BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Browns Prediction

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Paddick doesn't hold a "senior policing position in this country" because he's retired. Your own words. You silly billy.

That's why I said 'people like'. The senior positions in the police are undoubtedly held by people who fit the profile created by the liberal establishment. They say the right things politically, use all the right modern buzzwords and have nice university educations.

My remark about Paddick stands. Left-wing homosexual coppers with liberal views about cannabis probably compose a miniscule percentage of our police 'service'. He ticked all the right political boxes though and was fast-tracked because of this. No proper copper of the Ray Mallon-ilk stands a chance.

Let us not forget this example of the horror and cruelty of terrorism. Deliberately and mercilessly timed for when the town was chock full of kids ......the day before Mothers Day for God's sake!

Do you actually think than anyone who sets off or launches, or drops a bomb, whatever their cause, thinks that they shouldn't do it because it's the day before "Mothers Day?"

Strange.

I should just mention, before you leap on your 60mph high-horse, that I don't actually approve of people letting off bombs.

Do you actually think than anyone who sets off or launches, or drops a bomb, whatever their cause, thinks that they shouldn't do it because it's the day before "Mothers Day?"

Strange.

It's not me thats strange in this instance Colin. Whatever excuses you want to make to justify the Warrington outrage will never rest easy with me. To directly target a situation where innocent kids are out buying a Mothers Day present is simply inhuman / barbaric / unforgiveable ......you can pick any of them in my opinion and if you think anything else then you are beyond hope.

"where innocent kids" god, now theres a tabloid phrase, its hardly going to be "where devil spawn kids". Sorry I digress. Warrington was an outrage, as was the bombs in London, Lichfield, Manchester, Birmingham, Belfast, Omargh and other places where people thought that setting off bombs would further their causes, and you know what as bad as Warrington was, it was nowhere near as bad as Omargh, where they rang in a bomb warning for one place, knowing damn well where the security forces would evacuate people too, and set another bomb accordingly. And then the tabloid papparazi's turned up and asked the squaddies to move a bit so they could be shown in the picture next to a dismembered childs arm.

It's not me thats strange in this instance Colin. Whatever excuses you want to make to justify the Warrington outrage will never rest easy with me. To directly target a situation where innocent kids are out buying a Mothers Day present is simply inhuman / barbaric / unforgiveable ......you can pick any of them in my opinion and if you think anything else then you are beyond hope.

Blowing up a town centre at any time is inhuman/barbaric/unforgiveable. If the Provos had killed a load of people out drinking in pubs or eating in restaurants the outrage would be the same.

Blowing up a town centre at any time is inhuman/barbaric/unforgiveable. If the Provos had killed a load of people out drinking in pubs or eating in restaurants the outrage would be the same.

Have you ever been to Sunderland?

I worked in manchester when the bomb went off. My office lost all of its windows, we lost power etc. Very very scarey. I was also in London when the bombs went off. In fact I had just left Euston and gone through Tavistock square when it went bang. The chap I was out on the lash with the night before missed his usual train as he had a hangover. That train would have put him in Liverpool street on the tube as that bomb went off.

In a strange way, th ebombing in Manchester ha sproduced a lot of benefits for the city. The regeneration that was sparked as a result of the damage has now made Manchester the fastest growing city in the UK. If you now compare it to Leeds or Liverpool, they are years behind.

The really odd thing about the baombings in manchester was that exactly a year later, they organised a 21 gun salute for the dead. What would have been very helpful though would have been telling us, so that when the loud bangs went off we didn't all try to evacuate the building again!

The really odd thing about the baombings in manchester was that exactly a year later, they organised a 21 gun salute for the dead. What would have been very helpful though would have been telling us, so that when the loud bangs went off we didn't all try to evacuate the building again!

By an absolute freak chance there were none.

Saw an interesting biopic on Brown and Blair on HBO (not sure if it was in conjunction with BBC). Found the dynamic between the 2 interesting - thought the guy that played Brown had it dead on, but the Blair actor was too "wimpy" and lacked the charisma of the real Blair.

Old Gordy is finding out that the top job is not quite as rewarding and satisfying as he thought. Not many people seem to like him do they?

No doubt Teflon Tony and Cherie are beside themselves with glee at his flounderings.

Chatting about this in't pub last night and to further the Tony / Cherie line of thought........ I have had to re assess my earlier opinion. Maybe they are not so besides themselves after all. If Teflon Tony had stuck out having the Brown monkey on his shoulder just a few months longer this would all have destroyed Brown completely. His credibility as his successor would have been shot to pieces. Blair could have had Browns balls on a platter, Northern Rock, the lost revenue cd, and the Defence scandal would have made his position as Chancellor untenable and could only have ended with his resignation and relegation to the back benches.

Given the paucity within the party of quality labour politicians 'President' Blair would have been absolutely untouchable.

Introducing the King and Queen of Sleaze....... One is Prime Minister the other is Deputy Labour leader and is married to the Labour Party Treasurer!

http://news.aol.co.uk/unlawful-donations-w...127080809990001

http://news.aol.co.uk/harman-to-return-cam...127085309990001

And what if no one had ever found out? <_<

Scandal, sleaze, incompetence and profligacy.... all in a week or two! Who the hell voted him in eh? :rolleyes:

EDIT: This is now an open sore. Hains been found to be telling porky pies too, and it appears Browns statement that the nature of the donations had actually been declared was an attempt to deceive the public therefore the people guilty of acting 'unlawfully' were actually members of the Labour party hierarchy! :o

http://news.aol.co.uk/brown-to-face-mps-ov...127224909990010

I cannot see Harman surviving and maybe Hain too, but every cloud has a silver lining for Gordy..... at least it's stopped people discussing all the other sh1t that he is up to his neck in at the moment.... his missing cd's, his miserly attitude to defence and putting our troops lives at risk, the fact that he's a sweaty etc etc.

The old saying that Tories are mostly plagued by sex scandals whilst Labour are plagued by financial ones is holding every bit as true this century as in the last one. Browns position is surely becoming ever more untenable.

Not enough that the Labour Party is the subject of no less than THREE police investigations it gets murkier and murkier......

From aol news

http://news.aol.co.uk/tories-force-party-f...204011809990001

"At the end of the day, it is not money that decides elections, it is ideas." Gordon Brown.

It now appears that this all changes once the elections are over and done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived