BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

It would have been 2000 only for the bleedin' seats.

'Completely took the edge off my afternoon.' - That's just petty, we've just reached the FA cup semi final for gods sake

Sorry but it gives me no pleasure to watch fans from the BBE assaulting stewards. As I said I hope they are banned for life. People are criticising the entire City support on the basis of 2-3 neanderthals who ran on the pitch. If you going to use those standards to judge fans you are implying the same of those in the BBE being representative of Rovers fans.

Hmm are you talking about after the final whistle Paul? We left pretty sharpish 1 or 2 minutes after the final whistle, due to us wanting to get out of there before Citeh got out and my other half needed the toilet and pestering me!

Yes. Tugay came on the pitch to applaud the support, a fan ran on to celebrate with him. Stewards tried to remove the fan while Tugay clearly told them to just take him back to the crowd. The stewards did this got the fan over the barriers and then frog-matched him towards the exit between the JW and the BBE. As they got halfway along a few fans started to throw punches at the stewards and try to wrestle the fan from them. By the time they had reached the exist area, 20 or so were attacking the stewards. One steward was lead away clearly hurt. What happened to the fan I don't know.

I understand Tugay's motives and in a sense he was right but equally he should not have got involved. Everyone was watching and I'm afraid his actions may have contributed to the reaction from this scum who attacked the stewards. TBH Tugs should have let the stewards do their bit and the stewards should have shown some common sense and just put the lad back in the crowd.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the stewards should have shown some common sense and just put the lad back in the crowd.

For me that is the key bit, when the crowd grab hold of a lad to pull him back into the stand you are simply fighting a losing battle by attempting to keep hold of him. I said to the BBE Head steward afterwards as well. Do whatever you need to do with the CCTV footage, but things will happen by attempting to win a tug of war with the crowd - the lad could have been ripped in two, or someone would get hurt. I believe that someone threw a punch at a steward (although couldnt see properly from way back in the Blackburn End.)

Anyway,

I now need to tell my brother in law I'll not be at this wedding of his on the 14th April

For me that is the key bit, when the crowd grab hold of a lad to pull him back into the stand you are simply fighting a losing battle by attempting to keep hold of him.

Yes and no for me, and although the lad should not have been on the pitch -IMO and many others around me in the BBE end felt the Stewards escalated the situation. Paul -to me they where complete clueless in the way they dealt with it , there where high emotions , the lad didn't pose a threat and even Tugay said to put him back in the crowd (maybe, maybe not) but all they needed to do was keep hold of him and wait for people to go or just put him back of the crowd as you could see exactly what was going to happen.

Interestingly enough the stewards couldn't wait to get hold of this lad, who wasn't big or giving it what for and was in a hug with Tugay - yet none of them wanted to tackle the Citeh plonker dressed in whie - I wonder why?

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Mar 11 2007, 00:52 ) 497722[/snapback]
Celtic Celtic Celtic, blah blah blah..... Cant even celebrate a Rovers win without going on about it

BORING

Oh and how did I laugh - Eghiogh oggy oggy oggy - thought he had retired :lol:

I didn't see the game but this is clearly a massive result for us. With any luck we'll get Watford in the semis (please, please, please, please).

With a bit of luck Boro will beat Manure, and Spurs will beat Chelski. On second thoughts that wouldn't be luck; that would be a miracle.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Mar 11 2007, 00:52 ) 497722[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Celtic Celtic Celtic, blah blah blah..... Cant even celebrate a Rovers win without going on about it

BORING

Oh and how did I laugh - Eghiogh oggy oggy oggy - thought he had retired :lol:

Funnily enough not too devastated (for reasons mentioned above). CONTEXT

I knew we'd win as I watched Celtic bombard Rangers goal for the whole first half of the match, only for Ehiogu!!!!!??!! to score with an overhead kick. The gods of sport just couldn't be so cruel that Rangers would beat Celtic, England would beat France at Rugby, England would beat Scotland at women's football AND Citeh would beat Rovers. And I was right.

Saw all bar the last 10 minutes of Celtic v Rangers and all bar 5 minutes of the second half of Rovers v Citeh (flippin' roadworks or would have got there earlier!)

so are you a rover first or second? if its a rover man i hate people who change who they support..if its celtic as you said to me because i dont "attend" every away match ..YOUR NOT A PROPER CELTIC FAN!!!!! how long have you been a rover ??

jesus h ..rovers are in the semi finals and alls you do is moan about flaming scotland ..MOVE BACK THERE THEN IF IT BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH IN THE COUNTRY YOU HATE ......

