SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can A Empty Seat Sing

waggy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: there lies the problem,everyone tarred with the samebrush :brfc:

If anybody is jobless for more than a month (not incapacitated different thing altogether) then i am sorry,but it is because they are lazy and bone-idle.There are plenty of jobs for people who want to work,and yes i accept they might not be the best paid,but at least they are getting paid whilst they look for a job they want.

As the saying goes,you only get out of life what you put in.

Probably the only exception to this would be ex-convicts trying to go straight,as it would be a gamble for any company to employ them,however that is the price they pay for comittng crime.

Waggy, I put that question to you because you wouldn't let everyone into your bar and drink for free, would you?

Business sense says if you want to stay trading, then you have to cover your expenses. If you want to progress, then you have to make a profit. To make a profit, you have to have regular customers that pay full price. If they see people getting what they are paying for, for nothing, then the arse is going to fall out of your business.

I can understand where you are coming from, but, if money don't flow, then you are stuffed.

Waggy, I put that question to you because you wouldn't let everyone into your bar and drink for free, would you?

Business sense says if you want to stay trading, then you have to cover your expenses. If you want to progress, then you have to make a profit. To make a profit, you have to have regular customers that pay full price. If they see people getting what they are paying for, for nothing, then the arse is going to fall out of your business.

I can understand where you are coming from, but, if money don't flow, then you are stuffed.

:rover: i actually had a free drinks night on the opening night,and sold the cheapest drinks in town there after,why do you think the police shut me down,pressure from the locals :brfc:

But Waggy, after night one, you wouldn't sell a good proportion of your drinks for free, would you?

If you advertised drinks at one price for those that could afford it, and then said, for all the unemployed, the drinks would be free, then you'd be completely stuffed, as all you'd get would be unemployed people through your door.

Guest fernhurstblue

and a bunch of unemployed people are gonna make the atmosphere better ..... dream on dreamer! if they cant be bothered to put £15 of their beer/fag money to oneside every fortnight then sod 'em ..... people work bloody hard to afford to go, why should someone sat on their arse all day get a freebie

face it, the club would never do it ..... end of!

and a bunch of unemployed people are gonna make the atmosphere better ..... dream on dreamer! if they cant be bothered to put £15 of their beer/fag money to oneside every fortnight then sod 'em ..... people work bloody hard to afford to go, why should someone sat on their arse all day get a freebie

face it, the club would never do it ..... end of!

:rover: a bigger crowd generates atmosphere dreamer :brfc:

:rover: the great brian clough said football fans would be let into grounds for free,and the sooner the better,the atmosphere was dire :brfc:

Just one problem - Brian Clough has been proved wrong!

I do think the unemployed, on occasions, should be let in free. Not every unemployed person is a money grabbing, idle, lazy bar steward as some on here would assume.

The atmosphere on Sunday was dire - bring back terraces - like they have them in Garmany 3/4 seats, 1/4 terracing and a bit of common sense. :brfc:

Just one problem - Brian Clough has been proved wrong!

I do think the unemployed, on occasions, should be let in free. Not every unemployed person is a money grabbing, idle, lazy bar steward as some on here would assume.

The atmosphere on Sunday was dire - bring back terraces - like they have them in Garmany 3/4 seats, 1/4 terracing and a bit of common sense. :brfc:

The other reasons being?

Guest fernhurstblue

the only problem is that common sense isnt applied in this health & safety, politically correct, libalous (sp) mad world that we live in these days!

OK Waggy, answer me this, should all retired people get concessions, or should they get free tickets. They are unemployed arent they.

The irony is that not all retired people get concessions, due to equality.

Concessions for seniors start at 65. Yet a retired lady who sits near to me cant get a concession for another 4 years.

I agree it would be a great idea.

In fairness though by all accounts it sounds like sunday was the 1st game this season where atmosphere wasn`t too good?

The other reasons being?

Being under qualified

Being over qualified

Lay offs due to market/economic conditions

Forced redundancies

Personal circumstances

Relocations

Age barriers

I agree there are many of the great unemployed that are idle gits, but not everyone falls into that category. I was made redundant eleven years ago and was lucky enough to get another job within days. Had I not secured employment more or less straight away, I would have had a few months off in an attempt to find the exact type of job that suited me, rather than take a job say at Tesco stacking shelves. Yes, there are jobs out there but it's not just as simple as lining one up immediately. :brfc:

Being under qualified

Being over qualified

Lay offs due to market/economic conditions

Forced redundancies

Personal circumstances

Relocations

Age barriers

I agree there are many of the great unemployed that are idle gits, but not everyone falls into that category. I was made redundant eleven years ago and was lucky enough to get another job within days. Had I not secured employment more or less straight away, I would have had a few months off in an attempt to find the exact type of job that suited me, rather than take a job say at Tesco stacking shelves. Yes, there are jobs out there but it's not just as simple as lining one up immediately. :brfc:

There lies the problem.A lot of unemployed people think jobs like these are beneath their intelligence/ability/ego (it will be one of the three) where in reality they could use the job as a stepping stone to something better.It is more easier to move job to job than dole to job.

I don`t mind saying when i was younger i went through jobs like nobody`s business,yet even though i had no qualifications,i never went longer than 2 weeks without a job.

However i wanted to work-and that seems to be the main difference.

OK Waggy, answer me this, should all retired people get concessions, or should they get free tickets. They are unemployed arent they.

The irony is that not all retired people get concessions, due to equality.

Concessions for seniors start at 65. Yet a retired lady who sits near to me cant get a concession for another 4 years.

:rover: i agree they are unemployed yet retired,my uncle is retired yet earns over 100k per annum on his pensions,does he deserve a free ticket.

how about on the 20th october when we play reading,all season ticket holders are allowed to take a guest,all they have to do is provide the ticket office with the name and address off the recepient.season tickets holders can move to the darwen end with there guest,thus allowing room elsewhere for guests. :brfc:

Have you suggested that to the club? We on here can't do much about it. Would suggest that guests should not have a record on the database.

I don't earn over 100k on pensions. I am in a similar position to that of the lady who sits near Alan. Apparently it's national policy setting senior citizens' discounts at age 65. Yet maybe Waggy's uncle shouldn't be entitled to a senior citizen's discount either......

My youngest son works part-time at ASDA to fund himself through university. Whilst there he has qualified for his fork life truck driving certificate, got his fire warden's badge and been nominated several times for star employee of the month, winning it a couple of times. He can organise the warehouse and deal with deliveries efficiently and enjoys his work. He is studying computing technology and has applied for work experience at their head office although it is some distance away. This could lead to employment in his chosen field with a company he knows and enjoys working for.

Could not stacking shelves at Tesco have a similar outcome? Managers have to come from somewhere and why not from the shop floor with the relevant experience. If it doesn't lead to anything, at least it's work. Bacup Blue has the right idea.

£15 to watch premiership football is a bargain, we should be getting far better attendances then we have been getting.

If the prices are as cheap as they are then there is only one other explanation and that is that interest is just not there anymore.That said,attendances v Pompey have always been around the 19/20,000 mark anyway.

Archived