BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Rovers, make Sparky's (and our) day and get Bellamy signed sealed and delivered before anyone else has time to react!

I musty highly second this quote!!! It would be great to get him back but would make us a VERY hard team to beat and would give the defence of any other team we play somthing to lose sleep over! :lol:

Personally i would love to see Bellamy back at Rovers but i just don't see it happening, He's the kind of character that doesn't like to get embarassed and it will be very embarassing for him to return as he thought he was moving onto bigger things. These things just don't happen anymore, forget about him.

What Bellamy needs now is a bit of stability. A huge footballing talent could be forever lost if Craig makes the wrong move this time, and, although I would say this wouldn't I his best option would be Blackburn Rovers.

A move to West Ham, not just for Craig but anyone whilst the current regime in place will always look poorly motivated (so to speak).

He needs to swallow his pride, realise he could be the superstar he obviously craves to be at Ewood and cement his place amongst the great Premiership strikers, which IMO he has the talent to be.

Unfortunately I don't see us being able to match a 70k salary. We would really have to make Benni the same offer or face problems between the two players. I'm pretty sure Benni wouldnt be too happy after scoring more goals than Bellamy managed and still being paid less.

I think he'll be a West Ham player soon unfortunately.

He held talks with Birmingham last time out and didn't go, all is not lost, if Hughes wants him we'll be in for him and then its in Bellamys hands and if he wants to sign for us he will.

Wages won't be a problem, we offered 60k a week last time out so 70k isn't going to break the bank, even if Benni fancies some of that also.

Keep the faith people.

We shouldnt pay 70k anyway. £60k is the limit we should offer.

If you want the best, and in my opinion he's the best striker we've had since Tony Diamond, you need to pay the going rate.

The club stands to make 40+ million this year alone, lets pay 70k.

On sky sports news it says Rafa benitez has confirmed west ham are interested in djbril cisse - surely west ham cant be going for both bellamy and cisse?!

Why not, they already said they will let Harwood go and Tevez has gone.

On sky sports news it says Rafa benitez has confirmed west ham are interested in djbril cisse - surely west ham cant be going for both bellamy and cisse?!

Rumours of a combined deal worth in the region of £16m.

Most of the morning papers have Bellamy going to Wham for £8-9m and £70k per week. Cisse is returning to France. Liverpool want to include Benayoun in the deal but WHU want to do both deals for cash, this is the only sticking point. Obviosuly biscuit sales have beeb good.

So we can forget that one.........Rovers were never going to match £70k a week, and quite rightly so IMV.

i am sure there are contingency plans incase we do not get bellars, but then again with toddy and jeffers off the books this weekend then it might be possible to get bellars in. but incase that does not happen, i am sure there will be another striker coming to rovers...the only question though is whom??

Archived