BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Step Forward

In my eyes, things have been fantastic lately. Warnock and Samba both fantastic signings and its great to have Dunn back at the club. Gettting fitter each match, a goal is sure to come.

Matt Derbyshire has been improving vastly and Nonda has shown he can get goals. Ryan Nelson is a real leader and was an absolute bargain. Brett Emerton is playing the best he ever has. David Bentley singing a new contract is great news too. I could go on and on about certain players about how good I think they are playing or about the improvement they have made but I am pleased overall with everyone. Benni, Tugay and so on. (Goodbye Lucas!!!).

Mark Hughes has done an amazing job. (Please stay with us!!!). I love everything about the club and always will. No dividing loyalties, Blackburn and only Blackburn will I support.

:lol:

too much optimism on this board at the moment, its going to come and bite us in the arse very soon

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're absolutely right; what we need on a day like this is to reflect on:

How crap the attendance was last night

How past it Tugay is

What a poor match bentley had

How arsenal only brought their third team along

How it's all the fault of the muslims anyway

How short of standard "th'axe" really is

Why did we ever let Beattie/Hendry/McEveley/etc go as they were world class and much better than the makeweights we're now left with

How Hughes has completely screwed up our lives/season/weekend/afternoon depending on how sad we are all prepared to admit being due to his poor tactics/selection/man management/buying & selling

Then I'll not think I've bookmarked the wrong site

too much optimism on this board at the moment, its going to come and bite us in the arse very soon

It's funny after losing in Germany I thought we'd come back and lose at the Emirates, then beat Bayer at home. It obviously didn't work out that way! I am optimistic though. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, Hughes and the players he has bought are fantastic.

The new players are gelling together, once the injuries are back we'll have a very strong squad, our new defence has started to keep clean sheets and it looks good for next season. We've just knocked Arsenal out of the FA Cup! I don't think the optimism is unfounded, as long as it's not over the top.

We're allowed to give ourselves a pat on the back because hardly anyone else does. Especially Mr 'let's talk about how we were hard done by in the Carling cup final, instead of letting Blackburn have their moment' Wenger.

So I say be optimistic just don't get too cocky.

Cheers,

Pug

Agreed, optomism is fine as long as it is tempered with a hint of realism.

That said, Samba was a rock next to the admiral, I really rate Warnock as well, I think he's going to be superb.

We're looking good up front also (I don't care which one comes up with the goods each week, as long as 1 of them turn's up!)

confidence is something that should not be had around rovers.

Rules of thumb -

If Rovers can cock it up, they will

If you expect an easy win for Rovers, we'll lose (Watford away anyone?)

are u not proud to be a Rovers fan of late then?

If Rovers can cock it up, they will

That’s entirely correct. Other than the time we won the Full Members Cup, Promotion (twice), The Premier League and The League Cup it was all been one big catastrophe. If only we were a proper football club like Newcastle or Manchester City or Bolton who have almost continued success we could be happy with our lot.

dont try and bring logic and reason into it - you know deep down im right.

Who but the most myopic expected us to win the Worthington Cup? With a 36+ year old striker playing central midfield?

And Gazz im always proud to be a rover, but im also a miserable pessimist, it means that I dont feel guilty for jinxing the team if I think we have a chance

dont try and bring logic and reason into it - you know deep down im right.

Who but the most myopic expected us to win the Worthington Cup? With a 36+ year old striker playing central midfield?

And Gazz im always proud to be a rover, but im also a miserable pessimist, it means that I dont feel guilty for jinxing the team if I think we have a chance

u miserable old fart, u should be on top of the world after last night

I'm confident, not cocky. It's just that things are going pretty well at the moment and i'm happy with the players we're getting in and the job Mark Hughes is doing.

:rolleyes:

I didn't mean you were cocky. I was saying you are right to be optimistic and I agree with what you wrote. I was replying to Flopsy really, meaning if anyone is too cocky I could understand the pessimism.

u miserable old fart, u should be on top of the world after last night

Hurrah we won a cup match! Hurrah we play Man Citeh at Home Hurrah! Hurrah! Rovers will balls it up Hurrah!

Its a great win, but if we do somehow manage to beat Citeh, can you see us getting anyone but ManUre or Chelski in the Semi's?

Hurrah we won a cup match! Hurrah we play Man Citeh at Home Hurrah! Hurrah! Rovers will balls it up Hurrah!

Its a great win, but if we do somehow manage to beat Citeh, can you see us getting anyone but ManUre or Chelski in the Semi's?

we can look forward to it, you never know in football.

did you think we were going to win last night???

Look, fellas - I'm with Flopsy on this: After 30+ years of following Rovers, I have been fully trained to have low expectations that the team then continually fail to meet. For example, you must remember the 80's when we went on record-breaking runs where the bookies would not take bets on our getting promoted only to have too many easter eggs every year and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, on one occasion by dint of one freakin goal.

This kind of experience is deeply ingrained and, even now, the team at the bottom of the Premiership must hope and pray for a match with Rovers - what were the results when we played Charlton, Watford and West Ham all of whom were bottom when we turned up all charitable?

Now, I'm happy to be wrong but some of us who are a bit longer in the tooth will need a long period of time to adjust from such experiences.

So, apart from the Full Members Cup, Promotion (Twice), a Premiership, a Worthington Cup, a number of FA Cup and League Cup quarter/semi finals and European qualification on four separate occasions in the last twenty years, what have Rovers ever done for us? Popular Front of Judaea, my ar5e!

Aboslutely! Bloody Rovers winning games, risking more games against the top 4. Better to be in the Championship, where we can routinely stuff the likes of Southend, then mysteriously balls it up come playoff time.

Hughes out!

Simon :brfc:

We have a realm chance of moving forward.

A win against City and then managing to avoid Chelsea or the Mancs would give us a great chance of reaching Wembley.

We'll probably balls it up against Citeh now..

The negativity in here worries me. Are you Rovers supporters at all? We need to get behind our team and appreciate a win when we get it. Were safe in the league, had a nice run in Europe and have a chance of an FA Cup Final. Wake up for goodness sake.

"Hughes mush go" someone said. I say "Open your bloody eyes mate!"

Archived