BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

He can't be english, there must have been a mix up and a brazilian baby was put in his place.

Alan, silverstone is indeed going to be rammed, ticket demand has rocketed in recent weeks. It would be great for english sport to get a world champion in his first season.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have a F1 driver who seems to be the real deal, unlike that overhyped joke Jenson Button. You get the feeling that Hamilton, may just be the next Senna/Prost/Schumacher despite his inexperience. Normal drivers just don't have two wins and a 100% record in finishing on the podium in their 1st 7 races, no matter how good the car is. If he wasn't that good, he'd have been at a lesser team.

And he's rattled Alonso, who is not looking like a champion with his behaviour. A true champion like Prost or Schumacher would say to themselves 'right, let's get on the track and put this kid in his place. I am the best driver here', and they wouldn't whinge on in the press about favouritism.

Nice to have a F1 driver who seems to be the real deal, unlike that overhyped joke Jenson Button. You get the feeling that Hamilton, may just be the next Senna/Prost/Schumacher despite his inexperience. Normal drivers just don't have two wins and a 100% record in finishing on the podium in their 1st 7 races, no matter how good the car is. If he wasn't that good, he'd have been at a lesser team.

And he's rattled Alonso, who is not looking like a champion with his behaviour. A true champion like Prost or Schumacher would say to themselves 'right, let's get on the track and put this kid in his place. I am the best driver here', and they wouldn't whinge on in the press about favouritism.

I've only just seen the result.Well done Lewis, there's no stopping the guy.Long may he continue.I'll catch the highlights later.

Disagree about that. Prost was a world-class whinger as well as a world-class driver!! :lol:

As for Schumacher, he only once in his F1 career drove against a semi-decent driver (Brundle in 1992) so he never had to put a 'kid in his place' as he was guaranteed #1 status from 1993 until the end of his career.

• 2 months later...

Hi PG, how`s things?

I`ve been following F1 religiously all season. Silverstone was a fantastic 5 night event. Arrived Wednesday morning and managed to sneak in to the pit lane in the afternoon. Your boys were listening to Razorlight, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs in the garage. Coolest pit crew by far.

The weather improved as the weekend progressed and the atmosphere was great.

Already bought next years tickets.

It sure is looking good Lee. Obviously I hope Lewis does it but its just nice to have an open championship. Hopefully the premier league will be the same.

So you were down on the Friday. Bloody windy that day. The night before in a tent was just scary. Next door`s dome tent ended up hooked to the front of a nearby 4x4. Don`t know what happened to the occupants!

I love Kimi Räikkönen but I don't think he'll win it this year.

I'm obviously patriotic to Hamilton as well so I hope he beats the others. It would be amazing and certainly win him the Sports Personality of the Year. :)

Mind you, I think it should be him anyway. :tu:

Lewis' move was further evidence, that despite all the bone-jarringly annoying hype that surrounds him, the boy can drive.

He could be the next Schumacher... just as successful and arrogant ( on the track at least).

I certainly don`t find him arrogant. Certainly not on the Schumacher sense anyway.

This lad is awesome. He is matching his team mate who is double world champion in his 1st season. Its unheard of and just can not be over stated. the overtaking move the other day on Kimi was incredible, especially with points at stake. Come to think of it, has anyone, other than off the start line actually over taken him all season? Nope.

I don't think Hamilton is arogant he seems quite level headed for his age and if he win's the title this season I'm sure he remain the same, not since Mansell have I seen a natural British racing driver as good as this.

As for the comparison with Schumacher he can be as good if not better than the german at least he hasnt tried to run other drivers off the track as Schumacher did sometimes.

Hamilton's start-line moves are right out of the book of Schuey.

Many times this season he's broken the theoretical 'one move' rule... which is a stupid rule anyway and was instigated to Schuey swerving/blocking all over the place in the run-in to the 1st corner.

AlanK - Michael Schumacher gave Nelson Piquet (a triple world champion) the run-around in his first season, so its not unheard of.

Who is lucky?

Ferrari? Again for being helped out by the FIA ( Ferrari`s independant assistants )?

Ask anyone who knows and follows the sport, especially those working at the top and you`ll find the punishment is beyond belief as has been the witch hunt of Ron Dennis.

Good for Ron for sticking around and I hope his team stick it up the Ferraris for a long time to come.

I`ve been following this case avidly since it became public months ago and the politics involved make getting in to number 10 childs play.

There is far,far more to it than meets the eye.

I`ll give you one of the very simple examples.

McLaren`s points have been deducted because its basically judged their car was designed using illegal means.

However, the drivers can use the illegal car to score points!?!

Wouldn`t want to spoil Lewis`s party and spoil the best title fight in a decade would we?

As long as Ferrari pick up their constructors cup.

It just does not make sense.

And that is just the tip of an incredibly complex ice berg.

Archived