BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gears Of War

Guest Kamy100

Got GOW for xmas, have to say (although its my opinion) very overrated. Has its moments but once its completed on Casual its rarther repetitive.

Does anyone know what good Xbox 360 games are around right now?

Same here, after you get over the graphics it does become easy and repetitive, the only thing that saves it is the online mode which is very good but then again Call Of Duty 3 has a superb single player and also online mode. Also as Shev says above you have to get Rainbow Six it is an absolute essential purchase.

Same here, after you get over the graphics it does become easy and repetitive, the only thing that saves it is the online mode which is very good but then again Call Of Duty 3 has a superb single player and also online mode. Also as Shev says above you have to get Rainbow Six it is an absolute essential purchase.

Glad someone else agrees, to be honest since getting a 360 a lot of the games seem vastly over rated. Some of these shooters do nothing for me, yeah graphics are aswesome and all that but at the end of the day if it doesnt interest then its out of the window. I thought the story sucked in gears of war and that put me off.

Luckly i got £45 back for it on ebay after only completing it once. Been researching good games, i quite fancy that Ghost Recon seems fairly original anyone played it?

I think its always good to borrow games of mates, good way of testing them first

thats the beauty of Battlefield 2 - a half decent commander will find them for you, then you can go and slaughter them with a cunning use of Knives, C4 or my favourites - shock paddles (defibrilator)or the sneakiest - go sniper creep up behind them and stick a claymore behind them, reveng is sweet, especially if your'e on vent and can hear them swear when they move and get blown across the street.

Muhahahaha

thats the beauty of Battlefield 2 - a half decent commander will find them for you, then you can go and slaughter them with a cunning use of Knives, C4 or my favourites - shock paddles (defibrilator)or the sneakiest - go sniper creep up behind them and stick a claymore behind them, reveng is sweet, especially if your'e on vent and can hear them swear when they move and get blown across the street.

Muhahahaha

i must admit that sounds very tempting to have a go at that, do many people play it online? and what are the achievements like?

what are the achievements like?

I think Flopsy is talking about the PC version. Battlefield on the 360 is appalling - I took it back after a couple of days and wish I could wipe the poxy 20 achievement points I got from it off my record. A truly hateful little game that nobody plays these days.

i will take your advise on that then! im still trying to get into gears of war, i had it since xmas day and still cant make up my mind if i like it or not. give it its due the graphics are absolutely awesome

I find Gears a bit samey in Campaign mode. I finished it in co-op on normal difficulty, then started again on hardcore to get more achievement points but just got bored of it halfway through. I'm normally a sucker for achievements but I don't know if I''ll ever go back to it now, and the thought of never playing it again doesn't bother me.

Online, well there's no reason to waste time on it when I could be ranking up in Rainbow Six. I saw a quote a while back saying that graphics are like the pretty face and hot body that make you chat up a girl in a bar, whereas gameplay is the great personality that makes you marry her a few years down the line.

Or something like that. Sums up Gears for me, especially compared to Rainbow Six.

I find Gears a bit samey in Campaign mode. I finished it in co-op on normal difficulty, then started again on hardcore to get more achievement points but just got bored of it halfway through. I'm normally a sucker for achievements but I don't know if I''ll ever go back to it now, and the thought of never playing it again doesn't bother me.

Online, well there's no reason to waste time on it when I could be ranking up in Rainbow Six. I saw a quote a while back saying that graphics are like the pretty face and hot body that make you chat up a girl in a bar, whereas gameplay is the great personality that makes you marry her a few years down the line.

Or something like that. Sums up Gears for me, especially compared to Rainbow Six.

Got to agree with that. Bought rainbow 6 and Gears of war at the same time. GOW is now gathering dust having got 1/2 way through the campaign. Rainbow six on the other hand...I'm just about to complete the single player and will probably end up going on line after that.

R6 is the best console game i've played since God of War in my humble opinion.

So would anybody be interested in setting up a R6 online game some day? How many can be on a server at one time? I haven't had the chance to try yet. If it works out, we could make it a regular thing maybe...? BRFCS slaughter? :P

The maximum is 14 and you can usually go that high without it lagging too much unless one or two of the players have terrible connections. My favourite online game ever - I spent most of the last year playing GRAW online but now it's R6 all the way. If anyone's around at the weekend, send me a friend request. Gamer tag is calistan

R6 is a different kettle of fish online. Gears is all about waiting for an opportunity to pounce, then either wiping out the other team or getting stomped and sitting around until the next game starts. R6 is about squad discipline, so you decide what you're going to be doing - sniping, protecting one entrance to your base, launching a raid, flanking the enemy, watching someone's back or whatever - and stick to it. As long as your team mates are competent, it works brilliantly. Get stuck with an undisciplined team and you end up getting slaughtered. You can't play it like a 'run & gun' game at all.

Easier to get into than Gears, I'd say, because matches generally last 20 minutes so you get loads of chances to learn from the mistakes that got you killed. Plus you get experience points, win or lose, which is a great incentive to keep playing.

Archived