BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro Travel Thread

Glenn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you have booked on our packages electronic flight tickets, hotel vouchers, and confirmation of transfer details are being emailed over the next 48 hours.

Itinerary for the match transfers from Athens have also been confirmed;

Thursday 20 Sept Athens-Volos, depart;

Coach One Hotel Ilissos 0700 hrs

Hotel Mirage (inc guests staying at the Ionis and Athens Mirabello) 0730 hrs

Syntagma Square (outside Macdonalds) for passengers who have booked transfers only) 0745 hrs

Coach Two Hotel Ilissos 0700 hrs

Hotel Marina 0715 hrs

Hotel Apollonian 0745 hrs

Syntagma Square (outside Macdonalds) for passengers who have booked transfers only) 0745 hrs

There is still availability for the match transfers;

Match transfers only £45 pp return £25 pp one way

Match transfers booked with hotel £35 pp return £20 pp one way

Match transfers booked with flight inclusive package £25 pp return £15 pp one way

Flight inclusive packages and hotels also still available.

To book call 0871 423 5057 Please remember to mention you are calling in response to this post as we make a contribution to BRFCS.com for all bookings arising from the site.

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

For those of you have booked on our packages electronic flight tickets, hotel vouchers, and confirmation of transfer details are being emailed over the next 48 hours.

Hotel Marina 0715 hrs

Hotel Apollonian 0730hrs

Match transfers booked with flight inclusive package £25 pp return £15 pp one way

Flight inclusive packages and hotels also still available.

To book call 0871 423 5057 Please remember to mention you are calling in response to this post as we make a contribution to BRFCS.com for all bookings arising from the site.

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

Syntagma is very close to the Greek parliment, and is a stop on the excellent subway, for those stopping, In Athens the stops to get off for the Plaka and local history, restaurants ,bars etc are Monastriki and Ackopoli stops, the subway is easy efficient and very cheap

7:30 am pick up oh no

Its the early kick off! The alternative is to have a lie in, go 2/3 hours later, but arrive with little time to see anything of Volos and soak up the match atmosphere.

Should have added that coaches will drop everyone off at the harbour area, which apparantly has plenty of good bars & restaurants, about lunch time. We will then be departing from the harbour 1645 hrs to arrive at the stadium in plenty of time for the 1800 hrs kick off.

Thats fine with our crew Paul - was a bit concerned we wouldnt get as much time as we hoped in Volos but with those times then my fears are allayed. Should be there for dinner! :rover:

Dinner!!! game kicks off at 18:00, surely we should be there for lunch.

We're leaving Thessalonika about 9.30am gettingin Volos about 11.30am by car. Don't know if Paul is laying in transfers from Thess but we have one spare seat in the car if anyone wants it. Staying in Volos after the game for a few hours and back up to Thess for midnight approx.

t. 07812 076 753

We're leaving Thessalonika about 9.30am gettingin Volos about 11.30am by car. Don't know if Paul is laying in transfers from Thess but we have one spare seat in the car if anyone wants it. Staying in Volos after the game for a few hours and back up to Thess for midnight approx.

t. 07812 076 753

Having just spent over two weeks driving round northern & central Greece ( + other previous visits), unless you are familiar with that part of the world , give yourself plenty of time , because it seems that apparent small distances in that part of the world take absolute ages. It took me around about 3 hrs to get from Thessaloniki to meteora and Volos is quite away further. If you know the roads then tell me to shut up, just trying to be helpful

via michellin gives the times and road types and it says straight motorway for 190km of the 210km. The map shows it straight to and we've heard from someones it is an easy run down. If we set off early, it will leave plenty of time to get lost, find ourselves, and get lost again LOL.

Really looking forward to it. Glad we picked Thess down but wish (sigh) I was in Athens as well with other Rovers fans doing the Acroplis and all those other evening trips that keep getting sent into my mailbox...

Hotel Marina 0715 hrs

Hotel Apollonian 0745 hrs

Blimey.. Are you sure your not the one that's from Tory Yorkshire charging those prices to Rovers fans?

via michellin gives the times and road types and it says straight motorway for 190km of the 210km. The map shows it straight to and we've heard from someones it is an easy run down. If we set off early, it will leave plenty of time to get lost, find ourselves, and get lost again LOL.

Really looking forward to it. Glad we picked Thess down but wish (sigh) I was in Athens as well with other Rovers fans doing the Acroplis and all those other evening trips that keep getting sent into my mailbox...

.. The night time tour (with romantic meal) looks lovely if you have seen it :) just to rub it in LOL!.. there are various tours around the City which look great.. My only regret is i've not enough holidays to stay for the week.

I could always send you some photo's of Athens Graham?.. Personally I think I would have rather have stayed in Volos now it looks lovely from the photo's i've seen :rover:

.. The night time tour (with romantic meal) looks lovely if you have seen it :) just to rub it in LOL!.. there are various tours around the City which look great.. My only regret is i've not enough holidays to stay for the week.

I could always send you some photo's of Athens Graham?.. Personally I think I would have rather have stayed in Volos now it looks lovely from the photo's i've seen :rover:

Really looking forward to it. Can't come soon enough. Nothing beats watching the blues in Europe and at last we have a manager who is taking it seriously. Wonder how many will go. We took 600 to Salzburg last year in this round? At least the first Rd draw has been kind we got some where that is warm Kimberley.

Your rubbing it in. Gutted I'm not in Athens with ya but we didn't want to travel up all that way up and it's a bit pricey on the bus on top of everything else. Just think, you could have took us out on one of those night tours with romantic meal and shown us that Aphrodite (Greek goddess of love and beauty) isn't a stone stiff but wearing a blue white halved shirt! LOL Totally gutted!! ... We'll have to meet up in Volos and have a laugh..

Really looking forward to it. Can't come soon enough. Nothing beats watching the blues in Europe and at last we have a manager who is taking it seriously. Wonder how many will go. We took 600 to Salzburg last year in this round? At least the first Rd draw has been kind we got some where that is warm Kimberley.

Your rubbing it in. Gutted I'm not in Athens with ya but we didn't want to travel up all that way up and it's a bit pricey on the bus on top of everything else. Just think, you could have took us out on one of those night tours with romantic meal and shown us that Aphrodite (Greek goddess of love and beauty) isn't a stone stiff but wearing a blue white halved shirt! LOL Totally gutted!! ... We'll have to meet up in Volos and have a laugh..

I'm excited now too, can't wait to go.

I'm staying in the Marina Hotel with the usual lot I travel with. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is sharing a room with Big Tez again saying that could be worse I could be sandwiched between Birdy and Annette LOL! No doubt I'll end up asleep in the Parthenon (Temple of Athena the Virgin).. how appropriate :lol:

Would be great if we had a giant Blue and White shirt like the Geordies barcode shirt which they stuck over the Angel of the North to put over Aphrodite :)

The Greek goddess of love.. maybe just maybe i'll find some then LOL! :P

Archived