BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafa speaks with a forked tongue and his english is often misunderstood.

Bellamy has agreed a package on offer by wham thats all folloiwng a fee being agreed. Like I said earlier, Bellamy will have other options he is that type of player that can set a team alight. I still believe Rovers have a chance if they want him.

Bellamy has agreed a package on offer by wham thats all folloiwng a fee being agreed. Like I said earlier, Bellamy will have other options he is that type of player that can set a team alight. I still believe Rovers have a chance if they want him.

Like i said earlier if Sparky wanted him he would've gone in for him earlier, i think its just a bit too late now. Lets move on.

Why not read what's been posted? Bellamy has already agreed personal terms so obviously he's not going to sign for anyone else. Stop believing.

About what exactly ?

I dont recall saying that Rovers were gonna sign him, I simply said that he would have other options !

I am not particluar bothered if Bellamy doesnt come back to Ewood as I am sure that MH will get us another diamond if he needs to.

All in Bellamy is costing £7.5 million + £19.5 million in wages and will probably be entitled to a loyalty bonus at the end + bonuses throughout – so easily the deal will top £30 million!! That for a 28 year old Striker with a dodgy hamstring & dodgy temperament is crazy and we did the right thing by not attempting to sign him.

I prefer Hughes & JW to look at younger talent who are actually going to improve & increase in value – ala Bentley, Pedersen, Samba, Derbyshire, Rigters (Hopefully) etc.

Bellamy comments about the transfer to west ham, taken from skysports.com

"I had a great experience at Liverpool and I believe West Ham will benefit this year, because I know I am a better player for it," Bellamy told the club's official website.

"I've signed a five-year contract here and I will be here for the long-term.

"I've moved around a bit in recent years and now I want to settle."

now, where have I heard this before? I wonder... :rolleyes: this is Bellamy saying: "I'm here for a year, and then I'm off somewhere else. I got a release clause saying that I can leave for next to nothing if a club that ends up higher on the table than west ham comes in for me."

feel free to get injured anytime bellamy :P

Looks like West Ham simply chucked another £5m on the deal and said sign now or....

West Ham are being incredibly cynical- they are mortgaging the future by paying wages 40% up on the current goinbg rate reflecting the %age increase in media money. I guess they reckon wages are going there anyway so are using being first to their advantage.

Relatively little is going on transfer fees per se when you reckon Upson, Neill, Parker, the French guy and Bellamy arrived for a total of under £25m. Their wage contracts probably come to £100m over 5 years ex bonuses etc.

All in Bellamy is costing £7.5 million + £19.5 million in wages and will probably be entitled to a loyalty bonus at the end + bonuses throughout – so easily the deal will top £30 million!! That for a 28 year old Striker with a dodgy hamstring & dodgy temperament is crazy and we did the right thing by not attempting to sign him.

I prefer Hughes & JW to look at younger talent who are actually going to improve & increase in value – ala Bentley, Pedersen, Samba, Derbyshire, Rigters (Hopefully) etc.

I wouldn't say he has a dodgy temperament, is that not a charastic that the Welsh carry??

:wstu:

Na, in all seriousness I don't think his temperament is a huge problem, but maybe his ego. However if you had a strong discipilinarian in, such as Hughes then you should be safe enough. Outrageous money, but I hope he does well enough as he provided us with a superb service. However, I would love it if Wesh Ham fell flat on their face!!

Really hope this move is a disaster. Hope Bellamy's hamstring holds up ok as well!

"But I needed to look beyond that, in the same way that Lucas Neill did when he came here.

"I understood Lucas's position. If he'd joined Liverpool, he would have been a squad player, like I was.

Maybe because neither of you are good enough to play regularly for a top side??

i think gettin the best out of him will be the hard part for him, and managing the spats.

I think the challenge will be him staying out of trouble OFF the field. I can picture scenarios of him clubbing it and fans of some of the other London clubs winding him up.

I think the challenge will be him staying out of trouble OFF the field. I can picture scenarios of him clubbing it and fans of some of the other London clubs winding him up.

good bit of business by liverpool making 1.5 mil on a player like bellamy considering his performances last season, bet they are glad west ham currently have more money than sense.

good bit of business by liverpool making 1.5 mil on a player like bellamy considering his performances last season, bet they are glad west ham currently have more money than sense.

The fact that Liverpool have turned a profit on Bellamy proves how twisted the current state of affairs is.

Greetings all.

I'm glad we haven't resigned him. Kind of an ex-girlfriend scenario really. She's been around the block, gone a bit loopy and let herself go a bit, to the extent that no-one wants to touch her with a barge-pole. You take her onboard, show her a good time, smarten her up a bit and make her look respectable while out in public. You get her drinking, violence and text messaging under control and things are looking up. She then decides that some bigger, richer, better looking guy that she used to fancy when she was at school is a better option. You don't want the old slapper to go, but she's off before you can thanks very much! You tried to tell her that he will just use her for the occassional jump, as he's always got plenty of women on the go at once.

She doesn't have any of it and is off with Mr. Right. A few months pass, he hardly takes her out and she gets ###### off. He takes her on holiday and she wacks one of his ginger birds with her "golf club". Ends up looking like an old scrubber again and surprise, surprise she's surplus to his requirements and he brings a much better looking, fit bodied, blonde Spaniard in who isn't a Welsh nutter with emotional problems and a million free text messages a month.

So, the old scubber tries to put on a brave face, but regrets her stupid decision making process as she ends up back with an old Aussie chick that she used to work with in a dodgy set-up in East London. She's a bit of an upstart too, ideas above her station and the liability to break legs and assault people because her timing is a bit out.

Thanks for our brief fling, but let's not dwell on what could have been. It probably wouldn't have worked a second time. Lightning striking twice and all that

Just pray to God we don't sign Santa Claus, or whatever his name is for 8 million. We don't have a good track record doing things like that.

Enjoy the season, I'll catch what I can over here in this god-forsaken Man U / Park Ji Sung hero worship land.

Archived