BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supermarket Parking

We'll leave the snitching and grassing to people like yourself , Colin

Well you were calling for people to snitch and grass people up a few months ago.

Changed your tune now that someone might grass your car up isnt it.

And before you get on you high horse, yes yours was for a hit and run, but funnily enough most people involved in these types of incidents dont have tax and have bald tyres and therefore you might be able to prevent a similar incident happening in the future.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point to this is enforcement should be the same for everyone.

Nip into M&S for 5 mins, in a blonde moment; next thing you know sixty quid fine. Parrk your car 10ft from traffic lights on double yellows causing an obstruction.. Police drive past.

I know lifes not fair, but the criminal justice system should be bigger than targeting easy pickings..

If parking in your area is decriminalised, then its not the police's role to book you, its the parking enforcement team run by the council.

We introduced decrim parking in Wolverhampton, after it being introduced in Birmingham.

Its worked really well. People, if they see abuse of parking restrictions, can ring the department and they'll send someone out. And see whether there's an offence.

Amusingly they did a Car show room because they'd been illegally parking their vehicles on the pavement, without a license and with Double Yellow lines along the road. Every car on the pavement was ticketed. And they were given three hours warning that was going to happen and tehy did nothing but go bleating to the press, once it was done

Well you were calling for people to snitch and grass people up a few months ago.

Changed your tune now that someone might grass your car up isnt it.

And before you get on you high horse, yes yours was for a hit and run, but funnily enough most people involved in these types of incidents dont have tax and have bald tyres and therefore you might be able to prevent a similar incident happening in the future.

Grassing someone up for parking a bit dodgy is slightly different from informing on someone who has run over and killed a young girl and then sped off .

You really are a moron of the highest order if you can't make the distinction .

Score your points on another thread , cretin ; don't do it by using the death of an innocent girl on a thread about car parking .

I've simply posted links to where people can report untaxed cars, cars with bald tyres, and illegal parking.

I really don't give a flying one about untaxed cars; bald tyres & illegal parking in Blackburn. No matter where they happen to be.

Oh dear ; the morons are out in force today ......... :rolleyes:

Grassing someone up for parking a bit dodgy is slightly different from informing on someone who has run over and killed a young girl and then sped off .

Score your points on another thread , cretin ; don't do it by using the death of an innocent girl on a thread about car parking .

Pip,

I can't quite work out if you're a gormless sod who can't follow a discussion without veering off into outer space and posting irrevelvnt comment or if you are practicing some kind of tactic which is becoming fairly obvious.

Paul mentioned it a few pages ago. You invent quotes/comments from other posters and then use them to berate the person who puts up an opposing view point.

Why the hell are you going on about a young girl being run over? This is about supermarket parking. Why are you veering off to planet somewhere else and getting all angry.

Please explain. You'll have to do it in words of one syllables because I'm a "moron."

Yours matey

Colin

My experience of super market carparks, and most others for that matter, is that there are either way too many spaces for mothers with children or far too many disabled spaces.

I'm all for these fines, but the number of these spaces really needs to reflect the actual proportion of shoppers that require them!

You obvioulsy missed the last part of the post didnt you.

And as for me being a cretin, shall we compare educational achievements again?

Read the second part of my post again, and then discuss.

But until then, your a waste of carbon

My experience of super market carparks, and most others for that matter, is that there are either way too many spaces for mothers with children or far too many disabled spaces.

I'm all for these fines, but the number of these spaces really needs to reflect the actual proportion of shoppers that require them!

I suppose it depends on the number of customers.

At peak periods, though, it is not easy to find a free disabled space. And it's made more difficult by the fact that you are now not allowed to take the in-store disabled trolleys out of the supermarket at ASDA though the staff do all they can to help.

It's not easy being disabled.

I suppose it depends on the number of customers.

At peak periods, though, it is not easy to find a free disabled space. And it's made more difficult by the fact that you are now not allowed to take the in-store disabled trolleys out of the supermarket at ASDA though the staff do all they can to help.

It's not easy being disabled.

I'm sure that it's not roversmum, but without meaning to be disrespectful, and without knowing your circumstances I would try to avoid supermarket or any other shopping for that matter at peak periods.

I confess I avoid all peak periods like the plague. Sales are for losers, Bank Holidays is for golf or gardening and definitly NOT driving anywhere, rush hours are for people who either have no option or no gumption, if I have a choice long Mway journeys are best mid day and weekends, dreaded but occasionally compulsory visits to the likes of IKEA etc are for mid morning Monday, Tuesday and Thursday etc etc.

Remember stress is a big killer.

