SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Too Posh To Sing ?

Glenn

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fernhurstblue

last night was the perfect example of how the blackburn end should be ..... the example was in the jw stand side of the darwen end :lol:

Would be great, but having said that I thought the atmosphere from Rovers fans last night was fantastic for most of the game.

It was completely @#/?. I could barely muster a dozen lads singing for most of the second half.

last night was the perfect example of how the blackburn end should be ..... the example was in the jw stand side of the darwen end :lol:

Absolutely

The Larissa fans can certainly teach us a thing or two about getting behind the team. I came away from the ground with their singing still ringing in my ears.

i dunno why it only happens for certain games, but then for alot of teams it happens for every game, certain games that ive been to have been amazing, i think it should be unreserved seating or people should be aloud to stand and not with the aftermath of a steward threatening to throw them out!

i think everyone should know that there willbe singing and standing, go sit somewhere else if u dont like it ??

it just annoys me when there was a gig playing of his dads phone i was shocked, just why come ?? whats the point?

but its been alot more rocking than last year so up the singing at ewood !!!

P.s we hate burnley

Watched a Dortmund game on Setanta this morning.....a great atnosphere generated by a huge "safe" terrace behind the goal.

It`s simple really.

just when you thought it was one drum low and behold they multilplied again.......

WILL THE DRUMMERS EVER REALISE HOW EMBARASSING THEY LOOK WHEN THEY STAND AND BANG BEHIND THE GOALIE...COCKS

WILL THE DRUMMERS NOT JOIN IN THE CHANTS BECAUSE TODAY THEY KILLED "EVERY" CHANT WE TRIED TO START

WTF WAS THAT JUNGLE DRUMMING THING THEY WAS DOING IT WAS AWFUL .

WE GAVE UP IN THE END THE DRUMMERS WIN STUFF IT....LET THE DRUMMERS DRUM AND WE WONT SING NO MORE

Guest fernhurstblue
just when you thought it was one drum low and behold they multilplied again.......

WILL THE DRUMMERS EVER REALISE HOW EMBARASSING THEY LOOK WHEN THEY STAND AND BANG BEHIND THE GOALIE...COCKS

WILL THE DRUMMERS NOT JOIN IN THE CHANTS BECAUSE TODAY THEY KILLED "EVERY" CHANT WE TRIED TO START

WE GAVE UP IN THE END THE DRUMMERS WIN STUFF IT....LET THE DRUMMERS DRUM AND WE WONT SING NO MORE

if people feel that strongly about it, get a chant going "ban the drum" to the tune of "em-er-ton" ..... or get some official petition to present to the club?

Fancy coming to a fans forum and bringing it up Abs ?

Theres one coming up very soon.

The drummer never normally bothers me, but today he did my head in. I sort of understand when he joins in with 'Mark Hughes' blue and white army' or any existing songs, but for periods of the first half he was just banging the thing to no tune anyone else seemed to be aware of! And until he stops these little solo efforts, nobody else can get a proper song going.

Also if we HAVE to have a drummer, can't we just have one..we don't need more than one!

The Larissa following last Thursday was the best away support I've ever seen at Ewood, no question.

At one point from my view from the Riverside, it looked like it was a terrace again; particularly impressed by the leftside - rightside split chanting. They got behind their team and were certainly loud and active in their backing. Did any steward or H&S official try to intervene?

I hope those 1800 or so Greeks ( more than the Swiss, French and Germans of last season put together) and their team take full advantage of their UEFA cup progress.

:rover:

Did any steward or H&S official try to intervene?

Oh did they ever. A few even got ejected. Funnily enough, H&S weren't actually too bothered, but I know the big boss stewards were. The greeks were actually quite friendly but passionate - something not found in huge numbers at Ewood very often unfortunately.

I felt sorry for the stewards being bossed into a situation that wasn't as volatile as it looked - a shame because by all accounts Mr Big Steward threatened to sort it out himself but didn't. I have to question the decision to open the Darwen End Lower opposite Larissa fans to Rovers fans as the rest of the ground was hardly full, and it merely invited some of Shadsworth's finest to make a beeline to sit as close to the Greeks as possible to antagonise them. That is where the stewarding should have been concentrated...

facebook group....shoot the drummer set up

I must agree with Abbey.. yesterday the drummers absolutely drove me mad. At one point they were banging a tune out that no one had a clue about. People around me where asking what it was meant to be. I sit there cringing in my seat for them sometimes.

Another thing that annoys me is when they do bang the drum the Blackburn End is completely out of sink with each other. We are desperate for some new songs. I know it's the same old story but if the atmosphere was better maybe we would definetly attract/keep fans.

I've never been a fan of the whole drum thing.. but then again I hate to say it but would we sing as much if it wasn't there? If you notice they might be rubbish at it and out of sink but the majority of time make the crowd sing, If only for one verse.

I took a friend of mine to her first football match Away to Newcastle last season, she thought it was brilliant. I was surprised as the home side didn't have much of a voice for once. I was even more shocked as she doesn't like football but seemed to really get into it and said she'd definitely go again.

At last 'A friend of mine, who likes football,' I was rubbing my hands at the thought of her warming to the idea.

Then........ I took her to her first home game against MYPA (it was last minute decision).. the atmosphere was hardly thriving throughout the game. For those of you who went you can imagine she vowed never to go again and even turned down me paying for her to go to Chelsea! :blink:

Yesterday the Drummer(s) should been evicted from the ground as a nuisance.

Up untill yesterday the single drummer has somewhat controlled his enthusiasm. I say he need to start taking the pills again and lose his mate.

Archived