BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diana

I was unfortunate enough to not remember her life but what I do know and believe is that she was a wonderful person.

No words are good or strong enough to describe her empathy and kindness she showed towards everyone from healthy children just starting life to sick people with AIDS who were soon to end theirs.

I saw the service for her today but believe it could have been better. Charles should not have been there in the same way Camilla did not appear.

I also do not agree with the orders of "letting her rest in peace". By ignoring the truth that there was a plot to have her disposed of and stop her marrying someone who really loved her for definate we ignore her and her memory is at risk of disappearing. Yes she did magnificent work for charity and the Princes will certainly not forget her but Diana would have wanted the truth and justice as she did believe in the plot.

I would like this topic to be an opportunity for Rovers fans to leave their oppropriate and relevant personal tributes to the Princess of Wales.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh please, she was a nice women who was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver. She wasnt some kind of Saintly creature who did no wrong. She did some good for people less fortunate than herself, but the person who died a week later is much more deserving of tribute than Dianna. I bet you dont even know who I'm talking about.

Also if they wanted to kill Dianna there was much easier ways to do it than get her driver drunk and then drive his car into a wall. There is no conspiracy there was no murder, its just the Express trying to sell papers and Al Fayed trying not to face up to the fact that one of his employees killed his son.

She was a nice lady who did some nice things, but nothing more than that. She did what I hope everyone would have done given the same opportunity, she was by no means a saint and I agree with Flopsy, a far greater person who died shortly after is unlikely to get anywhere near the same amount of attention. I think it is time that the country moved on and stopped being so obsessed with her.

more so as she gave up her life to look after those who were less fortuante than herself. Dianna on the other hand got to go back to her fantastic house, cooks, butlers, lovers etc.

Please dont get me wrong, I'm sorry she's dead, I'm sorry her boys had to grow up without their mother. I just dont think she was anywhere near as wonderful as the press (who had a big hand in her death) would like us to think in an attempt to divert attention away from their involvement in the accident.

I was more upset when the Queen Mum died

Just another excuse for people to go wallowing around in self pity. Its like she's a bloody scouser with all this going on.

Its 10 years since she went, but she was hardly a mother teresa figure, (who coincidentally died 5 days later but because she wasnt a media whore wont have people having fundraising concerts and services).

I just dont think she was anywhere near as wonderful as the press (who had a big hand in her death) would like us to think in an attempt to divert attention away from their involvement in the accident.

So in your first post it was the fault of the drunk driver ....and now you think "the press" were to blame also .

And you seem to think the whole of the press would go overboard just to cover up for few paparazzi - even if the paparazzi were to blame .

One day you'll post some sense ....... :rolleyes:

Drunk driver being hounded by the paps on bikes (and possibly a white uno). But Im sorry, you probably have a little shrine to England's Rose in your bedroom dont you?

Possibly a white uno ?..... :rolleyes:

Been reading the Express again , Flops ? :lol:

Anyway , shouldn't you be in your bedroom fantasising about the Queen Mum .....? :unsure:

A couple of years ago I was on holiday in Australia and had the 'pleasure' of sitting next to an American lady on a tour bus who was more interested in telling me how abolutely wonderful Diana was than looking at Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Bondi Beach etc. You would have thought she was a personal friend of hers.

When I politely pointed out that she was a decent person but the media painted her as something similar to the next stage of evolution, the American was astounded that anyone from England thought she was anything less than perfect.

Naturally I apologised for such gross negligence on my part and prompty enrolled in the Church of the Latter Day Spencers.

Brian Blessed has contributed more to humanity.

Diana did lots for charity but it came with the narcotic of media attention which so desperately craved. It's 10 years since she died, and the false grief of those wallowing in their shallow misery should get over themselves. They never knew her, and were not personal friends. Anyway, Princess Anne gave more money to charity than the blonde tranny.

Brian Blessed has contributed more to humanity.

Diana did lots for charity but it came with the narcotic of media attention which so desperately craved. It's 10 years since she died, and the false grief of those wallowing in their shallow misery should get over themselves. They never knew her, and were not personal friends. Anyway, Princess Anne gave more money to charity than the blonde tranny.

You wouldn't have climbed over Diana to get to Princess Anne though would you :lol:?

OK the Brian Blessed thing was me being silly Bryan. However, I don't think Diana is worth the hysteria and media coverage that has gone on for 10 years. She was a strange woman who did some stuff for charity and used her profile to promote her good causes as well as herself. Yes she died tragically young, but so do so many other people. Eddie Izzard's mum died when he was young, but as he once said, he can't remember it being in the news.

To see her as a more pure, worthy species than other normal people is plain delusional. She probably had a bad temper and other flaws just like the rest of us. She was also someone none of us knew personally, so why cry over her loss? I don't see the world screaming in agony and grief over that Spanish lad who died a few days ago, or all the people getting blown to bits in Iraq.

P.S. Al, I'd pass on both. The only royal I'd extend the gene pool with is Zara Phillips. They could do with someone joining the party from outside the cousin/sloane ranger gene pool.

Archived