BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Is It Where You Are?

Well i was doing nothing at work today and thought i wonder what the weather is like where ever all you guys are. I figured id ask everyone to post everyday or when ever you feel like it.

Today in "sunny" southeren california was over cast and rainy. Not you everyday SoCal weather but hey what can you do. Whats the weather like where you guys are?

Slightly overcast at the moment, as it has been in the morning for the past few days, usually ends up being sunny and warm. Had the odd bit of rain in the past week or so, but for now the weather is good. Been lucky for the rugby.

Friggin M6 shut again thanks to some idiot who can't drive in the wet.

Took 85 minutes to drive from Chorley to Preston Hospital. Left an hour early for my appointment, got their 25 minutes late!! :angry: stiil working from home for rest of the day, the wonders of the internet!

Paul, I love it. I work from home, I wait til after the school time zones (8am- 9.30am) and then get out to do the works.

Weatherwise, it's usually good, one of the best reasons for living here, I'm almost tempted to stay at home and do the jobs I should do on a weekend.

Paul, I love it. I work from home,

Generally I now work from home Fridays, sometimes another day as well. I can start at 6.00am and have the day complete by 1.00. saves wasting all that commute time. Also given up commuting by car completely. Get the train at 6.40am, in work for 7.30ish and take the train home again at 4.30, to be home for 5.30pm ish. That compares with leaving at 6.45am in the car and usually not getting home till 7.00pm or later

I reckon I have saved around 3-4 hours a day since I started this. Laptop, web connection and full access to the office makes it so simple......and all thanks to advice from a member of this site. Who I won't embarass by naming but he did sell me a great laptop!

Guest fernhurstblue

working from home is a great idea, saves time on commuting time like you say ..... the only problem is most emplpoyers just dont trust their employees enough to do it ..... the benefits are thhere for everyonne to see, except of course the people at the top. their friday is spent on the golf course 'doing deals' or in this weather, on the 19th! :lol:

Darwen, Lancashire :-

March - Dry as 'owt - very unusual

April - Dry as 'owt - virtually no rain at all - very unusual

May - Rained most days

June - Rained most days

July - Rained most days

August - Rained generally

Sept - Not too bad but started to rain again.

Today (and last few days) pi**ing down!

I worked from home for two and a half years. You have to be diciplined and avoid distractions, such as brfcs :lol: Must be difficult for people with kids.

One of the draw backs if your not careful is that you find your never off duty, so easy to work until all hours of the day, and the home turns into an office instead. Another thing that I found was that, after years of an office environment, I couldnt concentrate on work until I had a collar and tie on. Trying to work in t-shirt and jeans just didnt ring right.

Anyway, back on topic.....the sun is coming out and there is a bit of blue sky over the bay.

Here on the Caribbean coast it isn´t as hot as usual this week...light showers and an average temperature of about 28oC. However when it rains here it really chucks it down for a short while...the roads and streets turn into what look like rivers and which they call arroyos in Spanish. Never seems to rain but it pours.

Archived