BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Browns Prediction

Notice to all members .......

Seasons Greetings and a Merry Christmas to all ...............and mind whose next to you at Ewood or the supermarket! :o

http://news.aol.co.uk/pms-stark-warning-on...114023109990003

Course politicians warning of 'carnage' on the streets of Britain is not exactly a new idea is it? imo it would be more helpful if Gordon Brown had given us a pointer as to where the terrorist threat is expected to come from but I guess he is simply under strict sensitivity censorship from elsewhere.

Be extra vigilant if you have to go out, but I guess the safest place to be in this country in the future will be at home tapping away on some internet messageboard. Hardly going to help half year ST sales is it? :xmas:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gordy,everyones s### scared of getting a red card mate!

Really? I would have thought most people would be more sh1t scared scared of being blown up on the Blackburn End! Say what you want ozzie ..... but only within the guidelines.

According to the new dictat......

"From now on, threads about immigration, race or religion will not be allowed on here. In fact any topic considered by the admin/mods to be potentially offensive, to any individual, wont be tolerated."

Can't be wrong if you stick to the rules as I always do ozzie....... unless of course offending unspecified terrorists is considered intolerable. Truth is this is big news today and it directly concerns BRFC.... not to mention every other sports stadium and public place in the UK. Are you suggesting that we should simply ignore both the situation and the PM?

In fact there is more today from the same source on aol news .... Railway stations specified this time btw

http://news.aol.co.uk/brown-in-row-over-an...113213209990002

This differs from the first quote cos this time MI5 Director Jonathan Evans actually names an international terrorist organisation active in this country but which we are now unable to condemn or comment about on here. Sorry but you'll just have to ignore that bit.

You're like Private James Frazer from "Dad's Army."

"We're all doomed, doomed I tell you!"

Over the past ten years I've had more life-threatening situations from microwave ovens, some dodgy electrical wiring, and a couple of car drivers then I have ever had from so-called "terrorists."

Trust your Uncle Colin. You'll be more likely to pop your clogs poking about in that dodgy toaster with an item of cutlery while it's still plugged in than you will due to a so-called terrorist.

Take it easy mate.

something like 150 people were killed one year putting on trousers, I wouldnt be too worried about a terrorist attack killing you.

I'd be more worried about being killed on the roads (3500ish a year), or having a heart attack (100000ish) or some kind of other accident, rather than dieing in a terrorist incident in this country (number this year?? None).

I doubt anyone on here is going to be blown to pieces by a terrorist bomb .

Nor are they going to drown in floods or fry to death because of global warming .

Nor are they going to die of cancer caused by passive smoking .

Nor are they liable to be killed by knives or guns .

So let's just concentrate on the dangers caused to us all by old age ........

Perhaps Flopsy or Colin (who never , ever posts on these kind of threads :rolleyes: ) would care to start a relevant topic :tu:

Perhaps Flopsy or Colin (who never , ever posts on these kind of threads :rolleyes: ) would care to start a relevant topic :tu:

You're suffering withdrawl symptoms. I can tell.

I've got a sympathetic (yet unfortunately hypothetical) arm around your shoulder.

Take care when you put your trousers on in the morning. Double check your undies.

Pip pip

Over the past ten years I've had more life-threatening situations from microwave ovens, some dodgy electrical wiring, and a couple of car drivers then I have ever had from so-called "terrorists."

Trust your Uncle Colin. You'll be more likely to pop your clogs poking about in that dodgy toaster with an item of cutlery while it's still plugged in than you will due to a so-called terrorist.

Take it easy mate.

something like 150 people were killed one year putting on trousers, I wouldnt be too worried about a terrorist attack killing you.

I'd be more worried about being killed on the roads (3500ish a year), or having a heart attack (100000ish) or some kind of other accident, rather than dieing in a terrorist incident in this country (number this year?? None).

Yeah yeah yeah, trot out the old funnies if you luvvies want to, but rem not to shoot the messenger. It seems to have escaped your combined attention that it's not me issuing these warnings it's the bloody Prime Minister! Obviously the chances are slim and you two are so clever and well informed that you feel confident enough to respond with flippancy, but question for you both...... have you ever wondered why they put lightning conductors on buildings? I guess not many of them get struck by lightning but it's still devastating when they do.

