SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

Jesus H Christ.

He's back into 5th.

EDIT: Bugger it he isn't, it changed as I was moving my eyes over from Massa :P

He's 12th

Now 11th..

Probably because of all the drivers making pit stops at the moment.... Thought Raikkonen and Massa would swap places after their pit visits but the Finn stayed for ages..

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of 86 and Mansell so close to wining it in Austrailia, Hamilton just didnt have the luck with him today, bad start and mechanical problems, still at 22 he will plenty more chances.

I bet Max Mosley and th FIA are glad that a Ferrari driver won it.

I bet Max Mosley and th FIA are glad that a Ferrari driver won it.

So true. When Schumacher had no rival they didn't know what rule to invent to make someone else win for a change. Now that it's been happening they're missing the Ferrari wins again.

Well done Kimi.

Its always great to see a great driver, and a great sportsman, become a champion.

As for Lewis.. well there are reasons why rookies can't win world championships straight away... and he's showed some of those over the last two races. Nevertheless... he'll be back and be much stronger for it.

And as for ITV.. true to form they cut away from the first ever press conference of a newly crowned world champion to talk to some guy's dad :rolleyes:

Thankfully Speed TV had the press conference in full.

What a sh*t excuse of a sport.

The bloke who won isn't the best racer, his we don't like that word, please don't use it team mate let hime overtake him, if he hadn't Alonso would have won the title.

What kind of sport is that? Absolute crap, should have to RACE to decide the best, not have a jolly.

Only someone who has only a passing interest in F1 would even dare to say that Kimi Raikkonen isn't a great racer.

I presume you completely missed the 2003 and 2005 season when Kimi finished runner up? Some of his drives in 2005 were breathtaking.

Mind you, BMW and Williams are currently under investigation from the stewards, w.r.t problems with their fuel samples.

Lewis may yet win the championship ;)

Only someone who has only a passing interest in F1 would even dare to say that Kimi Raikkonen isn't a great racer.

I presume you completely missed the 2003 and 2005 season when Kimi finished runner up? Some of his drives in 2005 were breathtaking.

I did completely miss because I have no interest in an ''Individual Team Sport.''

He won the world title because his team mate let him win. How can this make him a worthy champion, if each race were competed equally and fairly he wouldn't have won.

Simple as really , sometimes I wonder about the competetiveness of football, but the shambles of F1 makes me feel a little better.

Mind you, BMW and Williams are currently under investigation from the stewards, w.r.t problems with their fuel samples.

Lewis may yet win the championship ;)

Would be extremely harsh on Kimi should he have to end back over the title he's only just won.

I did completely miss because I have no interest in an ''Individual Team Sport.''

He won the world title because his team mate let him win. How can this make him a worthy champion, if each race were competed equally and fairly he wouldn't have won.

Simple as really , sometimes I wonder about the competetiveness of football, but the shambles of F1 makes me feel a little better.

McLaren have had plenty of team orders which decided races. It's not all as shallow as you see it having a glimpse only from time to time at the sport. Non-football followers say it's just 22 people running after a ball for an hour and a half :D

Had his car been as reliable as Hamiltons he'd probably have won the title earlier.

Had his car been as reliable as Hamiltons he'd probably have won the title earlier.

Not to mention that Massa and Raikkonen got quite a balanced treatment from their team this year, in my opinion. At least until it became obvious that Massa couldn't challenge for the title. M. Sch. was really favored in his day, but things have levelled out.

I would certainly not like to see Lewis win the title because of dodgy fuel in other cars.

However, McLaren have had the book thrown at them this year and Mike Gascoyne of Spyker claims the fuel in the BMW and Williams would have given them an advantage

This season is bonkers

But well done Kimi..I think

The responses from the F1 fans just back up my point.

''Yeah but he wasn't given preferential treatment..''

or ''dodgy fuel,''

''Spying.''

Joke of a sport. The best man in yesterdays race finished second, cos he let his mate win.

Apparently this happens often. How sh*te.

as well as lewis making a couple of mistakes in the last two races, pg....i have to question the tactics as set down by his race engineer or tactician...whoever it is that does that. in shanghai, when lewis was visably struggling and needed to change those tyres...only for his team to keep him out for another 6-8 laps i think, was mind boggling. then this morning, putting those super soft tyres on and going to a 3 stop strategy is non sensical in my book. a lad who is winning the championship race going into the final round should not be having a 3 stop strategy...it is just ludicrous.

shillito, with all due respect you have no clue about motor racing...no offence. kimi is a class act, and massa certainly did not alow his team mate to pass. i think it was about 20 laps to go, massa pitted and kimi stayed out for an extra 4 laps, of which he would have been lighter on fuel and he averaged 1.5 seconds i think, faster than any other part of the race, which enabled him to leapfrog massa into first place....massa did not pull over to the side of the track and allow him to pass.

lews, please don't try and get those extra points because 3 cars were no penalised for infringement of fuel usage. the race is done and dusted, kimi won fair and square. except it and take it like a man and look forward to the melbourne grand prix in march.

The responses from the F1 fans just back up my point.

''Yeah but he wasn't given preferential treatment..''

or ''dodgy fuel,''

''Spying.''

Joke of a sport. The best man in yesterdays race finished second, cos he let his mate win.

Apparently this happens often. How sh*te.

As opposed to football where it's all so transparent and any dodgy business is swiftly dealt with :rolleyes: Just don't watch F1 anymore mate, they'll only be back next spring anyway.

Archived