BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has made the same choice as Lucash.

was it even an active 'choice' per se? there have been no indications that we made him an offer too. perhaps sparky has just been given the 350k to spend this summer and had no funds to even make a bid?

TBH I aren’t to bother about losing out on Bellamy for several reason.

We still don’t know that his goal scoring record with us was an aberration that will never be repeated as evidence from ever other club indicates

The fee is large for a 28 year old that relies on his pace, although 28 is not old by any standard whose to say he may loose a lot of that pace as injuries catch up.

The wages are ridiculous

If your paying 8 mill + and 75k you want that asset on the field, to date when has Bellamy managed a full season or even played in ¾ of his clubs games

There are strikers available in the same transfer bracket who are IMO as good , younger ( so the is a possible profit to be made on re-sale) and will expect half the wages of Bellamy.

TBH I aren’t to bother about losing out on Bellamy for several reason.

We still don’t know that his goal scoring record with us was an aberration that will never be repeated as evidence from ever other club indicates

The fee is large for a 28 year old that relies on his pace, although 28 is not old by any standard whose to say he may loose a lot of that pace as injuries catch up.

The wages are ridiculous

If your paying 8 mill + and 75k you want that asset on the field, to date when has Bellamy managed a full season or even played in ¾ of his clubs games

There are strikers available in the same transfer bracket who are IMO as good , younger ( so the is a possible profit to be made on re-sale) and will expect half the wages of Bellamy.

Who Bazza?

Hughes said he was interested but did we ever make a concrete bid?....did we ever test the water?

We ###### around and missed the boat and personally I'm frustrated,a McCarthy/Bellamy strikeforce would have done wonders for the team and crowds.

So who else is available?.......PLEASE NOT PIE MAN MIDO! :(

Who Bazza?

Here are a few players in the 8-10 million with prem experience or high pedigree, im sure we could get at least 1 of them to come to rovers, however I believe we will go for a loan or a lesser known player

Dean ashton

Eidur Gudjohnson

Freddi Kanoute

Nicolas Anelka

Peter Crouch

Gianpaulo Pazzini (doubtful but hey why not)

Javier Saviola

Diego Miltio ( not sure if he is still on loan or not though?)

Rodrigo Palacio

Louis Saha

Roque santa cruz

personally i would try for jermain defoe,whilst there are no certain guarantees in life,at least rovers can more or less guarantee 1st team footy.in 32 games last season (half as sub) he scored 20 goals.he would also imo be a big name signing to satisfy the cravings of the rovers faithful and get us back into the top 6 maybe top 4 this season. :rover:

Talk of 75k a week is just ridiculous for Bellers, dont get me wrong I'd loved to have seen him back at Ewood but thats just silly money.

Who now for Rovers then? Defoe, Cisse, Nugent, Beattie the latter two aint high on my list but probably the only realistic targets, lets just hope Hughesy has pulled off another wonder signing in Rigters.

Talk of 75k a week is just ridiculous for Bellers, dont get me wrong I'd loved to have seen him back at Ewood but thats just silly money.

Who now for Rovers then? Defoe, Cisse, Nugent, Beattie the latter two aint high on my list but probably the only realistic targets, lets just hope Hughesy has pulled off another wonder signing in Rigters.

I feel quietly confident about that young man. He will need at least half a season to settle in to the Prem and the massive change of scene, but by next Feb or March I predict we will all be singing his praises. Well perhaps not ALL; that really would be too much to hope for.

Hughes said he was interested but did we ever make a concrete bid?....did we ever test the water?

We ###### around and missed the boat and personally I'm frustrated,a McCarthy/Bellamy strikeforce would have done wonders for the team and crowds.

So who else is available?.......PLEASE NOT PIE MAN MIDO! :(

Thats a bit negative. I am absolutely sure that Hughes will have made a bid and talked to craig. But ultimately he has toworry about value for money. Rovers don't have a daft biscuit billionaire backing them.

DOn't doubt Sparky.

Personally, whilst I wouldn't want him to be the big summer signing, Mido would do very well for us. He would be lethal on the end of Bentley's and Pedersen's crosses. His attitude is poor but I am sure hughes would sort him out.

Mido and McCarthy would work together well as wellI reckon.

If we signed Mido we would be up **** creek come January when him and Benni would be on African Nations duty and i wouldn't fancy being left with just Roberts, Matty & Rigters to lead the line albeit that would be the situation if Benni were to leave or get a long term injury.

I'm hoping Bellamy has had second thoughts and that we have tabled a bid to Liverpool and then to the player about coming back here. Then again Bellers is a footballer and 75k a week is silly money so as he has no real affinity to Rovers, i wouldn't blame him for signing for WHU.

After all this Bellamy talk i don't even think he was a target

He was a player we were interested in having however, as has been mentioned, not at any price. Hughes would have known the exact situation long before now i'd guess and would have made a judgement call on how high up on his target list to make him. A talented player but there are plenty more out there waiting for a chance to play in blue and white.

for us who are frustrated, i suspect that is not because we feel that hughes/sparky did not try for bellamy. rather (or at least in my case), i am frustrated that it appears that we did not have sufficient funds to do that. the party with which we are upset is the board, not hughes, not williams, both of whom have admitted to an interest in bellamy. i fear that despite the 'windfall' from tv money, we will still not have much to spend. at this point, i wouldnt be surprised if all we go on to spend is the combined income from the jeffers and todd deals.

If we signed Mido we would be up **** creek come January when him and Benni would be on African Nations duty

What makes you think that Benni will be at the African Nations. Sure he may be called up but its not like him to turn up for them is it. Although as its a well televised event the self proclaimed best player in the world may deem to grace them with his presence :ph34r:

Really really wish we could stop all this Mido nonsense.

Me too, he had his chance to play for Rovers and turned us down. I would not want to see him at EP on anything other than a free transfer. As for Bellamy? His signing would have excited me but at £8m and £75k a week there were too many question marks. I'm sure the board would have backed Sparky if he had asked them too.

The bottom line is Bellamy screwed up by signing for Liverpool in the first place, now WHU is his last throw of the dice - look at the players leaving and those who have refused to sign. From a footballing view CB should have stayed at Ewood, he had that chance and blew it.

Like Fife I have a sneaking feeling about this Rigters chap. The board have always backed managers in the past, no reason to suggest they won't this season. To an extent I'm rather pleased to see we haven't joined the lemming-like rush to throw all our TV money over a cliff. What is it about footie fans that equates spending millions with success? All that has happened so far is a few players have moved around for stupid money, the teams we compete with have not suddenly become world beaters. For Rovers to progress we don't necessarily need mega-million £££ signings ~ we do need to start beating the bottom three, home and away, that will make more difference than signing Craig Bellamy or any other over-priced, over-paid striker.

Archived