BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Too Posh To Sing ?

Glenn

I did chuckle when he managed to drown out the chant of "Hughesy, give us a wave". Does he not realise that drummiing over voices just drowns them out.

Songs such as "Mark Hughes' Blue and White army" are fine for the drum. He's just replaced what down the years was fans clapping. However any song that never used to involve any claps shouldn't need any drums.

If we do have to persist with a drummer can we not get that gorilla off the cadburys advert. At least he's amusing.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAND ON HEART CLETUS ,I HAVE NOT HEARD A SONG FROM THE RIVERSIDE FOR MANY SEASONS...FAIR DOES WHEN BARMY ARMY OR BLUE AND WHITE ARMY ,YOU CAN SEE PEOPLE CLAPPING AND SINGING BUT IVE NEVER HEARD ANY OTHER SONG COME FROM THERE...ooops just seen caps not shouting just working in caps in a thing from work

Whilst i'm not a fan of the drummer, I think its a cop-out to blame him totally for the poor atmosphere on the Blackburn End. All the chants seem to be identi-kit rubbish with little or no originality - for example the Benni McCarthy chant has been used for about three or four players in the current squad. It would be great to hear "lets all do the Samba" get a good airing!

there are loads of chants ray but every time one starts um bloody bongo starts banging something out of tune..yesterday was pathetic by him every chant was ruined in the end we sat down and didnt even bother..we gave up ..let the drummer drum and let the atnosphere completly die.

Fair point Abbey - I think then the fairest way would be for the Club to do without the drummer(s) for a couple of games and see what happens......I won't hold my breath though.

Got to agree, the drummer(s) was embarrassing yesterday, its been ok so far this season but went back to the bad-old days of drum solos and drowning out songs.

Someone needs to tell them to only join in with songs, not try to get some wierd clapping things going.

Archived