BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can A Empty Seat Sing

waggy

Adding my penneth .... I won't be there tonight as I basically cannot afford to go even though I don't think there is much wrong with the pricing of the game (even though I think it should be £10) - I just don't have the money

I would also resent the aspect to giving free tickets to the unemployed - I work and do overtime to supplement my income, I have a season ticket yet still struggle to afford to go to additional games so why should they get free tickets

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham will hopefully bring a good few fans for a tenner so might as well make as much as possible revenue on that, but Larrisa will only bring a minimal support whatever the club charge.

Charge a fiver for Larissa get as many through the gates as possible and sing us through to the next round :rover:

Its apparent Waggy that you possess the kind of mentality the club faces in its push to get people down at Ewood for games......moan for moanings sake and will pick fault at every possible opportunity,never happy.

The club will lose money hand over fist on the no doubt paltry gate tonight and it will be the same against Larissa,over to the Jack Walker trust to bail us out the shyte again eh? <_<

Rovers are p1ssing into the wind whatever they do, there's just NO justification for you Waggy or ANYONE to be moaning about the prices.

:rover: is that the kind of mentality of a season ticket holder,been one for over 35 years ,when players are picking up 30k to 60k a week and we see preformances like pompey at home no wonder i moan.i seem to remenber you getting stick for saying our gates were ###### poor,the truth hurts and until rovers address the problem people will moan :brfc:

They have addressed it Waggy everyone know's that....dont they?

Price is no longer an issue,its getting people interested,out the pubs and off their backsides down to Ewood....whether it be Brum in the Carling cup or Man utd in the league.

:rover: if price was no longer a issue why the poor gate last night :brfc:

The gate was slightly disappointing last night but hardly so bad that we need to start passing the revolver round.

I never thought this fixture would be a huge draw for the "floating fan" - what is far more of a mystery to me is why 5,000 season ticket holders (who by definition must be reasonably committed) saw fit not to attend.

The gate was slightly disappointing last night but hardly so bad that we need to start passing the revolver round.

I never thought this fixture would be a huge draw for the "floating fan" - what is far more of a mystery to me is why 5,000 season ticket holders (who by definition must be reasonably committed) saw fit not to attend.

I think there were more than 5k STH's didn't turn up. There seemed to be a huge amount of kids sat around me that aren't usually there.

the club are doing all they can to help fill the ground, the attendance last night was disgraceful.

I really don't know what more the club can do to resolve the gate problems, i don't even think the ground would be full, if the club let the fans in for free, thats how bad it is

the club are doing all they can to help fill the ground, the attendance last night was disgraceful.

I really don't know what more the club can do to resolve the gate problems, i don't even think the ground would be full, if the club let the fans in for free, thats how bad it is

:rover: it might be worthwhile rovers letting in fans for free,including season ticket holders when we have a game were everyone knows it will be a poor gate,then we we all know once and for all wether the price has anything to do with the poor attendances,or infact people are just not intrested :brfc:

I can't believe that we are really contemplating whether £10 was too much for last nights game. It's just pathetic. If we only get 12,000 against Larissa will we still be saying £5 is too much.

Our support has levelled off. The football attendance boom of the 90's has ended. On a numerical level we are not a well supported club in Premier League terms. Averaging 1 person in 6 of our towns population is highly respectable. Unfortanately the club can do nothing else to attract the other 5 people

This whole arguement is absurd, the club is taking a loss on this game as it is, and there are some that want them to take even MORE of a loss (thereby straining the trust that supports the club, and is looking to sell) just to get more bums in the seats? At the end of the day, the club's bottom line still matters. The walker trust is not a bottomless pit of money.

I fall into that category and personally it's because I'm working in Dublin today (and yesterday) - there is probably a chunk of ST holders for whom some midweek games pose similar problems due to location / travel or whatever.

I'd rather see the European games at Ewood so block my diary / plan ahead for those, I'm afraid the CC doesn't get the same priority.

Given some of the other comments, it sounds like it was more like half of season ticket holders didn't show up, and I think it's fair to assume the main causes are neither lack of commitment nor cashflow.

I wouldn't underestimate the inertia of a season ticket holder who, for all the league games, has to absolutely nothing other than turn up to see the likes of Arsenal at al. To see Birmingham reserves they have to a) remember they have to order a ticket, then B) either go down or phone and subsequently collect. In other words, they have gone from being a privileged guest to a back of the line punter, with all the onus on them to make it happen.

I'm sure with all the technology and database management tools the club keep investing in, they can come up with something that costs very little but makes it easier. Perhaps just turn up with your season ticket card as usual and we'll send you a bill, or add it to your direct debit when wthe cups are over.

I'm sure with all the technology and database management tools the club keep investing in, they can come up with something that costs very little but makes it easier. Perhaps just turn up with your season ticket card as usual and we'll send you a bill, or add it to your direct debit when wthe cups are over.

It only takes two minutes to order tickets online and the club posts them to you. Having to get tickets is no longer a major issue.

im on nights next week so i cant make it..went last night tho

Archived