BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend told me something interesting last night. Apparently there is a wage cap of sorts at West Ham and no player is being offered more than 55k a week. Magnusson has said as such to the official Hammers website. He also claims that Neill is only on 35k a week.

I'm not sure I believe that because they must have known they'd need to offer more than that to get Bent.

They offered Bent around 80k a week. Some strange salary cap going on there.

Lucas is reported to be earning between 50 - 60k per week.

Ball is now in Bellamys court, will he choose money or would he rather play in Europe and for the club he said 'he would only leave for his boyhood team'?

Rovers face fight for Bellamy- LT

Three little thoughts.

Bent rejected West Ham, Cisse has rejected West Ham, Bellamy will accept West Ham?

Nobody seems sure that West Ham and Liverpool have agreed a deal yet.

West Ham seem to be losing rather a lot of key players- Sherringham was useful, Harewood was a big lump but dangerous, Zamora going, Tevez may or may not have ever been there, Reo-Coker gone, are there others?....

Usually agents know the inside on these sorts of things

Nobody seems sure that West Ham and Liverpool have agreed a deal yet.

From all the reports, no deal has been agreed. Bellamy has been given permission to discuss terms with them but that's it. They are poles apart in any swap deal valuations and WHU are at least £1m short in any cash deal.

From all the reports, no deal has been agreed. Bellamy has been given permission to discuss terms with them but that's it. They are poles apart in any swap deal valuations and WHU are at least £1m short in any cash deal.

Even this seems a strange way of doing business as clubs normally arrange their deal before the selling club gives the player permission to negotiate terms.

Rumours of a combined deal worth in the region of £16m.

Not very clever on Wham's part. If Bellers injury problems rear their head again, as I suspect they will with regular playing combined with perhaps not so good a training regimen as Sparky's and Cisse keeps breaking his leg on long grass they could be short up front.

Rovers face fight for Bellamy- LT

Three little thoughts

Bent rejected West Ham, Cisse has rejected West Ham, Bellamy will accept West Ham?

Actually they are big thoughts philip, could it be that as professionals some of the players find what West Ham did and got away with distasteful to the point that they don't want to be associated with a club that cheats. Do modern footballers have those sort of morals. I don't think Bellers is coming but one thing that may be in our favour, didn't Bellers say something along the lines of he enjoyed his footy more at Rovers than anywhere else?

Also this whole situation has got me wondering about Rafa's whole agenda. Given how dangerous we were with Bellers did Benitez see us as a genuine threat to their CL spot? Did he spend the 6mil to protect that spot knowing down the road he could flog him at a profit. Mmm conspiracy theory there or what?

for the club he said 'he would only leave for his boyhood team'?

And the same team he said he had no "get out clause" with.

As for Bellamy wanting to play in Europe? we are not actually there yet.

Even this seems a strange way of doing business as clubs normally arrange their deal before the selling club gives the player permission to negotiate terms.

It is but there have been a few occasions when it has happened before, even with us. All it means is they save time when it comes down to getting the medical and personal terms done. So as soon as the fee is agreed the deal goes through and gives nobody else a chance to jump in.

I would have thought in a strange way the Tevez deal to Man Utd is similar, he sorted his personal terms out and then they arranged the loan deal, assuming it goes through.

I said exactly that last year. USA Blue.

Also this whole situation has got me wondering about Rafa's whole agenda. Given how dangerous we were with Bellers did Benitez see us as a genuine threat to their CL spot? Did he spend the 6mil to protect that spot knowing down the road he could flog him at a profit. Mmm conspiracy theory there or what?

Though to be honest not quite, simply that at £6m Bellers was cheap at the price and Benitez wanted to get him away from us. I believe Bellers was swayed by 'Pool being his 'childhood club' and would not have gone anywhere else at that time.

I may be behind here, but the Daily Mail are reporting he has signed for West Ham, but they have missed out on Cisse. A gud day all round for the hammers then.

You are behind. The Daily Mail seem to have counted their chickens a bit too early.

I may be behind here, but the Daily Mail are reporting he has signed for West Ham, but they have missed out on Cisse. A gud day all round for the hammers then.

State of Play

BBC Sport understands Bellamy met West Ham officials on Thursday and will agree a £70,000-a-week contract.

Liverpool and West Ham will now hold fresh negotiations about a fee after an initial £7m bid was turned down.

Daily Mail Article

However they are also reporting that man utd have signed tevez for £60m...... :blink:

Gone to West Ham according to the bloke on Sports Saturday, Benitez confirmed it apparently.

Silly silly man, it will all end in tears, and incarceration.

Not seeing it anywhere.

See Todd to Derby no Bellamy news yet, are the webites traditionally slow?

Bugger.

:angry:

Still there must be another signing or two in the 350k - 500k price range we can splash out on before the season starts.

:rolleyes:

As Nicko said in his thread Bellamy would cost something like £26m over the period of his contract. Good a player as he is we would have been crazy to try and match that.

As Nicko said in his thread Bellamy would cost something like £26m over the period of his contract. Good a player as he is we would have been crazy to try and match that.

EXACTLY! I would have loved the fella back, but that would be financial suicide.

Let's move on to the next target................. :brfc:

It's probably best he didn't come back. He would not have the same impact. We have moved on from him being the 'star'. Benni and him would have clashed. Has made the same choice as Lucash.

If someone if going to cost £8m plus and £72k per week you need a 50 games a season in return. I'm not sure Bellamy offers that.

I'm doing a great job of convincing myself missing out on Bellmay is a good thing :D

Archived