BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Actually i felt sorry for him yesterday. He'd had no service, Finland weren't good, he'd worked his socks off and had got absolutely no reward and then he has to come out and do the interview. It's his last chance to go to the World Cup ever and they ask him how he feels. The guy just told it like it is.

Actually i felt sorry for him yesterday. He'd had no service, Finland weren't good, he'd worked his socks off and had got absolutely no reward and then he has to come out and do the interview. It's his last chance to go to the World Cup ever and they ask him how he feels. The guy just told it like it is.

I'd go with that. Honest and accurate. Why tell porkies?

Never heard of graceful in defeat? You just make yourself look a tool when you're belittling a team that's just beaten you.

Everybody knows that Finland and Wales could not field a decent team between them. I think his main point was criticising both sets of players wasn't he? In truth he could have given that interview 90 minutes earlier.

Never heard of graceful in defeat? You just make yourself look a tool when you're belittling a team that's just beaten you.

No but I've heard of gracious in defeat! What's he supposed to say - they were better than us? Well in the sense that they scored and Wales didn't they were, but that was the only difference between the 2 teams. Finland were not good and that was what annoyed Bellamy. They were there to be beaten and the Welsh couldn't find anything to beat them with. Mind you the Welsh couldn't even manage to sing their own anthem on Saturday so perhaps it's not surprising that the team couldn't play. I know the stadium wasn't very full but I've heard a dozen guys in a bar make a better effort at singing than that.

No but I've heard of gracious in defeat!

Two weeks detention?

What's he supposed to say - they were better than us? Well in the sense that they scored and Wales didn't they were, but that was the only difference between the 2 teams. Finland were not good and that was what annoyed Bellamy. They were there to be beaten and the Welsh couldn't find anything to beat them with. Mind you the Welsh couldn't even manage to sing their own anthem on Saturday so perhaps it's not surprising that the team couldn't play. I know the stadium wasn't very full but I've heard a dozen guys in a bar make a better effort at singing than that.

Because it's unprofessional and stupid to come out and belittle the opposition when they've just beaten you. Sure, stick to your own misgivings, but to repeat "...they're not a good side" and "...he's (Johansson) not a good enough player to score" is arrogant nonsense.

Looks like Bellamy is just naffed off with everyone...

And Bellamy, never one to shy away from a cutting comment or two, has had a bit of a pop at the Wales fans.

"We haven't got the atmosphere," admits Bellamy.

"We aren't generating anything. What a nice place to come and play at the moment. Opposition teams must be very comfortable here.

"You come to a nice city, a very good stadium. No pressure. No atmosphere."

Archived