BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I'm going to go through the names one by one, as there are a few, and give my opinion:

1. Peter Reid: As pointed out by Bryan, he did pretty well there, but that was a long time ago. His stint at Coventry, where they went from nearly reaching the play-offs to getting relegated from the 1st division shows he's not got it.

2. Gerrard Houllier: Hmm, let's see. He leaves a team that regularly wins the French league and reaches the knockout stages of the Champions League to manage a team heavily in debt, and can't even get into the intertoto cup.

3. Graeme Souness: Like Reid, he is yesterday's man with his outdated tactics and confrontational man management style.

4. Glenn Hoddle: Mediocre manager for any club with middling ambitions.

5. Brian Horton: What? are we in 1993? They'll be calling for Malcom Allison or Ernest Magnall next.

1. Peter Reid: As pointed out by Bryan, he did pretty well there, but that was a long time ago. His stint at Coventry, where they went from nearly reaching the play-offs to getting relegated from the 1st division shows he's not got it.

Have I missed something? When did Reid take Coventry down?

Sorry that should have been nearly getting Coventry relegated from the 'championship', which is what I meant by the 1st division. It was Gordon Strachan that took then down. Good way to wind up my Coventry supporting friend is to say how great Peter was. And state how Craig Bellamy is such a fantastic player who tries hard every game. :lol:

Archived