BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Call Of Duty 4

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Got COD4 today. I am a big fan of the COD games, especially the ones made by Infinity Ward (COD2 and COD4).

Been playing for an hour or so and so far so good.

Graphics are very much next gen and the gameplay is superb. The missions are divided between being a SAS trooper and American Marine. I have completed the first bit which is the ship mission and going to Chernobyl (sp) and have just reached the middle east mission. Loved it so far, requires you to use both tactics and good old blasting your way through. The weapons thus far are also fantastic and varied. I haven't tried multi player but it is meant to be very good. For me this is the first real 'next gen" game. It also has scored very well from all the review I have read.

Looking forward to playing it more over the weekend.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dam it Dam it.

I am so stuck now. Do I:-

Get COD4 tomorrow (every thing I read about this is all good)

Get Assasins Creed next week (I have been looking forward to this)

Get Kane and Lynch the week after (Like the sound of this)

Dont get any because I cant really afford them (this isnt really an option)

Get them ALL because I am greedy

A few months ago I had money burning a hole to get games and there wasnt any out. Now, I am strapped and want them all.

Greed is a very bad thing.

have COD4 waiting in my bag (PC version) not that excited about the SP but the MP looks rather good, as long as its not some rubbish console ported cack like CoD2 was for the PC.

Crysis at the november - hurrrrhhh

Easy, get them all bought for you for Christmas but demand you have them now. or wait

The waiting is very hard when you load up your PS3 and see everyone else playing these and your not.

Xmas is too far away....I suspect by tomorrow night my grubby little paws will be holding a copy of COD4

Guest Kamy100
Dam it Dam it.

I am so stuck now. Do I:-

Get COD4 tomorrow (every thing I read about this is all good)

Get Assasins Creed next week (I have been looking forward to this)

Get Kane and Lynch the week after (Like the sound of this)

Dont get any because I cant really afford them (this isnt really an option)

Get them ALL because I am greedy

A few months ago I had money burning a hole to get games and there wasnt any out. Now, I am strapped and want them all.

Greed is a very bad thing.

Jeez mate that is a hell of a lot of games!!

For me Pro Evo, FIFA and COD4 will keep me going. I'll probably also buy Uncharted if the demo is good.

Jeez mate that is a hell of a lot of games!!

For me Pro Evo, FIFA and COD4 will keep me going. I'll probably also buy Uncharted if the demo is good.

Was going to add Unchartered but that is too far away. If we are throwing them all in then add Haze and Army of Two too the list.

I bought it this morning, completed the first couple of missions and am back to the SAS now. I thought the single player game was excellent. Its complete mayhem on the middle eastern levels as there are Arabs trying to kill you from all angles so you definatley have to be tactical. Its my daughters 2nd birthday today so I've not had much chance to play on it (at work now). I got a multiplayer game in though and it was great. I'd recommend you buy this Cocker especially as you enjoyed playing R6V online. The only dissapointing thing for me so far is that you cannot peak around corners like R6V, but it probably wouldn't be that useful as certain bullets go through walls anyway (caught me out a couple of times)

I'd recommend you buy this Cocker especially as you enjoyed playing R6V online. The only dissapointing thing for me so far is that you cannot peak around corners like R6V, but it probably wouldn't be that useful as certain bullets go through walls anyway (caught me out a couple of times)

You hit the nail on the head there for me. I had been playing loads of First Person Shooters and then I played rainbow six where you could hide and peak around things - I thought this was great. Went and played Resistance and Timeshift and found myself running towards a wall and trying to peak round - this is something I think should be in all First Person Shooters.

Bought this today and have just been playing it for a few hours and oh...my...god...this game is awesome fun! And I've not even touched the MP yet!

The AC - 130 mission was so much fun. The presentation is great and it plays well. I do miss the ability to peak and take proper cover though, specially as there is so much stuff going around from all angles.

ac-130 was loads of fun, I'm enjoying it, and the MP a lot more than I thought I would, for the record, Claymores are tons of fun, but I wouldnt recommend the martyer perk unless your playing deathmatch.

Anyone else slightly disturbed killing the sleeping sailors?

