BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dvd Rip

Hey, does anyone know of a programme that copies DVD films onto your hard drive into a single file. I have done it with other software but the copied or ripped dvd is in numerous different files within a folder. Whats the fastest way to rip dvds into single files.

Thanks Ben

On a similar kind of note, I have problems with Movie file that I have downloaded in that they have no picture yet have sound.

This has happened on several occasions and I am yet to download a working film.

What am I doing wrong?

You might need a video codec. On the website I link to, look for a codec identifier in the tools section, I use GSpot. When it tells you which video codec you need, check the tools section again and get the required codec. The website also has forums with loads of info too. I usually find that the XVid codec plays all my movies but there are others, that's why you really need the codec identifier.

Videohelp.

Hey, does anyone know of a programme that copies DVD films onto your hard drive into a single file. I have done it with other software but the copied or ripped dvd is in numerous different files within a folder. Whats the fastest way to rip dvds into single files.

Thanks Ben

And if you use a Mac, then MacTheRipper is for you

On a similar kind of note, I have problems with Movie file that I have downloaded in that they have no picture yet have sound.

This has happened on several occasions and I am yet to download a working film.

What am I doing wrong?

As already said, is probably the codec. If you use VLC Player to play it, with the correct codec, shouldn't be a problem to play back on a PC - http://www.videolan.org

Also while were on the movie theme, I have the film sin city on my hard drive and it used to be fine but now when I play it in windows media it plays like its on fast forward with loads of bits missing, and on div x player plays at the right speed with no sound. I tried messing with the speed settings on windows media but no success. I copied n pasted the same file to a friends pc and it runs fine. Anyone have the answer?

• 1 month later...

Ive now got the Mary Whitehouse Experience on DVD, I want to copy a short clip to upload to You tube, has anyone got something like Audacity that would work just to rip this one small bit?

id like it to be free too please (i dont ask for much I know ;) )

Ive now got the Mary Whitehouse Experience on DVD, I want to copy a short clip to upload to You tube, has anyone got something like Audacity that would work just to rip this one small bit?

id like it to be free too please (i dont ask for much I know ;) )

I don't know if anything newer exists but DVD Decrytper allows you to rip chapters into individual vobs. I use this to rip TV episodes from DVD's

What I want to do is change an avi file to a dvd file. This dosnt seem to do it - any ideas?

I am currently trying ConvertXtoDVD to do just that (well it's actually an xvid I am converting). It seems to cost money though unless you can aquire it.

There are other various free methods but these seems to use multiple tools like TMPeg etc. You can find the guides at www.vcdhelp.com

Edited by Biddy

What I want to do is change an avi file to a dvd file. This dosnt seem to do it - any ideas?

You could take your pick from these programs, some are free and there are guides to help you for some of them. I've never converted avi to dvd so I don't know which would be the best option, you could ask in the forum on that site.

AVI to DVD

I am currently trying ConvertXtoDVD to do just that (well it's actually an xvid I am converting). It seems to cost money though unless you can aquire it.

There are other various free methods but these seems to use multiple tools like TMPeg etc. You can find the guides at www.vcdhelp.com

not if you crack them :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
I am trying to edit some MP3 files, and have downloaded AUDACITY. All I want to do is to edit, fade in/out and similar-will it work , and how easy is it?

I have never had a problem with this. All you do is upload your music file. Edit it with the easy to use buttons in the programme and then goto file and 'export as MP3'

Not sure cos its been so long since I installed it but you may also need this - Click

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.