BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Good Day To One And All

Hi Again. Not been on for a while so I thought I'd see how you were all doing.

How do you veiw your season so far, better than expected, worse or about what you thought would happen?

It doesn't take a genius to know that so far we are far higher than expected but I have to say you don't seem to be suffering to much from the loss of the Welsh GobSh*te

So how do you see your season panning out? Can you match or improve on last season? Do you think Hughes will end up going to Man U if he keeps on doing the job he is for you?

Morning.

We'll finish top ten, have a run to the ko stages in Europe, suffer exit at hands of Chelsea in Carling Cup and make quarter finals of FA Cup.

Sparky's reputation will soar but will still not get the Man U job. Have a feeling there will be a vacancy at Newcastle soon and he may well be tempted.

You will flatter to deceive up until xmas and then when your players realise where they are they'll bottle it and finish mid table. Still, it's better than you'd have hoped in the summer. Oh and Cotterill will probably fly the nest having 'gone as far as he possibly can' with the club.

hey up dingle nice to hear from you again.

bumley are the surprise package in div championship so far. you no doubt are amongs the few bumley fans who will have vertigo at the heights your team has so far reached. Dont worry, the nose bleeds will stop from next Saturday onwards as you free fall into oblivion when Cottrill leaves the turd for wba.

As for your arch enemies, the futire is MArk Hughes, the future is BLUE and WHITE :brfc:

I saw you against norwich - you were very good (and that really really hurts me to say that).

But I think one or two injuries and or suspensions and you're back to midtable.

Managed to get rid of Edmundson yet?

Hi Longsider. Welcome back!

I think I am in a minority of 1 on here, but I would really love Burnley and Preston to get promoted to the Prem. Then we could have the good old derby matches back again just like it used to be. We should all benefit from improved gates if that happened, but best of all it would be lovely to come to Turf Moor again at Christmas and give the Dingles a right good seeing to! Ahhh! The memories ;)

Absolutely no chance IMHO :)

Agree totally, can't see that happening. Think that providing Hughes continues to get the full backing of the board to assist with his ambition the only serious threat would Man Utd.

With regards to our start Longsider, we started very slowly but we're now into our stride. A few people on here were panicking after the first few games but as I said its better to start slowly and build into rythm rather than go out of traps like a greyhound. Clubs that do that tend to falter towards Xmas, just hope the same doesn't happen to you.

Must say, it does make a change to check the results and see that you've won though! How do you see your position, do you believe you can sustain it?

Edited by BrianPotter

Absolutely no chance IMHO :)

Hmmm.

The resources to spend 16 million on one player, 52,000 fans every week, big city club with huge global potential, opportunity of legend status even if he only wins the Carling Cup and the chance to showcase his talents to a bigger audience.

Do you honestly not think he'd be tempted to leave Rovers for that?

Hmmm.

The resources to spend 16 million on one player, 52,000 fans every week, big city club with huge global potential, opportunity of legend status even if he only wins the Carling Cup and the chance to showcase his talents to a bigger audience.

NO :lol: You forgot to mention anything about Fat Freddie

Hmmm.

Maybe, if it was anywhere other than Newcastle United. For me the reputation they have as an employer (particular when it comes to managers) would certainly put me off.

Hmmm.

Or you could look at it like this: a club with debts of around £80m, fans who want you to resign as soon as you lose two games in a row, a board and a fanbase that believe they have a divine right to trophies, a board who are quick to sack a manager and a shocking defence and strikeforce.

Newcastle, Tottenham, Villa - all very similar to me. All big clubs with good support but also living in the past.

Hughes wont leave us for them. Allardyce might tho!

As for Bumley - a few injuries and they will fall like a house brick

Hmmm.

Don't think Hughes will leave to manage the Barcodes. He has been quoted at wanting to manage the club's he's played for, so that leaves a handful of clubs; Wrexham, Man U, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Everton and us.

Clubs that do that tend to falter towards Xmas, just hope the same doesn't happen to you.

Must say, it does make a change to check the results and see that you've won though! How do you see your position, do you believe you can sustain it?

Not sure, our form has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous game by game. We need some luck with injuries and suspensions and we need the stability of the manager staying (which looks likely for the time being at least).

It is easy for us to forget (you probably never noticed :D ) we have actually been in the play places for the previous 2 seasons come Xmas/New year - and we have then sold ours and the divisions top scorer. I guess if silly money is offered for Gray then the same could happen again, lets hope we can at least hold on until the end of the season and see where we can get to.

Hmmm.

No way would Hughes be tempted.

I think Hughes (and his wife) have the ability to look at the totality of the football club.

Newcastle haven't failed for 50 years because they have had 50 years' worth of bad managers. It is because the club is rotten from the top and nobody can turn it into a successful club until they sell it to somebody who knows what to do with it other than ripping it off.

I'd quite like to see Burnley in the Prem :o

6 easy points for us and good to see them losing every week :P

:o

The top half of the championship looks a bit scary. At the time of writing, Burnley are 3rd!!! It's all a bit worrying. We can't have Burnley in the Premier league can we? It's bad enough that Preston (who are currently fourth) reach the playoffs occasionally.

I just hope that this is just early season form and won't mean owt in t'long haul ;):P

You cant beat the atmophere(apart from their knuckledraggers) and tension of the East Lancs derby,so as long as we retain our Premiership place is there any real problem?

Cant believe I have just posted the above. :blink:

Any chance of getting rid of that photograph Simon,everytime you post I am reminded that not even one Rovers player managed to give the Burnley turd a good kicking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.