BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Browns Prediction

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're missing the point of my post again chaps.

I've not read a single link but no doubt there were all complaiing about something wrong.

Theno, if you can get Lord Coe to introduce "Moaning" as an Olympic sport you'll be in there for a gold medal.

Cheer up mate. Worse things could happen. We might get stuffed by Wigan......

................oh!

• 2 months later...

9:00 pmRivers of Blood

Part of White season. Documentary about Enoch Powell's infamous speech. The fragments of filmed speech that survive are brought together and Powell's argument is examined in detail

Copied from the BBC web site.

• 2 weeks later...

A Labour MP who actually speaks up for his constituents....

frank_field_140x140.jpg

Labour MP Frank Field is a rare beast. He deserves a pat on the back in my view. Frank has been one of the few backbench Labour MPs willing to articulate the concerns of his constituents, who have told him that they are very worried about the current terrorist threat in our country.

I realise that we're not allowed to discuss the issue of immigration anymore, but the serious terrorist threat in general that Britain faces is still allowed to be discussed. Writing in The Guardian, Frank says that we face the prospect of a terrorist catastrophe on an unprecedented scale.

Frank warns: "The nature of the terrorist threat to Britain has fundamentally changed. Irish terrorists were about destroying buildings, usually after giving a warning. The nature of the threat posed by the current extremists is carried out by suicide bombers. An explosion of a dirty bomb could make parts of London uninhabitable for decades or more. Such an explosion would bring down more than the surrounding buildings. Twenty per cent of Britain's income comes from the financial services sector. A dirty bomb would see much of this industry leave our shores. At a stroke our national income would be reduced from being at the top of the league of advanced countries, to the bottom, with huge repercussions for income and employment levels."

Frank goes on to warn: "Likewise, bombing the Thames barrier at a high tide with strong incoming winds would not only flood Canary Wharf. Such an attempt would result in the same devastating effect on national prosperity as a chemical or dirty bomb attack."

I feel that, as a nation, we ignore Frank Field's warnings at our peril.

An explosion of a dirty bomb could make parts of London uninhabitable for decades or more.

Why do people keep peddling this fiction about "Dirty Bombs" along with the other ficticious device, the "binary liquid bomb", that makes us carry our toothpaste in a clear plastic bag through airport sercurity checks - In theory they could wreck havock, in practice they only exist in Die Hard movies and government labs - but they are a very convenient vehicle for the government to keep the population living in fear and more compliant to handing over their freedoms without a fuss

Some reading

Some more reading

Why do people keep peddling this fiction about "Dirty Bombs" along with the other ficticious device, the "binary liquid bomb", that makes us carry our toothpaste in a clear plastic bag through airport sercurity checks - In theory they could wreck havock, in practice they only exist in Die Hard movies and government labs - but they are a very convenient vehicle for the government to keep the population living in fear and more compliant to handing over their freedoms without a fuss

Some reading

Some more reading

Richard Reid is doing time for what then?

Some reading

Some more reading

Whilst I agree with you that the threat of a dirty bomb is minimal, due to the level of expertise needed and the simple fact that their easier ways of using nuclear materials to kill & destroy. The threat of terrorist’s using radioactive material or waste material is very real. It is extremely easy to purchase within the former Soviet Block nations and relatively cheap and easy to use. The head of the IAEA has stated that the use of such materials is both feasible and a known risk: he has gone as far to actually naming the ex- eastern block states where such material is available for sale: The IAEA chief singles out Romania, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Ukraine for nuclear material trafficking incidents.

"According to Beyond the Dirty Bomb: Re-thinking Radiological Terror published by the International Institute for Strategic Studies, "ingestion, inhalation and immersion (I3) attacks, in which radiation doses are delivered internally or by direct contact with the skin, can credibly kill in order of magnitude more people than a dirty bomb, are likely to incite considerably more fear among members of the public, and may require a much lower level of technical skill to execute."(Anca Paduraru).

Apparently Reid hd 8-10 ounces of TATP mixed with PETN - so enough to blow a hole in the fusilage of American Airlines flight 83 and bring it down - PETN is a plastic explosive and TATP is the unstable mix used on the both London Underground bombings and attempted bombings - not quite the same as the dirty bomb myth

Labour MP Frank Field is a rare beast. He deserves a pat on the back in my view. Frank has been one of the few backbench Labour MPs willing to articulate the concerns of his constituents, who have told him that they are very worried about the current terrorist threat in our country.

Frank Field is about the best MP in Westminster .

Who knows what he could have achieved if he had been given the power to sort out the benefit system when Labour first gained office . Instead the man-of-no-substance Blair sacked him over an inconsequential inner party feud after just a few months as a minister .

That's when I knew for certain that Blair , just like his party , was a total fraud and represented no-one other than themselves .

You can be certain that if Field speaks in such a manner about the terrorist threat (and I was unaware until now of his views on this subject) then it equally certain that his views are genuinely held and not part of some spurious government plot to deceive us .....

Archived