BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Too Posh To Sing ?

Glenn

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if this is true, but i've heard that every single seat in the BBE Lower has been sold to Season Ticket Holders, it's been packed in the last 2 league games, even near the corner flags.

It hasn't been packed the last two games. From the JW you can clearly see the empty seats. It's been very good, but not packed to sold out.

It would be wonderful to sell out an area of the ground to ST holders and start to create a slight nervousness about getting a match ticket.

god, someone just give him his fiver back then he might, just might, stop having a 'dig' at every opportunity ..... people thought they could make a difference, they couldnt through that channel, but seem to through the FF ..... get over it!

Nah just donate it to this website.

Perhaps a formal acknowledgement at the time that BRISA had wound up/ceased would have been welcome.

Fair comment from yourself and Roversmum re the FF though.

Guest fernhurstblue
Nah just donate it to this website.

Perhaps a formal acknowledgement at the time that BRISA had wound up/ceased would have been welcome.

Fair comment from yourself and Roversmum re the FF though.

good point

It hasn't been wound up so nothing could be said / done. I agree it may as well be wound up but nothing formal has been done.

There wasnt a given point Donald. Many people showed an interest in attempting to get something of the ground, we managed to do so after about 12 months hard slog, we hoped other people would step into the breach to help with some of the work we were trying to do.

Then some of us couldn't contribute enough meaningfully to keep it running, so the group of approx 14 or 15 who started it slowly dwindled to a point where there were perhaps 4 people trying to keep it running (from speaking to people over it).

There wasn't or hasnt been a definite "it doesn't exist anymore" Certainly not to my knowledge.

Guest fernhurstblue
There wasnt a given point Donald. Many people showed an interest in attempting to get something of the ground, we managed to do so after about 12 months hard slog, we hoped other people would step into the breach to help with some of the work we were trying to do.

Then some of us couldn't contribute enough meaningfully to keep it running, so the group of approx 14 or 15 who started it slowly dwindled to a point where there were perhaps 4 people trying to keep it running (from speaking to people over it).

There wasn't or hasnt been a definite "it doesn't exist anymore" Certainly not to my knowledge.

to say that is does exist is a mere technicality (sp) ..... no website update, no meetings, no newsletter ..... just put it to bed :rover:

Sorry mate but it reminds me of the BRISA affair.

Don't bother asking for any cash donations re membership this time.

Simpy entering the words "Fans Forum" or "BRISA" + your username into the search function reveals a series of posts going back over two years about both organisations.

Everything you have said about the FF and BRISA is negative and critical - here's a typical example from November 16th 2005 (and could have chosen any of about 50 posts) -

It's time the FF was disbanded too.

It's secretive, unelectable and doesn't seem to represent the masses.

Now you're having a go at a few folk trying to organise an informal get together over a pint just to talk through ideas to improve the atmosphere at Ewood!!

BRISA actually managed to achieve something you were whining about in 2005 (publishing FF minutes - it's all there in your post history) and still you haven't got a good word to say.

There is little doubt also that the input of local Rovers fans views - through whatever forum - influenced the new ST pricing which is doing so much to pick things up at Ewood Park on match days.

That alone means that the people who put so much time and positive energy into the FF / BRISA / Ewood Blues / whatever - people who actually feed useful information and ideas into the club - deserve some praise and some thanks.

They don't deserve incessant sniping from the other side of the globe - not just the odd jibe over a few months, but stretching into years. It's appears obsessive.

That says far more about you than them to be honest, and it doesn't help Rovers or Rovers fans one little bit.

Simpy entering the words "Fans Forum" or "BRISA" + your username into the search function reveals a series of posts going back over two years about both organisations.

Everything you have said about the FF and BRISA is negative and critical - here's a typical example from November 16th 2005 (and could have chosen any of about 50 posts) -

Now you're having a go at a few folk trying to organise an informal get together over a pint just to talk through ideas to improve the atmosphere at Ewood!!

BRISA actually managed to achieve something you were whining about in 2005 (publishing FF minutes - it's all there in your post history) and still you haven't got a good word to say.

There is little doubt also that the input of local Rovers fans views - through whatever forum - influenced the new ST pricing which is doing so much to pick things up at Ewood Park on match days.

That alone means that the people who put so much time and positive energy into the FF / BRISA / Ewood Blues / whatever - people who actually feed useful information and ideas into the club - deserve some praise and some thanks.

They don't deserve incessant sniping from the other side of the globe - not just the odd jibe over a few months, but stretching into years. It's appears obsessive.

