BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are You Listening.... Merged with

Wayne Hemmingway has shed loads... my tutor at Uni knows him...

Also.... did you know, Jack's brother, Fred has 800m...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,5311,00.html

Wayne Hemmingway is a very rich man, and from what I've seen of him a very decent bloke. However, he is nowhere near in the financial league of Roman, Jack Walker etc. Probably has a few million in the bank but not enough to make any sort of impact in todays football setup.

With regards to Fred Walker, the £800m I believe is the total of the Walker Family estate, of which Fred is now head following Jacks death. So before Jacks death he would have been listed in place of Fred, so that £800m is in basic terms what is providing Rovers funding at present via the Trust.

Wayne Hemmingway is a very rich man, and from what I've seen of him a very decent bloke. However, he is nowhere near in the financial league of Roman, Jack Walker etc. Probably has a few million in the bank but not enough to make any sort of impact in todays football setup.

With regards to Fred Walker, the £800m I believe is the total of the Walker Family estate, of which Fred is now head following Jacks death. So before Jacks death he would have been listed in place of Fred, so that £800m is in basic terms what is providing Rovers funding at present via the Trust.

Abramovich to more than just an extent DMTP, if the rumour that he's put £400 mill into a trust fund to secure Chelsea's future is true.

I heard about 500 or 600 mill was Fred's fortune, a couple of years ago. Maybe Jersey Airlines has done amazingly well since! Doesn't the trust terminate after a set amount of years?

I'd promise to buy the club if I get really rich, but I already plan to buy Darwen FC and make them a league club again :D

If I get super rich and can get away with owning the two clubs though, I'd invest in the Rovers too of course.

I agree we shouldn't get supremely desperate for somebody to come and buy us though. Like has been pointed out, the majority of these takeovers will see early investment peter out, and then we'll be in as good a position at least as the other clubs try to make regular profit, whilst we continue to get trust money...should balance out our smaller fan base. I don't see the sense in Sparky getting frustrated now- the summer was obviously the time to invest in players. We all knew where we needed bolstering, and we've all been proven right. And most of us anticipated the money soon to come in which meant that effectively you might as well pay up to about 30 percent more for a player now than you thought he was worth, because in a year he would cost 50 percent more. Now, everyone's spotted that the money is due in just over 6 months, and they're buying to anticipate, meaning we'll have to do the same.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=21796

Newcastle United takeover link. Talksport just mentioned it though whether that was papertalk or a confirmation is unclear. Only caught the end of Alan Brazil's comments and Sky and BBC haven't confirmed or speculated on anything so can't be treated as fact yet.

It came from the Sun though I'm quite sure Talksport mentioned the Express.

Of course you are not going to say you have millions upon millions to spend but Hughes comments below suggest the purse strings are going to be as tight as ever.

“We sold Craig Bellamy for £6m in the summer and didn’t spend that much but we still don’t have a lot to go at.”

Edited by John

Of course you are not going to say you have millions upon millions to spend but Hughes comments below suggest the purse strings are going to be as tight as ever.

“We sold Craig Bellamy for £6m in the summer and didn’t spend that much but we still don’t have a lot to go at.”

That quote is hard to contextualise. couldn't he mean there are not many available players rather than available money?

• 1 month later...

Just as long as the proposed buyout of Hearts doesn't lead to Mr. Romanov buying us........................

I think we might be in a reasonable position in 5 years time. The billionaires may get bored or start to spend less money, and a few clubs may end up in trouble.

Hearts are already in trouble. They are now well on the way to having nothing but Lithuanian staff and players, and have already alienated virtually ALL the suporters.

Local people taking on the Romanov empire?

You're not wrong FifeRover

I doubt we'll see some billionaire from wherever trying to buy us. We are simply too small and not glamourous enough to interest them. Man Citeh, the Barcodes and maybe Arsenal are next.

Not sure if its a good thing, but we may get left behind in a few years time by all these teams being bought up. Even more so than we are now, hope we can continue punching above our weight.

However makes me feel proud that when we were bought it was by a guy who really loved the club. All those fans of other teams who said we bought the Prem title are having the same thing done to them, buying success by huge investment. Its a shame its come to this.

Not sure if its a good thing, but we may get left behind in a few years time by all these teams being bought up. Even more so than we are now, hope we can continue punching above our weight.

However makes me feel proud that when we were bought it was by a guy who really loved the club. All those fans of other teams who said we bought the Prem title are having the same thing done to them, buying success by huge investment. Its a shame its come to this.

The future looks great (on the pitch) and as long as the club stays stable, then long may it continue. Very sceptical of another Icelandic biscuit merchant-type character coming anyway and until another 'Uncle Jack' character comes a knockin, then we're probably better off carrying on the way we are.

Just shows how desparate Liverpool are though - They have hammered Man U fans for the Glazer buy out and their deal appears to exactly the same..Money money money!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.