AND AS FOR MISSING THE FIRST 5 MINUTES ...YOU SHOULD OF DONE OF DONE WHAT YOU PREACHED TO PEOPLE ABOUT RUSH HOUR KICK OFF TIMES AND SET OFF IN PLENTY OF TIME ..EVERYONE ELSE MANAGED TO GET THERE ON TIME ...STOP MOANING..

JUST REALISED WHY YOUR UPSET ..THEM NASTY ROVER FANS WERE MAKING TO MUCH NOISE FOR YOU IN THE POSH BIT OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIDDUMS.

so are you a rover first or second? if its a rover man i hate people who change who they support..if its celtic as you said to me because i dont "attend" every away match ..YOUR NOT A PROPER CELTIC FAN!!!!! how long have you been a rover ??

jesus h ..rovers are in the semi finals and alls you do is moan about flaming scotland ..MOVE BACK THERE THEN IF IT BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH IN THE COUNTRY YOU HATE ......

AND AS FOR MISSING THE FIRST 5 MINUTES ...YOU SHOULD OF DONE OF DONE WHAT YOU PREACHED TO PEOPLE ABOUT RUSH HOUR KICK OFF TIMES AND SET OFF IN PLENTY OF TIME ..EVERYONE ELSE MANAGED TO GET THERE ON TIME ...STOP MOANING..

JUST REALISED WHY YOUR UPSET ..THEM NASTY ROVER FANS WERE MAKING TO MUCH NOISE FOR YOU IN THE POSH BIT OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIDDUMS.

You've not taken your tablets again Abbey. Tut,tut.

Watching the match on Sky here in Spain. Brilliant job lads, just seen a female Citeh in tears and shouting obscene things to the Rovers fans, what a shame. NOT

Come on you blues

JUST LIKE THE ASSHOLES ON LIVESY BRANCH ...bad losers wanting to fight anyone even if they had young kids ...buch of wankus.

city fans having a pop at scarfers and families ..CLASSY!!!!

as was said before..the sterwards again were a joke..big city fan dressed as ghost come over and wants to take the bbe on ..stewards stand around mulling over how or who has the bottle to appraoch him,whilst a rover kiddie (wrongly) goes on the pitch and celebrates ,now what happens ..skinny young lad oppsoed to big city man and 4 or 5 stewards bravly go to him.Tugs was stupid for getting involved and should of let the stewrds take him off the pitch,but whoever is in charge of the stewarding wants sacking because he should of enforced the stewards to take him off the pitch safely and bring him to the awaiting idiots art the bottom.

good head tackle by the steward on the other city fan that ran towrds the city bench and why did the fat paramedic get involved again??

JUST LIKE THE ASSHOLES ON LIVESY BRANCH ...bad losers wanting to fight anyone even if they had young kids ...buch of wankus.

city fans having a pop at scarfers and families ..CLASSY!!!!

as was said before..the sterwards again were a joke..big city fan dressed as ghost come over and wants to take the bbe on ..stewards stand around mulling over how or who has the bottle to appraoch him,whilst a rover kiddie (wrongly) goes on the pitch and celebrates ,now what happens ..skinny young lad oppsoed to big city man and 4 or 5 stewards bravly go to him.Tugs was stupid for getting involved and should of let the stewrds take him off the pitch,but whoever is in charge of the stewarding wants sacking because he should of enforced the stewards to take him off the pitch safely and bring him to the awaiting idiots art the bottom.

good head tackle by the steward on the other city fan that ran towrds the city bench and why did the fat paramedic get involved again??

He probably fancies a job as a bouncer, and this is his way of auditioning. :rolleyes:

You've not taken your tablets again Abbey. Tut,tut.

well rovers are in the semis again and all she does is moan about celtic ,womens footy ,rugby and "flaming roadworks".

well proud to be a rover....i told my little lad hes being spoilt,hes 8 years old and had a season ticket for 6 years and he's going to his 2nd semi(he better not break his leg again this time) and im 40 and its my 2nd semi hahaahaha

they dont need to nuke the balls ,they will just do as darren cambell did in an earlier round,HE SIMPLY LOOKED IN TO SEE WHAT NUMBER OF BALL TO PICK OUT.

