BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

On the radio they have just been saying that the semi's will be at Cardiff.

SCANDALOUS.

Better not be - as I have said before I aint going if they are.

Do not conform to it boycott it if they are after the fiasco last time - would anybody be prepared to if it is?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jan should have come to the pub I go to before the game - absolutely chocker full of jocks watching the Celtic game .......Celtic fans the lot of them :ph34r:

As I've said- I was at Celtic Park watching it live. Celtic park is 3 hours away from Blackburn. The game kicked off at 12.30 and finished at 2.15. Our game started at 4. Unless I'd flown I couldn't have got there any quicker, so the person who said I should have left earlier clearly couldn't even do basic arithmetic.

Was I devastated when Celtic lost- emotionally yes, rationally no. Rationally, if the game had been important we'd have killed them- we had enough chances. It ate slightly into the lead, making it 16 instead of 19 points. Also as I said I was pretty sure that after that Rovers wouldn't lose- which tempered the disappintment.

As for my support

Celtic since I was old enough to say the word (approximately 12 months old I'm told)

Rovers since 1991 (season ticket holder since 1995)

Season ticket holder at both. Season ticket holder for Setanta and Sky as well.

As I've said- I was at Celtic Park watching it live. Celtic park is 3 hours away from Blackburn. The game kicked off at 12.30 and finished at 2.15. Our game started at 4. Unless I'd flown I couldn't have got there any quicker, so the person who said I should have left earlier clearly couldn't even do basic arithmetic.

Was I devastated when Celtic lost- emotionally yes, rationally no. Rationally, if the game had been important we'd have killed them- we had enough chances. It ate slightly into the lead, making it 16 instead of 19 points. Also as I said I was pretty sure that after that Rovers wouldn't lose- which tempered the disappintment.

As for my support

Celtic since I was old enough to say the word (approximately 12 months old I'm told)

who did you want to win when Rovers played Celtic a couple of seasons ago?

well rovers are in the semis again and all she does is moan about celtic ,womens footy ,rugby and "flaming roadworks".

well proud to be a rover....i told my little lad hes being spoilt,hes 8 years old and had a season ticket for 6 years and he's going to his 2nd semi(he better not break his leg again this time) and im 40 and its my 2nd semi hahaahaha

they dont need to nuke the balls ,they will just do as darren cambell did in an earlier round,HE SIMPLY LOOKED IN TO SEE WHAT NUMBER OF BALL TO PICK OUT.

ROVERS WATFORD AT CELTICS GROUND BRING IT ON :P

Now you really are talking, Abbs! I would be up for that, in fact anywhere in Scotland would do> I get free bus travel throughout Scotland, shame it's not in England as well. :lol:

Rovers easily beat a City team without playing well at all. MGP had a nightmare, Benni was crud, Derbs couldn't keep the ball, Bentley had a mare...

Bert got the MOM which tells it all. City were absolutely useless. Thie fans didn't help either, despite the numbers, as soon as they went behind they just gave up. And when they were faced with the task of playing ten men for 20 minutes to get into the semis of the FA cup, they were even worse. Started booing them and giving them the Not Fit To Wear The Shirt line!

Great support that is!

And for the second cup match in row, there was a pitch invasion from Rovers fans, although good natured initially and probably a reaction to the City transgressors, it all got a bit nasty. Lesson-probably a bad idea to run on the pitch, esp when the police look at the CCTV and you get a ban from Ewood and a trip to the magistrates coourt.

I saw the tug-of-war child outside-still in one piece, but looked about 13 foot long!

And if our semi is at Cardiff, I shall be fuming.

If people are allowed to run on the pitch and then get back in the Blackburn End then more and more will start to do it. A few got away with it against Arsenal. Another one tried it yesterday. Had the Stewards just chucked him back inthe crowd there would probably be one or two more who'd try it against West Ham. Sorry but the stewards had to chuck him out. It didnt help them that the lad was gripping hold of Tugs for dear life.

As for the punches at the stewards, it looked more than one punch thrown. Why anyone should punch a steward for doing their job as instructed is beyond me.

As for the semi-finals Cardiff would be a joke. The old excuse aboout it being there to allow more fans to watch just doesnt apply now, especially as the capacity at Old Trafford is actually bigger. Decent ticket prices would be £60 instead of £35. Travel, accomidation etc.. I'm not going to say anything rash like "I'm not going" but it would really P me off.

Better not be - as I have said before I aint going if they are.

Do not conform to it boycott it if they are after the fiasco last time - would anybody be prepared to if it is?

I'll be gutted if they are. Agree about the boycott but we need to make sure it's publicised well enough so we don't just get abuse for not going.

Im not boycotting anything Im afraid - Id be livid, but Id still be there. However, I do not believe they are at Cardiff - In fact im fairly sure of it.