Are you suggesting that we should simply ignore both the situation and the PM?

I have been ignoring the PM since Thatcher got the gig!

On Preston railway station last night however, there was a large police presence, much more than usual and I got the impression it was a show of strength in line with what the Government have been saying about the threat. Be interested to see if any more policing is evident at Ewood next time out.

Take it easy mate.

Wrong, Police found evidence that directly affects us as Rovers fans. Not sure which uncovered cell , but they found evidence that terrorist’s were compiling information and plotting at the United VS Rovers match at OT a few years ago.

Unless you unveil yourself as head of security services, I will go on what the police tell me rather than a few posters on a football board

Ah so the Government is right on this then? Therefore they must be right on everthing else.

You can't pick and chose which ones you belive are utterly correct, we are talking about the same people who brought us "ID cards will stop terrorism" and "We need 90 days to lock up people before we charge them". Of which no evidence whatsoever has been provided.

There is a terror threat towards this country, but I hate to say it, the chances of you being directly involved are miniscule. Id be much more careful about driving to, or crossing roads to, matches, or worrying about the damage that super high in saturated fats burger or the 5th pint of beer's doing to you, more than whether some religious nut has decided that today of all days he's going to try out his new peroxide based vest, within 10m of you.

Me I'm going to be brave and cycle to work, you lot can cower away if you want.

I'd be a bit more confident of dealing with the terrorist threat if the senior policing positions in this country weren't held by people like the incompetent liar Ian Blair or, the now thankfully retired, Brian Paddick - a cannabis-smoking, supporter of the spineless Lib Dem party.

Unless you unveil yourself as head of security services, I will go on what the police tell me rather than a few posters on a football board

I think you should show Thenodrog a bit more respect than that.

The police are a set of useless , lazy ba$tards who only concentrate on those people who they know still respect the law and are liable to quietly cough up and contribute to the treasury .
And you need to have a word with Blue Phil too, because he wrote that.

I simply love the way that this thread is sort of tip-toe-ing around the ban on immigration & religion topics. It's walking ever so gingerley on the ice. It's going to be really funny when someone falls through. As someone will surely or later. My money is on Thenodrog because he's a "Heads Down No Nonsense Mindless Boogie" type of poster. He's bursting at the seams.

I'd be a bit more confident of dealing with the terrorist threat if the senior policing positions in this country weren't held by people like the incompetent liar Ian Blair or, the now thankfully retired, Brian Paddick - a cannabis-smoking, supporter of the spineless Lib Dem party.

Brian Paddick doesn't hold a "senior policing position in this country" because he's retired. Your own words. You silly billy.

Guest Dik Bleek

Take it easy mate.

I don't know what you were up to in Manchester in 1996 but the centre of your nortern city was blown apart by a terrorist bomb, I know a group of people shopping in Manchester that day who would disagree with you about the problems you have with your home appliances and their experiance, they still have the scars after all these years. It is not a subject to be flippant about!

I was in this nortern City Centre that day, I'd walked past Mark and Spencers 30 minutes earlier, I was in Birmingham a few years ago, just around the corner from where the IRA decided to try and blow up a large car bomb.

2 things that I've taken from that

1) Hang around with me, I avoid bombs

2) There's no point in worrying, be alert, be vigilant, wear clean undies

I don't know what you were up to in Manchester in 1996 but the centre of your nortern city was blown apart by a terrorist bomb, I know a group of people shopping in Manchester that day who would disagree with you about the problems you have with your home appliances and their experiance, they still have the scars after all these years. It is not a subject to be flippant about!

Colin will no doubt childishly argue that that was 11 years Dik. He'll prob ridicule me reminding us all of this too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/northwest/s...ic_stress.shtml

Let us not forget this example of the horror and cruelty of terrorism. Deliberately and mercilessly timed for when the town was chock full of kids ......the day before Mothers Day for God's sake! <_<

Yeah, and thats the points, we've had to deal with Terrorism in this country since the 70's, yes the tactics have changed, but the fact that bad people want to hurt as many civilians as possible to make a statement, hasnt.

Archived