BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

4) Again fair comment but I can't help feeling we're shooting ourselves in the foot and are losing much of the impetus and goodwill derived from the price drops by being so passive in the market.

No one can burn the candle at both ends Simon. If we want a top club once the Walker safety net has gone then we will logically have to pay more than other club's supporters for the priviledge not less! And the lessons of history tell us that will never happen in this town will it? People around here want 'jam on it' with everything.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I thought it was going to be a posting along the lines of................what a far sighted perspective WH had had in signing such a talented striker for a mere £8,000,000 when many inferior players are going for even more.

I think Bellamy is really good value for £7.5-8 million.

If you look at our end of season DVD (05-06) and watch the section on his goals for us, it shows his true class.

Just think we have to accept that we are not a "big" enough club for the little twerp.

£8 million for a player who has attitude problems and will miss at least 1/4 of the season through injuries is still not great value for money. I'm glad that we didn't sign him and I think Hughes can pull off a better deal.

I think Bellamy is really good value for £7.5-8 million.

If you look at our end of season DVD (05-06) and watch the section on his goals for us, it shows his true class.

Just think we have to accept that we are not a "big" enough club for the little twerp.

I don't think West Ham are bigger than us though so that's what I'm upset about. :(

By all accounts, Bellamy was Hughes top transfer target this summer - obviously we did not get him. I am quite sure we would have offered Bellamy at least £60k in wages.

Fact is, in Bellamy's eyes, he does not see us as a big enough club.

I really wanted him to come back but it was not to be. It is time to move on.

Quandary for his agent though..... his personality means that he can never hack it at a big club but his ego won't allow him to flourish at a small one. And that could be his footballing epitaph unless WHU can prove to be both of those. :huh:

den, i have it on very good authority (source couldnt be better) that bellers will be returning.

so, you wont be disappointed.

Just wondering if your brother or 'couldn't be better source' had any information for us on why Craig Bellamy didn't return to Ewood Park ?

Was it down to the Rovers board not being willing to pay the transfer fee or was it down to Bellamy being keen on the 75 grand a week on offer at Upton Park ?

Whilst I'd like to have a player of Bellamy's talent at Ewood, I've always had concerns about him as a person. After all, we know that Bellamy is a liar, having falsely promised that there wasn't a clause in his Rovers contract. In addition to that, we have the testimony from a number of people within the game who paint a somewhat negative picture of Bellamy.

Alan Shearer said: "Has no one learned their lesson about signing him? If only Rafa Benitez had rung me, I would have told him exactly what he was like."

Terry McDermott said: "I've never come across so much hatred and unrest over one person. What I've learned about him has astonished me. I've experienced it from the inside and it's across the board. You cannot have any one player thinking he can run a football club. What Bellamy said in front of our new players about this club was shocking. I've also been told in detail about an incident with John Carver, one of our staff, which is well documented."

(Bellamy threw a chair at Carver at Newcastle airport).

Andy Townsend said: "From what I've been told about Bellamy, he's a pest, a nuisance and he's arrogant".

Steve Froggatt, a former Coventry team-mate of Bellamy, described Craig as "arrogant and obnoxious". Froggatt said: "I played with Craig when I was at Coventry in the 2000/01 season and he was certainly not liked in the dressing room. When he first turned up after signing from Norwich he came in holding a pair of gold boots and thought he was the business. The senior players took a real dislike to him."

Jan Molby said "Bellamy is a spoilt brat. I remember him as a 16-year-old at Norwich when I went on loan there. You could see he was a good player but even then he had a swagger, arrogance and disrespect for authority. At 16 that's something you'd have expected him to grow out of, instead it's something he has grown into."

Can all these people be wrong or is Bellamy really a little sweetie who helps old ladies across the road ?

(Link to quotes from Froggatt and Molby HERE)

Just wondering if your brother or 'couldn't be better source' had any information for us on why Craig Bellamy didn't return to Ewood Park ?

Was it down to the Rovers board not being willing to pay the transfer fee or was it down to Bellamy being keen on the 75 grand a week on offer at Upton Park ?