As non peak periods at our local supermarket are usually between the hours of 9pm and 9am sadly we don't tend to find those periods convenient. Mind you, the disabled spaces are often taken up if not by disabled then by those who are too darn lazy to walk a short distance to the cash machines :angry:

By the way all id like to chuck this into the works off this post.

When any building that has to go for planning permission and has a huge public carpark then they have to have something like 10% off the total spaces to be disabled MINIMUM.

I dont no what the law is on the mother and children as they should be able to walk just as far as everyone else in my book.

When any building that has to go for planning permission and has a huge public carpark then they have to have something like 10% off the total spaces to be disabled MINIMUM.

I dont no what the law is on the mother and children as they should be able to walk just as far as everyone else in my book.

It is 10%, and with 'Mother and Child' places it has nothing to do with walking distance. The spaces are slightly wider to make it easier to load kids into car seats, the door being wide open.

Why the hell are you going on about a young girl being run over?

That was a post directed toward Flopsy in regard to disgusting "point scoring" comments made by him . Nothing to do with you .

(Large Colin type space to emphasise my post ..... :unsure: )

Regards .

Presumably that means that 10% of the population are severely disabled? If so it must be an overestimation imo.

6,602,224,175 = World population at current

650000000 Estimated disabled people (taken last year)

66022241.75 = 1% of worlds population

Divided..

% of disabled people in total world population = 9.8451670644764194181576695704974

Near enough 10% of the world is disabled.

Makes those 50-60 parking spaces look pretty meagre doesn't it :)

Although I don't suppose it is a fair estimation because of those disabled people, a lot will be people with disablilities that won't hinder their abilities to get out of cars etc. I would, at a guesstimate, say 4-5% of the world could need those extra parking spaces if they all drove.

not really...why would severly disabled people be at the gym or playing footy

Strangely enough because they enjoy it. Go to All Seasons Leisure Centre Saturday morning, Monday evening, Sunday evening, and Coppull LC Thursday mornings and evenings - it'll be rammed with disabled people taking part in sport. Some of them in wheel chairs, the odd one unable to walk keeping goal in 5-a-side.

Guy I know is totally blind and is an excellent runner, he goes to the gym to work out. At the same gym is a chap who has one leg significantly shorter than the other, he works out. My son is disabled and will try any sport you care to mention.

All depends on what you call severe. They don't get locked away anymore....and it just makes life a little bit easier if you know you are going to get a parking place, not much to ask for really.

no offense meant paul.....alls i meant was surly 50-60 spots at a gym is overkill....jjb they used to be full of non disabled cars but they put flyers up saying only disabled cars only and now if you go most nights there may be 1 ,2 tops spaces being used.

no offense meant paul.....alls i meant was surly 50-60 spots at a gym is overkill....

Thanks, accepted. I was a member at JJB Shad and I don't remember there being 50-60 spaces though. Any way that'll do for that one.

not really...why would severly disabled people be at the gym or playing footy

Physiotherapy? Recreation?

Go down to Preston Sports arena sometime, every month or so it is full of disabled kids playing, there are teams such as Manchester City Amputees and several mentally disabled teams from all over the NW.

Those Manchester City players are exceptional though, they go so fast on those crutches it seems like they could do 100m in under 10 seconds they are so swift.

Those Manchester City players are exceptional though, they go so fast on those crutches it seems like they could do 100m in under 10 seconds they are so swift.

Continuing the flippancy ..... Many people can't do 100m in 20 secs so why do they have to get doubly p1ssed wet through when it's raining?

The disabled sign is a wheelchair so shouldn't the rules really be for those who require wheelchairs, zimmers, crutches etc? That would mean fewer spaces necessary and hopefully would lead to more respect by others for those spaces.

The disabled sign is a wheelchair so shouldn't the rules really be for those who require wheelchairs, zimmers, crutches etc? That would mean fewer spaces necessary and hopefully would lead to more respect by others for those spaces.

thenodrog you started this thread with a post questioning the percentage of disabled bays available. Included in this post was the following:

but it does my head in to see fit and agile young people behaving with such ignorance and disregard for people in the community worse off than themselves.

You consider those who park in disabled park bays as ignorant and lacking regard for others, I'd say they are basically lazy and unthinking. The comments you make expose a level of ignorance on the subject. Disabled people have battled for decades against such remarks, and have made significant progress in their efforts to have society see the person and not the disability. Consider please some examples, the blind, those with serious heart or breathing conditions, people with severe mental difficulties, carers. Under your suggestion you'd exclude these people effectively because they have no obvious disability?

If you are going to pontificate further on this subject I'd suggest you do background research, understand the nature of disability, and it's implications for the individual before making crass suggestions. Then you might begin to appreciate the need to see the person rather than the disability before making judgements.

Archived