BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more about we're looking to sign someone because so far there have been no real news items linking us to anyone so people are just looking for something. Our players are back in a month's time so we'd like to see something happening.

Am I the only one on here who's bored rigid with this ? Talented player yes, but all this cap wringing, wondering if stumpy will grace our little club.

He's overpriced, he f*****d off to a big club as soon as he got the chance and he prone to injury. Most of the club's limited coffers dumped on him and he does his hamstring. At Newcastle he knew he could wind everybody up 'cause it would be a bugger trying to strangle him.

Wouldn't it be wiser to trust in Hughes and his scouts ? Seems to have done pretty well so far. Who had heard of Samba till he banged his head walking under Darwen street bridge on his way to the ground ?

Out of curiosity, what has Bellamy's injury record been like this season? Benni's has been extremely good. He has been very reliable in that respect, which Bellamy was not.

In my mind, Bellamy is definitely the better player, but who would be more valuable to us?

Bellamy and McCarthy up front together really would be great to see. With Beattie and Derbyshire on the bench we could have a really good strike force.

Wouldn't it be wiser to trust in Hughes and his scouts ? Seems to have done pretty well so far. Who had heard of Samba till he banged his head walking under Darwen street bridge on his way to the ground ?

20 + goal a season strikers are far harder to come by though.

Guest shoppybrfc

It'd certainly be interesting if Bellamy would dare rant at Benni if he misplaced a pass to him. Would they both clash, they're both very strong personalities.

I hope we don't sign Bellamy or Beattie (has he actually played in the last 3 years?), keep Benni and Hughes gets the funds to sign some no name striker from Paraguay he suddenly bangs in 20 next year

No surprise really : Liverpool know Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, etc have new owners with vast amounts of money to spend. Unless Bellamy has some overwhelming desire to return to Rovers (which I doubt), he will be joining one of the nouveau riche clubs on a vast salary this summer.

I'm sad to say I agree with you Jim but they still have some cheek them Scousers.....ROVERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE REGARDING FUTURE 'CLAUSES' IN PLAYER CONTRACTS,YOU GET NOWHERE BEING MR NICE CLUB IN THIS LEAGUE! <_<

I'm sad to say I agree with you Jim but they still have some cheek them Scousers.....ROVERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE REGARDING FUTURE 'CLAUSES' IN PLAYER CONTRACTS,YOU GET NOWHERE BEING MR NICE CLUB IN THIS LEAGUE! <_<

But having the clause was probably the only way we got Bellamy in the first place...

All football clubs grant clauses as a last resort.

For Rovers, putting £17m into Duff's contract could have avoided seriously risking losing him two two years earlier for a smaller sum. And the Bellamy clause was probably the difference between Bellamy coming and not coming.

I doubt anyone who has negotiated a recent transfer with Rovers consider the club to be a soft touch.

• 3 weeks later...
1. Publicising that Hughes giving Williams a 'shopping list' including Bellamy and Koumas is primarily nothing more than a tactic to boost ST sales imo.

I doubt it... Koumas certainly wouldn't convince me to buy a ticket, not when I could watch Bentley and Pedersen on the wings instead. JW is usually a better businessman than that so I'm guessing its more likely filtered tabloid news.

Good on Alan Shearer- all round reassuring news:

- Newcastle are as full of rifts as ever

- Anyone wanting a character reference before splashing £8m+ on Bellars not only knows where to ring but has the answer already!

- Hard drinking in ex-footballers is not dead

Just a pity Rafa didn't ring England's greatest last summer.

Shearer is a nob as well though. A great player but a nob. He swanned around Geordieland at times as if he was bigger than the club, and the stories about him picking the Rovers team, if true of course, show him up. I suppose it was the fans of the deluded barcodes that elevated him to St. Alan of Gateshead, a man bigger than any manager, and therefore can never be dropped, but he didn't seem to dispell this mythology.

Archived