BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox 360 V Ps3

personally i have always had a playstation, but all my mates decided on an xbox so it wouldn't make as much sense to get a ps3. i'm sure other people have it the other way round.

however, in the summer pc and xbox gamers will be able to play each other online. that is worth the charge for xbox live in my opinion :rover:

personally i have always had a playstation, but all my mates decided on an xbox so it wouldn't make as much sense to get a ps3. i'm sure other people have it the other way round.

however, in the summer pc and xbox gamers will be able to play each other online. that is worth the charge for xbox live in my opinion :rover:

You really want to play shooters against PC users who have the accuracy and speed of mouse / keyboard controls?

You really want to play shooters against PC users who have the accuracy and speed of mouse / keyboard controls?

I dont want to play them against bloody Xbox or PS3 users.

They might show off all the power of your console/PC, but at the end of the day they are all just next gen versions of Wolfenstein 3D.

I dont think theres much doubt that the PS3 is technically a better specced machine, but is currently let down by its software (ie no games, and a less intuitive system).

I cant see either console getting that many 3rd party exclusives due to the sheer development costs of a decent game nowadays.

you're going to get creamed as soon as you gon online with these people! :lol:

Thats true. I used to play medal of honor on the pc and you could choose just to watch someone else. I did a couple of times and couldn't believe how quick they were. Some could take out about 5 guys all around them before getting shot.

doubt it :rover:

I can do things on the PC version of Unreal Tournament using a mouse that I could only dream of doing on a PS2.

If your playing anyone good with mouse / keyboard controls you'll get minced.

Good luck though !

The PS3 is more pricey but you get what you pay for. The blue ray discs used by the ps3 hold around 40 gig of data, much better than the xbox disks. This allows for bigger and better games with superior graphics. People say that the gaming performance is identical, remember however the Xbox has been out over a year and developers will soon be gettin the maximum performance out of the machine. The ps3 on the other hand is a new item and takes time for developers to realise the consoles limits. A year down the line i think we will see a large difference in game quality.

Also Blue ray dvd player prices are often over £500 and touch a grand in some cases. The ps3 offers high quality blue ray dvd playing ability along with a sophisticated games console for less than the price of a single dvd player. And the price will continue to fall.

Im not a fan boy or owt, just look at the specs and make your own mind up. Remember you get what you pay for.

I can do things on the PC version of Unreal Tournament using a mouse that I could only dream of doing on a PS2.

If your playing anyone good with mouse / keyboard controls you'll get minced.

Good luck though !

Alternatively i could plug a usb keyboard and mouse into my xbox anyway <_<

mouse is plug and play. keyboard maybe. i doubt it would be that hard though. of course i am still waiting for my xbox to return from prague after the ring of death :angry:

Wasn't saying it was hard. Just questioning wether programmers would bother their arse or not even putting it in.

Right, I've got a new tv that can now use both the hdmi and the component cable; as I've only ever used the hdmi port before I was wondering if either of them actually produces a better quality of picture?

The other option is the pc/dtv port thing, which I have also used in the past and that had a nice image quality.

Right, I've got a new tv that can now use both the hdmi and the component cable; as I've only ever used the hdmi port before I was wondering if either of them actually produces a better quality of picture?

The other option is the pc/dtv port thing, which I have also used in the past and that had a nice image quality.

Technically HDMI "should" be the better picture as it is digital. If the PC port is DVI then that would be the same. If it is a VGA port then that and the component connections are both Analogue.

Unless you have a ridiculous sized screen (over 50") I doubt you will notice any difference on any port.

The HDMI port has the advantage that it carries audio as well so you don't need extra cables plus it has the HD encryption protocols so is future proof.

I personally have too many HD sources for my TV (and I only have 1 HDMI socket) so I have the HD Satellite box on HDMI, XBOX1 on Component and XBOX 360 on VGA.

• 1 month later...

Archived