BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Name That Tune

Famous football songs anyone? Good to see (well hear) The Final Countdown is usually on at the Park these days, Newcastle have Local Hero, Liverpool with YNWA and Sunderland have one aswell can't think of its name, anyone help?

There was a bit of worry when the Premier League insisted on the stupid 'handshake of fairplay' theme before every game, any ideas on the name of that as well? I think the way in which it is used now could soon have a similar effect to the champions league tune, obviously on a lesser scale though.

Any other favourites?

I for one hate the Final Countdown song. It's the oughties now, everyone! We have the Final Countdown, heck we might as well have the lads run out to Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll. <_<

Keep it simple, keep it Wild Rover or a faraway piper in the BBE Upper belting out some battle tune. That'd stir the lads on! :tu:

I remember a few years back when we started experimenting. At one point I remember we came out to War of the Worlds! Which was a bit odd. Then they had Carmina Burana when we were down in the First Division.

I have heard Carmina Burana played as players come onto the pitch on a recent sky or setanta game, cannot remember who it was though.

Does anyone remember the old Premier League tune on Sky Sports....the only lyrics to the song I remember are "here we go, here we go....this is it....."

Anyone know what it's called?

Ha ha yea! And the Super Sunday one, can't remember the name of the song or who sings it but it had a kid with face paint on... "If you believe it!"

Does anyone remember the old Premier League tune on Sky Sports....the only lyrics to the song I remember are "here we go, here we go....this is it....."

Anyone know what it's called?

I'm guessing it's the mighty Republica with Ready to Go.

While I love "The Final Countdown" I've always thought the players should run out to The Beatles "A Day in the Life", well from the middle bit just before the "4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire" bit (just after the "Somebody spoke and I went into the dream" part all the way to the end). It's really uplifting and a classic of course. Or we could have "Swing Army Swing".... :D

Archived