Anyone else slightly disturbed killing the sleeping sailors?

Hey, its them or me. I am not going to wait for him to wake up, hand him his gun and say count to 10 :rolleyes:

Anyway, had a play last night and will admit - I AM A BIG GIRL.

The opening mission with the boat isnt so bad because your more of a passenger being hand held around it but when you get to the running round the open streets mission in the desert I found myself cowering behind walls praying my mates would take them out so I could go home. You think, hopefully they have gone away but when you poke your head round you see all your mates with holes in em and about 5 guys coming at you. So you do the right thing - turn and run away but down another street there are more of em. I throw a few grenades but the crafty opo just hide until they explode. Luckily for me, I now know what I must do. I run out looking like a bumble bee with a gun screaming and spraying bullets everywhere. When the screaming stops and I finally have the courage to open my eyes I see the words on screen - friendly fire will not be tolerated and I start again. Yes, this game does make you feel like your running round in the streets and you could die at any time - Brilliant.

The downside for me is the same as was said before - no covering system. There are loads of times where there is some very good cover but you cant use it (apart from crouching down) I found myself cursing the screen a couple of times for this. The best tip to give anyone though would be to use the auto target system - your in trouble if you dont (the double tap L1)

Would recommend this to anyone with a PC/360/PS3 - enjoy

Right I completed this yesterday and couldn't help feeling hungry for more. The whole single S.P mode was excellent but short (which we knew before hand). I loved the sniper mission and the air support one. I've read in another forum that the makers could be creating more multiplayer maps etc to download. Not sure if this is true but it would be great if they did. Loving the M.P mode now that the connection issue has been sorted out thanks A-D-B for letting me know as I was worried that my connection had messed up again. I was getting frustrated with the M.P mode because i'd get into a good sniper position when low and behold I'd get a knife in the back. That doesn't happen now though since I unlocked the claymores.

Blasted through loads of this tonight. For those that have already played - how hard was that sniper level (only the end bit where you have to wait for the chopper) for those that dont know what I mean you will when you get there.

I am sad because I feel like I am coming to the end now.

If I could give someone a tip for this game it would be give up trying to shoot people and just run. I have spent ages picking endless hoards off and kept dying. In the end I though - why not just run right through the lot of em and then just get some cover - this tactic seems to do the job if not a little mental some times.

Top Top Game though

I haven't bought it yet, but for me, like most first person shooters, it is a game that I intend to pick up second hand. Short single players, good multiplayer, essentially I get a slight update on any COD or GR I've ever bought for the 360 before. I'm reluctant to pay 70 euros for something that will really only be totally new to me for the 15-20 hours of single player I get out of it.

I haven't bought it yet, but for me, like most first person shooters, it is a game that I intend to pick up second hand. Short single players, good multiplayer, essentially I get a slight update on any COD or GR I've ever bought for the 360 before. I'm reluctant to pay 70 euros for something that will really only be totally new to me for the 15-20 hours of single player I get out of it.

This is far from being a slight update though Eddie. I promise you that you will not have played a Call of Duty or Medal of Honor (dont know what GR is) like this before. Its a new experience as far as I am concerned and any one who likes playing First Person Shooters can not fail to love this.

I do agree with your comment though about the single player game being too short. So far I have only played it for 4 hours and I suspect that a couple more hours tonight will be me finishing it (picked it up on Sunday but only had it on Monday and Wednesday)

Guest Kamy100

Once you clock the game let credits roll there is a nice little surprise (mission) at the end of the credits. I have not got there yet I have just done the sniper level which was awesome.

Once you clock the game let credits roll there is a nice little surprise (mission) at the end of the credits. I have not got there yet I have just done the sniper level which was awesome.

Yep, I waited for the credits hoping for something. It's a bit different and short but a bonus nontheless :)

Yep I got that too - wont let on what happens though because that would just spoil things.

Have been playing online and its pretty good although at the start you are rubbish because those that have been playing for a while have better weapons and abilities - you can make your own bod to play online with you see and the more points you gain the better things you get like the ability to drop a grenade when you die.

Archived