BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flag Day At Reading Match

At the Fans' Forum last week we had a discussion about trialling using the club flag at the Blackburn End, passing it over the heads of the crowd as they do at Liverpool. This turns out not to be practical because of the very heavy weight of the current flag - the club will investigate having a lighter flag made.

However, we did then talk about fans displaying their own flags across spare seats when we play the less attractive teams and the club agreed that they would be happy to allow this at the Darwen end when they they could be sure the seats would not be sold. We agreed that we would trial this at the Reading match this Saturday.

As a result, if you have a flag and would like to see it displayed on the Darwen End Upper Stand, all you need to do is contact John Newsome at Ewood and be prepared to get your flag down to Ewood on Saturday morning. John will arrange with his stewards to have them displayed.

Guest fernhurstblue

to heavy, jesus ..... i've heard it all now!!!!! :lol:

i've not seen it advertised anywhere with a couple of days before the match with a lowish crowd and not much appeal to anyone, it's bound to be a failure ..... i'd rather have nothing at all than this pathetic gesture by the club.

Guest fernhurstblue

the flag was used at cardiff in the familty enclosure ..... it must have out some weight on since, and this would also explain the BS reason for it not being taken to old trafford for the semi ...... what a load of absolute grabbage! :lol:

If the club do make another big flag like the one which sits in the top of the Darwen End, do you think this time they could get the blue and white halves the right way round ??

derbsflagts6.jpg

you mean they put the badge on upside down! :lol:

At the Fans' Forum last week we had a discussion about trialling using the club flag at the Blackburn End, passing it over the heads of the crowd as they do at Liverpool. This turns out not to be practical because of the very heavy weight of the current flag - the club will investigate having a lighter flag made.

Another crazy example of the stupid an OTT health and safety laws being imposed everywhere......laughable! :blink:

which is more stupid the flag rule or the YOU CANT HAVE A BOTTLE TOP BECAUSE IT MIGHT HURT SOMEONE IF YOU THROW IT...quote to my 9 year old....

The flag rule is stupid but the bottle rule make sense to me. It isn't the tops that do the damage.

Archived