BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shearer is a nob as well though. A great player but a nob. He swanned around Geordieland at times as if he was bigger than the club, and the stories about him picking the Rovers team, if true of course, show him up. I suppose it was the fans of the deluded barcodes that elevated him to St. Alan of Gateshead, a man bigger than any manager, and therefore can never be dropped, but he didn't seem to dispell this mythology.

Yeh, he never won any trophies with the Magpies. I wonder if it's because of the nickname. :lol:

Wise words from Big Al .

Bellamy is an accident waiting to happen , similar to Barton . We had him for one short season , it went well and it was good business . Let's move on and not push our luck .

It does depend on what kind of accident it is though Phil and whether it can be managed. I agree that if he was here for any length of time at some point we'd have an incident. In fact we had one in the Welsh nightclub but that didnt affect his job or the club team spirit. However it is this streak in his personality that probably allows us to afford him. If he was a squeaky clean team player he'd probably have still been at Newcastle and costing a hell of a lot more. No-one can deny the lad has real quality. If Sparky thinks he can handle him and maximise his potential who are we to argue, especially after witnessing him do it for a season anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be good, but I don't think Bellers will come back, I feel he'd view it as a backward step now. Him coming would help keep Benni quiet and I am convinced it would help immensely with Benni's inability to stay onside. Not gonna happen, Bellers will want a "bigger" "more fashionable". West Ham would suit as apparently there are rules in place that they can only be relegated once in each decade.

Rafa Benitez told the media today that Peter Crouch would definitely be staying at Anfield, whereas he couldn't give any such assurances about Craig Bellamy's future.

"We have some clubs asking about Bellamy and it's a possibility [that he may leave]" said Benitez today, who was sporting a rather dodgy goatee beard. If Rafa starts wearing a cowboy hat and singing "YMCA", then I'll start to get worried about him....

121158.jpg

Link to Rafa's quotes here

Bellamy played the best football of his career with us.

If we go in for him, he would be stupid to turn us down. He would be under managment and staff who he knows well and who he knows can make him enjoy his football (mind you, he had an enjoyable time up at Celtic under O'Neil).

However, he initially put in a release clause for a reason, so what would he do this time? Put in a 'Hughes release clause' (i.e. if Hughes leaves he can go for a certain fee)?

Rafa Benitez told the media today that Peter Crouch would definitely be staying at Anfield, whereas he couldn't give any such assurances about Craig Bellamy's future.

"We have some clubs asking about Bellamy and it's a possibility [that he may leave]" said Benitez today, who was sporting a rather dodgy goatee beard. If Rafa starts wearing a cowboy hat and singing "YMCA", then I'll start to get worried about him....

:lol:

Benitez & Torres:

peterbenitez.jpg

:blink:

agree rev...would be awesome if sparky pulled that off too. just chatting with my pal we both reckon that if rovers do end up selling robbo, then that points the way to bellars coming back, because only if sparky was totally confident of getting another striker in, would he sanction the deal to go ahead.

Out of interest, how much would everyone be comfortable with us spending on Bellamy?

I think I could just about make my peace with £8m, any more than that and I'd be worried we were being mugged off.

Is it possible that Liverpool still owe us any installments from the deal that took Craig their way last Summer? Or was it cash up front?

Out of interest, how much would everyone be comfortable with us spending on Bellamy?

I think I could just about make my peace with £8m, any more than that and I'd be worried we were being mugged off.

Is it possible that Liverpool still owe us any installments from the deal that took Craig their way last Summer? Or was it cash up front?

£10m. If you have one, watch the season review DVD, remind yourself just how good he was (especially Boro at home).

Remember, he only came here in the first place cos he had a get out of jail for 6 million card, he's not likely to be back folks.

If we are talking numbers, I'd have no problem us shelling out 8-10 Million. I just totally loved the way we played with him in the side, for one season at least I always had the feeling when we moved forward that we could score. He changed the whole complexion of the team, the game, the opponents, everything. Very exciting stuff when he was here.

The way prices for players are going these days, i'd say no more than 10m for Bellamy, but i'd feel better if we managed to get him around the 7/8m mark.

However, i think its a cert that he wont be with us next season unfortunatly.

The serious charitable side to Craig Bellamy.

I reckon there are as many arguments for Bellars to go to West Ham as to Rovers. This one is right in the balance and Villa haven't made their anticipated move for him yet either.

I agree with USA Blue- Bellers was one of the most exciting players to watch we have had in our Premiership days. He could and did completely wreck opposing players with his change of pace, something hardly ever seen in his time at Liverpool.

I can see Bellamy going to Wham too. Unless he thinks long and hard and takes a good look at himself in the mirror. Bellamy learning to understand himself and what triggers his angry outbursts would go a long way to him putting that sort of stuff behind him.

The problem with him going to Wham is, to me, London and Bellamy would be like an open can of Petrol and a lit match, too many distractions and too many opportunites to get into trouble with the law again.

Considering that we don't need to bring in many players this summer as well as the hugely inflated prices that strikers have gone for, I'd be more than happy if we got Bellamy for anything loess than £12 million. He is well worth that fee. I'd like to see us spend less than that though considering that he has had a bit of a bad season at Liverpool and is not wanted by the club anymore.

It is kinda his decision, though. Unless he's deaf and blind he can't have not noticed that he's wanted back here, by the management anyway. If he rejects the rather large WHU offering he's gotta know that we'll get stuck in. If he WANTS to come back he can. I wonder will the wages boat remain pushed out, though, and if he does come back for increased wages, will others be looking for a boost?

Archived