BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kids For A Quid Fa Cup 3rd Round Rovers V Coventry

Ricky

The FA have announced that they are underwriting a kids for a quid scheme in some selected 3rd round ties.

We are one of the selected teams, and I'm guessing we'll still receieve the full revenue if its being underwritten by the FA.

I'll get the link now, its on BBC Sport.

BBC Link

Bloody ell, FA in sensible initiative shock.

Nope... FA in 'getting worried about attendances' mode.

The answer isn't simple cos ultimately it involves re discovering the FA cup magic where any team in the country had a decent chance of performing a glorious giant killing, and most teams in the top division given a few home ties had a decent shout at winning the damn thing rather than simply making up the numbers. The top four passing it around now for over a decade has snuffed out any semblance of magic that was still lingering and has effectively killed the competition.

Maybe they shouldn't have let ManUre bugger off a few years back to play in a meaningless fixture then. :rolleyes:

I've no prob with the FA doing that Simon. Thier mistake was that they should not have acted like simpering idiots and should not have let em back in for 5 years or so.

I've no prob with the FA doing that Simon. Thier mistake was that they should not have acted like simpering idiots and should not have let em back in for 5 years or so.

I'm not normally one to defend the Red Scum, but I think you are being a bit harsh. The FA were at that time bidding for the 2006 World Cup and so had to persuade United to go to Brazil and take part in the FIFA World Club Championship, in order to suck-up to Sepp Blatter. United didn't want to go, hence their shambolic performance.

Im sure come the semi-finals there wont be any cheap tickets nocking about from the FA

That's why I'd rather win the league cup and have a special final day out at the new Wembley than fanny around lining the FA's pockets by travelling down there for a semi.

wow, we do like a good moan on here... rovers do a kid for a quid, and its praised mostly... The FA do the smae promotion, and its derided as a sleazy trick of some sort....

Does this mean that those moaning would tell the Fa to stuff their initiative and pay full price anyways?

Archived