Ditto (although not livid- I like Cardiff)

Some posts on the Official mb confirm gate at 27k+. Isnt Ewood capacity over 31k? There were simply not 3k empty seats there today. What is going on? Is this some kind of tax fiddle?

For the second time in a few weeks the turnstiles in my section of the JW upper weren't working and people were just walking in. So any gate can only be an estimate, although probably more accurate than for a League game based on tickets sold.

Cracking tax dodge potentially.

And if our semi is at Cardiff, I shall be fuming.

Until the ties are known it's difficult to guess any of this BUT over the weekend of 14/15 April the PL fixtures:

Aston Villa are away at Boro making Villa Park available

City are at home to Liverpool making COMS unavailable

Utd are at home to Chelsea making OT available if Utd are not involved in the match

Arsenal are at home to Bolton meaning the Emirates is not available

I have a suspicion that unless the draw pans out wonderfully we are looking at Cardiff. I for one will be absolutely furious if that's the case. Ther's no justification, except the FA will have done a deal ~ keep the Millienium on standby for the final and we'll give you the semis if Wembley is ready. I rekon that's close to the truth and we will all be stitched up again on price and travel.

Until the ties are known it's difficult to guess any of this BUT over the weekend of 14/15 April the PL fixtures:

Aston Villa are away at Boro making Villa Park available

City are at home to Liverpool making COMS unavailable

Utd are at home to Chelsea making OT available if Utd are not involved in the match

Arsenal are at home to Bolton meaning the Emirates is not available

I have a suspicion that unless the draw pans out wonderfully we are looking at Cardiff. I for one will be absolutely furious if that's the case. Ther's no justification, except the FA will have done a deal ~ keep the Millienium on standby for the final and we'll give you the semis if Wembley is ready. I rekon that's close to the truth and we will all be stitched up again on price and travel.

As both Man City and Birmingham City are at home on the 14th, if the games are to be played at Old Trafford/Villa, one of those games will have to be postponed because the police wont allow 2 games in the same city at the same time.

I've never taken any notice before but don't recall a PL fixture being postponed to accomodate an FA Cup tie unless one of the teams was involved in the cup tie. The more I read and think about this I reckon the semis are a nailed on certainty for Cardiif, unless the replays and the draw result in an almost unbelievable pairing. One of which is that Chelsea and utd are kept apart :o

Villa Park would still be available on the 15th though as would COMS I suppose.

For the second time in a few weeks the turnstiles in my section of the JW upper weren't working and people were just walking in. So any gate can only be an estimate, although probably more accurate than for a League game based on tickets sold.

Cracking tax dodge potentially.

bbe wernt working again either

Imo it was a pretty poor performance yesterday but an excellent result.

Of the outfield players I thought Samba was magnificent, especially with Nelsen clearly struggling, McCarthy looked quite lively and Peter put in a superb cameo appearance. I thought everyone else had an off day.

Thankfully Citeh were, as we suspected, even worse.

Derbyshire's debut goal at Ewood should help him.

The pitch is the worst I can remember it in the post Jack Walker era. Desperately needs properly sorting out in summer.

Wonderful chant in the Fox and Hounds post match. To the tune of "Uncle Jack's ........................blue and white army"

"Uncle Jack's .......................going to Wembley" :lol:

Great, great night.

If people are allowed to run on the pitch and then get back in the Blackburn End then more and more will start to do it. A few got away with it against Arsenal. Another one tried it yesterday. Had the Stewards just chucked him back inthe crowd there would probably be one or two more who'd try it against West Ham. Sorry but the stewards had to chuck him out. It didnt help them that the lad was gripping hold of Tugs for dear life.

As for the punches at the stewards, it looked more than one punch thrown. Why anyone should punch a steward for doing their job as instructed is beyond me.

As for the semi-finals Cardiff would be a joke. The old excuse aboout it being there to allow more fans to watch just doesnt apply now, especially as the capacity at Old Trafford is actually bigger. Decent ticket prices would be £60 instead of £35. Travel, accomidation etc.. I'm not going to say anything rash like "I'm not going" but it would really P me off.

:rover: we had just got in the semi final off the cup,i wo'nt call anyone for running on the pitch,toogs did right,as for the stewards the vast majority are jumped up wannabees,one in the jw upper was telling a group off lads on the back row to sit down.when one pointed out all the citeh fans were stood up,she soon disappeared.

if the lad had been left to go back in the bburn end,no one would have been injured,i saw one steward holding his face,a injury that could have been avioded by using sense :wstu::brfc:

As for my support

1.drive faster

2."Was I devastated when Celtic lost- emotionally yes, rationally no"

if burnley beat us in any game id be devastated!

3.rovers season ticket holder since 1995....bandwagon then for the glory years heres me thinking you are a life long rover

Archived