BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro Travel Thread

Glenn

Yes, I agree. Train looks best option, and I'm sure it will be more comfortable (and faster) than a coach.

Just hope the kick off times fit in with the train times. It would be ideal if the game is at 5 or 6pm.

There are overnight trains leaving after midnight with a journey time of just under 5 hours. Coach will depart after the game with approx journey time of 4 hours.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match Transfers have now been arranged.

Match transfers from Athens

* Match transfers £45

* Match transfers with hotel booking £35

* Match transfers with flight inclusive package £25

To Book call Staying Away 0871 423 5057

As always, if you are responding from this site please tell us - we make a contribution to BRFCS.com for every booking made.

The ICE seems to be the best one to go for. Its just over 3 hour which doesn't seem too bad at all.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that there may be a Larissa station in Athens which is confusing things slightly.

Wis, are you flying out from Gatwick on Wednesday afternoon? If so I think you might be on the same flight as me. I'll see you in the bar.

ricky I think you are correct http://www.athensguide.com/practicalinfo/railwaylarissa.htm At least we only have to remember one name. I emailed them to see about buying tickets and received this reply

Further to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that e-booking train tickets system is not set yet. You can only purchase your tickets as soon as you arrive in Greece.

The ticket price is 42.60 € for A-class and 32.30 € for B-class ticket.

Sorry I am on the easyjet red eye special at 6 -15 am. I have the drinks ready in Athens

Paul, I think the train is closer to 3 hours than 5. I've been having a look and the ICE train runs on that route and is definitely a lot quicker than 5 hours. Typically I can't find the timetable that I located a couple of days ago.

i think you need the kickoff time before you think about the train ricky

When I looked at the timetable they were pretty regular Moz. The ICE one got into Larissa early in the afternoon which would be pretty good as I gues it will be an evening kick off. They also ran until about 2-3am on the way back iirc

There are 2 trains back from Larissa 8.11 and 00:32. The 00:32 gets back in at 05:19.

In general there are only a couple of ICE trains per day, these take 3hr 20 minute, the IC trains are 3hr 50 mins, and the normal train takes 4hr 20 mins. The 00.32 one seems to be a sleeper train from the link wisweller posted.

The game may not be in Larissa, and Volus is a further hour away on the train.

I would suggest theres little chance of making the 08.11 train at all, regardless of the location and KO time, and you'll be pushing it for the 00:32 one if the kick off isnt before 8pm and the games in Volus.

By the time you've added the supplements on to the price, its going to be cheaper and as quick on the coach.

When I looked at the timetable they were pretty regular Moz. The ICE one got into Larissa early in the afternoon which would be pretty good as I gues it will be an evening kick off. They also ran until about 2-3am on the way back iirc

Lots of trains see here http://www.ose.gr/ecPage.asp?page=dromologia.asp〈=2

just click on the little page icon and fill in stations. ie Athina to Larrisa ( Larrisa to Volos if the match is at the Olympia Stadium )

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 3 2007, 17:12 ) 544457[/snapback]
There are 2 trains back from Larissa 8.11 and 00:32. The 00:32 gets back in at 05:19.

In general there are only a couple of ICE trains per day, these take 3hr 20 minute, the IC trains are 3hr 50 mins, and the normal train takes 4hr 20 mins. The 00.32 one seems to be a sleeper train from the link wisweller posted.

The game may not be in Larissa, and Volus is a further hour away on the train.

I would suggest theres little chance of making the 08.11 train at all, regardless of the location and KO time, and you'll be pushing it for the 00:32 one if the kick off isnt before 8pm and the games in Volus.

For those who dont fancy a late night train journey Hotel Metropol right in the middle of Larissa

48E a night with www.booking.com

Paul, I think the train is closer to 3 hours than 5. I've been having a look and the ICE train runs on that route and is definitely a lot quicker than 5 hours. Typically I can't find the timetable that I located a couple of days ago.

Correct - during the day, but the 2 trains in the early hours take just under 5 hours.

havin had success with fellow forum members sorting me out ticket for last years semi….wondered if anyone going to the first leg could pick me up a ticket…or am I being daft and can easily get one on the day.

Obviously we dont yet know how many tickets we will need, but I wouldnt imagine there would be a problem getting one.

If its down to somebody actually physically picking one up for you, then I wouldnt worry about it, you'll have no problems there.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 3 2007, 20:21 ) 544518[/snapback]
Obviously we dont yet know how many tickets we will need, but I wouldnt imagine there would be a problem getting one.

If its down to somebody actually physically picking one up for you, then I wouldnt worry about it, you'll have no problems there.

You booked on the bus mate?

Booked my flight yesterday (via travelbag.co.uk)

Depart Manchester 9:25am Weds, via Frankfurt. Arrive in Athens at 5:20pm local time

Come back on the Saturday morning at 6:15am, again via Frankfurt. Arrive in Manchester for 12:45

This means I have all night weds in Athens, thursday to get to Larissa and back for the game, then all day and night in Athens on Friday.

Hotel £39 each for 2 nights nr Acropolis.

Looks like this is the place to be: http://www.athensguide.com/psiri.html

:brfc:FENI ON TOUR :brfc:

on the same flight mate see you in the bar

I wish it did Waggy. I rang easyjet as soon as it looked doubtful that my mate could go. They said that if I wanted to change any details it would invalidate the voucher and I would have to pay the full amount (£890).

So annoyingly I have a spare seat that I can do nothing with.

I wish it did Waggy. I rang easyjet as soon as it looked doubtful that my mate could go. They said that if I wanted to change any details it would invalidate the voucher and I would have to pay the full amount (£890).

So annoyingly I have a spare seat that I can do nothing with.

Get someone to change their name by Deed Poll and then they can get a passport in the name on the ticket - we actually had a client who once did exactly that!!

Archived