BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Too Posh To Sing ?

Glenn

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did it say Ribblesdale, I'm getting the error saying I don't have access / privelidges because I'm not enrolling on their website!

Ta

I went to Ewood Park this afternoon to watch Blackburn and man City, Fantastic match, Blackburn could have scored 6. Anyway it's seems to be a long held belief among North End Fans that there is no atmosphere at Ewood Park and that Deepdale offers a better atmosphere!!

Well i have to say the atmosphere inside the ground today was electric. It helped having about 5,000 City fans but the much maligned Blackburn crowd get behind their team far better than we do at Deepdale. I suppose they have more to cheer about, but for me the main reason is that all their "singing" support are in the one stand behind the goal and when they get going they make one hell of a noise. At deepdale the Town End / Shankley split to my mind lessens the noise.

No doubt i'll be told to F off back to Ewood Park for daring to praise our rivals, but so be it

Tiz true! The Riverside was rocking yesterday! :tu: Even more-so than the Arsenal game!

Did anyone notice the copper with the camera filming the Riversiders near the Darwen End? Big Brother was certainly watching us yesterday :unsure:

Even the BBE started to get behind the team near the end! ;)

Tiz true! The Riverside was rocking yesterday! :tu: Even more-so than the Arsenal game!

Yup. Hats off to you lot!

Did anyone notice the copper with the camera filming the Riversiders near the Darwen End? Big Brother was certainly watching us yesterday :unsure:

I also noticed a couple of CCTV cameras attached to the bottom of the gantry under the JW roof. Dunno if they're always there or brought in specially for the nasty Mancs this game.

Another great game and another great atmosphere! Went flat at the start of the 2nd half a little bit, but as soon as Tugay was sent off, we had to become the 11th man! Its great that we now have 2 areas that are really prepared to get behind the team in the riverside and bbe lower! Hopefully we can keep it up, a pompey will be a test as it will be the first game against a team where it aint a derby/big 4!

:brfc:

Anyone got a favourite chant? Mine HAS to be the one where we had a free-kick lined up in the first half and we're doing that clapping thing! Citeh must've been pappin their pants, waiting to be served up by us as Citeh Soup.

That sounded really awful. What's intimidating about clapping? Might as well have been the effing Tory Party Conference.

IDS! IDS! IDS!

Ok, I've not responded to this thread partly becuase I've been busy elsewhere for the last couple of weeks and partly becuase I was so annoyed about the whole thing.

I turned up early, pub was closed. Tried to call a few people involved, only one answered and he wasn't sure if he could still make it. Bloke who is leading this wasn't answering. Hung around around closed pub until advertised start time and was found by MCMC and Blakey, still no word from the bloke who organised it. As standing outside a closed pub is dull, we went to the Fox and Hounds, where a fourth member on here joined us, we talked through some ideas and enjoyed a couple of beers.

As of yet, I'm still waiting to here from the bloke that organised it.

As for the flags thing, the club have been very helpful on this one, but the unsold hoardings I wanted to use have been sold (just no boards arrived for them). The club has offered to let us lay out flags on the Darwen Ends seats, but frankly I've never liked that. If somebody does want to organise something regarding this with the club, then let me know and I'll pass you the details of who you need to speak to.

Ok, I've not responded to this thread partly becuase I've been busy elsewhere for the last couple of weeks and partly becuase I was so annoyed about the whole thing.

I turned up early, pub was closed. Tried to call a few people involved, only one answered and he wasn't sure if he could still make it. Bloke who is leading this wasn't answering. Hung around around closed pub until advertised start time and was found by MCMC and Blakey, still no word from the bloke who organised it. As standing outside a closed pub is dull, we went to the Fox and Hounds, where a fourth member on here joined us, we talked through some ideas and enjoyed a couple of beers.

As for the flags thing, the club have been very helpful on this one, but the unsold hoardings I wanted to use have been sold (just no boards arrived for them). The club has offered to let us lay out flags on the Darwen Ends seats, but frankly I've never liked that. If somebody does want to organise something regarding this with the club, then let me know and I'll pass you the details of who you need to speak to.

Sorry mate but it reminds me of the BRISA affair.

Don't bother asking for any cash donations re membership this time.

Guest fernhurstblue
Sorry mate but it reminds me of the BRISA affair.

Don't bother asking for any cash donations re membership this time.

god, someone just give him his fiver back then he might, just might, stop having a 'dig' at every opportunity ..... people thought they could make a difference, they couldnt through that channel, but seem to through the FF ..... get over it!

Guest fernhurstblue

it was a good idea glenn, i just cant see a way around it, obviously the club dont want to lose revenue from the advertising boards and the idea of the seats is just typical of the club so until a suitable alternative comes along (is there one) i think its just best left on the back burner :huh:

Not particularly fair, SAR. A lot of people spent a lot of time and effort on BRISA. Hardly their fault that others are too lazy/busy/can't be bothered to lend a hand with the running of the thing. It's a credit to everyone concerned that it got as far as it did. At least, AS FB says, the Fans Forum is on a more structured footing.

Paul will know more, but the cash is still there hardly touched ready to be put to a reasonable use if thats ever required.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing, but at that stage we maybe we shouldnt have asked for any cash originally. Still it gives people an excuse to snipe, despite as FB has said that a lot of people gave up a lot of time to try and make the thing work.

P.S back on topic the bloke who organised it turned up the week later when nobody did, and sent me a snotty email. I assume that I was the one who answered, but was still on the way home from work at the time.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 10 2007, 17:02 ) 545692[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Paul will know more, but the cash is still there hardly touched ready to be put to a reasonable use if thats ever required.

.....err no he doesn't know more. The money side was never to do with me though I do recall a lot of toing and froing with people not signing forms when asked to.

Archived