Whilst I'd like to have a player of Bellamy's talent at Ewood, I've always had concerns about him as a person. After all, we know that Bellamy is a liar, having falsely promised that there wasn't a clause in his Rovers contract. In addition to that, we have the testimony from a number of people within the game who paint a somewhat negative picture of Bellamy.

Alan Shearer said: "Has no one learned their lesson about signing him? If only Rafa Benitez had rung me, I would have told him exactly what he was like."

Terry McDermott said: "I've never come across so much hatred and unrest over one person. What I've learned about him has astonished me. I've experienced it from the inside and it's across the board. You cannot have any one player thinking he can run a football club. What Bellamy said in front of our new players about this club was shocking. I've also been told in detail about an incident with John Carver, one of our staff, which is well documented."

(Bellamy threw a chair at Carver at Newcastle airport).

Andy Townsend said: "From what I've been told about Bellamy, he's a pest, a nuisance and he's arrogant".

Steve Froggatt, a former Coventry team-mate of Bellamy, described Craig as "arrogant and obnoxious". Froggatt said: "I played with Craig when I was at Coventry in the 2000/01 season and he was certainly not liked in the dressing room. When he first turned up after signing from Norwich he came in holding a pair of gold boots and thought he was the business. The senior players took a real dislike to him."

Jan Molby said "Bellamy is a spoilt brat. I remember him as a 16-year-old at Norwich when I went on loan there. You could see he was a good player but even then he had a swagger, arrogance and disrespect for authority. At 16 that's something you'd have expected him to grow out of, instead it's something he has grown into."

Can all these people be wrong or is Bellamy really a little sweetie who helps old ladies across the road ?

(Link to quotes from Froggatt and Molby HERE)

If all that lot is true (and I am not saying it isn't), then it just goes to prove even more so what a cracking manager Rovers have got. But also if it's true it makes you wonder why MH would want him back; maybe he likes a challenge.

Nah, Fife. When Bellamy came to the Rovers, MH got him alone in a room.

A swift headbutt, a knee to the groin and a reminder "I'm the gaffer here, Craig"

He is a good player, but, a disruptive one.

The Whammers dressing room could be worth bugging in the coming season.

• 6 months later...

Out of interest does anyone know what Bellamy is up to these days. Since he buggered off to Liverpool and then Wham he doesn't seem to have kicked a ball. Is he injured or what? Seven starts for WHU this season.

It's hard to imagine Bellamy ever playing a full season.

Getting £6m for him and spending it on Benni and Santa was an absolute masterstroke from Hughes. Albeit not entirely intentional.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of interest does anyone know what Bellamy is up to these days.

Bellamy could be out for the rest of the season

When he's fit, Bellamy is a very talented player - though he can be an annoying gobby little brat at times. Craig's injury problems have effectively destroyed his season with West Ham so far. Just seven Premiership appearances isn't the kind of return that Alan Curbishley would have been hoping for when he signed him for £7.5m from Liverpool.

Meanwhile, French midfielder Julien Faubert, who has also had injury problems this season, has launched an attack on Alan Curbishley's training ground routines. Faubert, who was signed from Bordeaux for £6million last summer, said: "Since I've been here we have only done just two tactical training sessions. We rarely speak about tactics at training. We just play little games where players kick each other".

Bellamy could be out for the rest of the season

When he's fit, Bellamy is a very talented player - though he can be an annoying gobby little brat at times. Craig's injury problems have effectively destroyed his season with West Ham so far. Just seven Premiership appearances isn't the kind of return that Alan Curbishley would have been hoping for when he signed him for £7.5m from Liverpool.

Meanwhile, French midfielder Julien Faubert, who has also had injury problems this season, has launched an attack on Alan Curbishley's training ground routines. Faubert, who was signed from Bordeaux for £6million last summer, said: "Since I've been here we have only done just two tactical training sessions. We rarely speak about tactics at training. We just play little games where players kick each other".

No wonder it suits Lucas then....... :unsure:

Archived