ROVERS WATFORD AT CELTICS GROUND BRING IT ON :P

Sorry but it gives me no pleasure to watch fans from the BBE assaulting stewards. As I said I hope they are banned for life. People are criticising the entire City support on the basis of 2-3 neanderthals who ran on the pitch. If you going to use those standards to judge fans you are implying the same of those in the BBE being representative of Rovers fans.

a city fan on another forum said they were fighting between themselves inside and outside the ground

also a few kicking off with rovers fans, i was driving home and had them trying to push me off my bike idiots

i think the main problem is the stewards mentality

people had just seen that white chav casually walking over to the blackburn end trying to entice blackburn fans onto the pitch for a fight. Yet he got there without challenge, and even surrended himself by walking off the pitch

now a young blackburn lad runs on to hail tugay, ok hes in the wrong, tugay takes warmly to him, tells him to go back, and drags him towards stand, now 4 stewards come to grab hold of him, and put him in a police style arrest. Fans go mad because of the above paragraph^

they try grabbing him, and stewards now boost themselves into double figures, and fans still grabbing lad, so start grabbing stewards

NOW this is where the stewards are just pure idiotic, they are making the situation escalate themselves by keeping hold, the lad has done wrong but was it seriously that much of an offence

the stewards got 1 offence and enticed about 20 fans into a fight, they should have let him go as soon as they saw the mob waiting. Which was wrong of the mob, but feelings are high, we should all be happy but the stewards were being over the top taking him away

The Manchester Evening News Ist edition is a good read this morning saying there was a lot of fighting among the City fans themselves at Ewood and Pearce as two games left only to prove himself (against Chelsea and Middlesboro ).. They think key cock up for them was not to bring on an extra striker straightaway when Mokena got sent off..Youngsters at City are screaming Blue murder at not being given a first team chance

whoever is in charge of the stewarding wants sacking because he should of enforced the stewards to take him off the pitch safely

And that is the key - the club has a duty of care to protect its "customers" from danger (as far as reasonably practicable) even if they don't behave totally righteously. In effect the stewards placed the lad in danger by allowing him to be used as a rag-doll in a tug of war - in fact they even participated in it ffs. Any reasonable person could see that they acted unreasonably (probably embarassed by the earlier ghostly pitch invasion so they weren't going to allow it again). If I was the lad and was injured I would be visiting my solicitor this morning!

The stewards really are incapable at ewood. The one's involved in this incident are the one's who have "proper" jobs in ground "safety" (or aspire to it) but they always seem to take the easy option of positioning themselves in N01. Why don't they do the hard work and sort out the away fans - after all they were the ones who presented the real danger.

The club needs to look at its safety and stewarding arrangements because they are woefully inadequate from what I can see (as painfully demonstrated again!). Why are 80% of the stewards less than 60kg?? And why are they not a representative-sample of the local population (for TND et al to discuss). What precisely is the job they are required to do? Does it involve restrain and detain? etc etc

The Kids fault for running on the pitch! Simple as that. We've had all that sh1t in the past and should not ever want to go down that road again. Throw the book at him and any other dollopers who tried to play judge and jury on the stewards. It's a shame for one so overcome with excitement BUT there were another 20,000 others who felt just the same but who abided by the rules and stayed in their seats. Remember that kid and any others like him can only bring trouble to the club!

Whoever Jan supports most matters little it was a tremendous effort by her to do those two games on a day..... and from the London area too! I'll bet even the likes of Pittard and Burdie would struggle with that one. Sorry Abbs and SteB but it's a pity BRFC cannot attract another few thousand Jans.

Great effort by the team. Did Brad even have a save to make? At the time I questioned the wisdom of taking off our only recognised central midfielder but Tugays replacement set up the second goal so what do I know?

exactly maty...nice helmet you was carrying??was it your birds :P

:o im being followed

city invader 1

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73547277.j...79F712B5182AB21

The white man, seriously this guy needs shooting for wearing his work overalls at a game

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73547165.j...DB2D73DDA1D6D0F

rovers one

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73547225.j...58DBBE1B71C6A4C

now the guy in the suit is the same one that got white boy, but why didnt he go on the pitch for him :s

Great effort by the team. Did Brad even have a save to make? At the time I questioned the wisdom of taking off our only recognised central midfielder but Tugays replacement set up the second goal so what do I know?

both keepers didnt make a save

now the guy in the suit is the same one that got white boy, but why didnt he go on the pitch for him :s

Aye, but only when he surrendered - should have done what exactly what the other steward did in the other picture.

Archived