That says far more about you than them to be honest, and it doesn't help Rovers or Rovers fans one little bit.

Wonderful rant as usual Tris.You'll be up there with AESF soon.

To save you time check http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...mp;st=200 posted less than 24 hours ago and read the second line.

It could have saved you searching back to 2005 to find a so called obsessive jibe and saved us all one of your sarcastic rants.

Now one clear point...when cash is asked for, whatever the amount, then those who contribute have every right to ask questions.

Now one clear point...when cash is asked for, whatever the amount, then those who contribute have every right to ask questions.

If only people were prepared to actually do that more this particular debate wouldn't be happening. But Im sure something else wouldnt be correct....

I didnt say otherwise.

Its not upto me to do anything with it though is it.

That's the problem with people in general unfortunately Stu. They moan about situations, do nothing about it, and when somebody actually tries to do something to change it they tend to be the ones with the critism.

If only they were only that opinionated when it mattered when 'BRISA' was into it's months maybe this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

I, if no one else appreciated the attempts people made to make changes so Thanks

Guest fernhurstblue
I didnt say otherwise.

Its not upto me to do anything with it though is it.

sorry stu, it wasn't aimed at you, just a general comment :)

• 3 weeks later...

So.........any sign of this being looked at again? Or has defeat been accepted? Would be a shame if that was the case.

We are in dire need of some decent/amusing/original songs to sing. I remember a few seasons back when Gallagher first broke through and we had the song to the tune of "Agadoo" - great fun while it lasted. I remember signing that nonstop for the whole second half of a 2-0 defeat at Southampton. Turned it into a superb away day, despite the result.

Anyone got anything?

Now this is from an old head sitting in the JW upper who has not sung since Shearer were a lad but I've got to say that the atmosphere at Ewood is deadly dull and worse than I have ever known it. The singing appears to begin and end with the awful and uninspired 'get into them' and 'are you burnley in disguise'. Where has the sharp wit and originility of just a few years ago gone? There seemed a time when a variety of situations on the pitch would be met with a suitably adapted chant or song. There's loads of scope during most games for humourous asides but there's just no spark of originality at all. A Sheff Wed type band would be a start. Adopting and indeed adapting some of the european songs witnessed last year could be good too. I've got to say that the crowds performance v Portsmouth was even worse than the teams.

topically I've just found this from the LT...........

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...se_the_roof.php

Now this is from an old head sitting in the JW upper who has not sung since Shearer were a lad but I've got to say that the atmosphere at Ewood is deadly dull and worse than I have ever known it. The singing appears to begin and end with the awful and uninspired 'get into them' and 'are you burnley in disguise'. Where has the sharp wit and originility of just a few years ago gone? There seemed a time when a variety of situations on the pitch would be met with a suitably adapted chant or song. There's loads of scope during most games for humourous asides but there's just no spark of originality at all. A Sheff Wed type band would be a start. Adopting and indeed adapting some of the european songs witnessed last year could be good too. I've got to say that the crowds performance v Portsmouth was even worse than the teams.

topically I've just found this from the LT...........

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...se_the_roof.php

Wasn't at the Pompey game so can't really comment on that, but I actually think the atmosphere has slightly improved this year on last year. The City game (ok, I know it was a north-west derby) was a very good atmosphere in particular.

I honestly don't think a band is the way to go, and I firmly believe that we should get rid of the drummer. The drummer persistently attempts to join in with chants when there obviously is no need/reason/desire to. As a result the chant will fade away before it gets going properly and this means we only sing the songs that the drummer can drum easily to.

1. The singing appears to begin and end with the awful and uninspired 'get into them'

2. There's loads of scope during most games for humourous asides but there's just no spark of originality at all.

3. A Sheff Wed type band would be a start.

4.Adopting and indeed adapting some of the european songs witnessed last year could be good too.

1. A main part of the problem imo - why the hell do people join in with this - it has to be the worst chant in football - even worse than some of the Kayos registered ones. - my suggestion please people join in if this starts off with 'GET RID OF THE DRUM, GET RID OF THE DRUM' as that where this tends to start from

2. This is where terracing had the advantage - seating has taken this away (sanitised)

3. NO! NO! NO! -In no particular order

4. Funnily enough - from previous European encounters renditions of many a Rovers tune old and new and sometimes well forgotten ones could be heard crossing many a square or entering a hostiliery for a sherbert or two that carried on into the ground so gave no reason to adopt 'foreign' tunes - not ventured for a while on the foreign travels so don't if this still happens.

Archived