BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Come Our Club Is Only Worth 55 Million

waggy

:rover:in the latest take over bid a figure off £55 million was banded about by the press,were does this figure come from.

i remenber ewood being rebuilt for £30 million

the current squad mus be worth £30-£50 million

brockhall must be worth £10 million

these figures do not add up :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover:in the latest take over bid a figure off £55 million was banded about by the press,were does this figure come from.

Gate reciepts and results might have something to do with it...

How are the players valued though? In an accounting world aren't they valued at what they cost depreciating over the life of the contract or something?

Trustees bang head against brick wall.

They get hammered for a fictitious price put about by Dan Williams then they get hammered for being greedy and now they are being hammered for not charging a high enough price!

:rover: only asking a serious question,55 million seems a bargain :brfcsmilie:

We might get 40m TV money per season but as 80% of that goes straight into the players and staffs pockets the investor don't see any of it. It's not profit or an asset, it is revune offset against massive costs. Plus whoever invests is expected to shell out money for transfers, and actually pretty much has to in order to stay competitive in the league. Plus our gates are amongst the lowest and we charge the lowest ticket price.

Not alot worth investing in there! The only way to make money is to sell all our high earners and take the TV money. Thankfully that can't happen due to 20,000 people sitting in the stands each week who could stop it.

To me 55m actually sounds a bit high considering it would be almost impossible to make any money. You wouldn't buy rovers as a business concern at all.

What makes me laugh the most is when the do there annual accounts and the value they give to the playing squad. I think it goes off what the paid – x% each year or something – rather than increasing as the players get better.

Going off the current prices at a minimum anyone that bought Rovers are buying easily £75 million worth of playing talent (Samba £8m, Bentley £12m, Cruz £8m, Nelsen £6m, Reid, McCarthy, Pedersen all worth at least £5m each) – Except for maybe Ooijer, Tugay, Friedel and Mokoena, I don’t see any of our 1st 18 or so players that would go for less than £3 million.

What makes me laugh the most is when the do there annual accounts and the value they give to the playing squad. I think it goes off what the paid – x% each year or something – rather than increasing as the players get better.

Going off the current prices at a minimum anyone that bought Rovers are buying easily £75 million worth of playing talent (Samba £8m, Bentley £12m, Cruz £8m, Nelsen £6m, Reid, McCarthy, Pedersen all worth at least £5m each) – Except for maybe Ooijer, Tugay, Friedel and Mokoena, I don’t see any of our 1st 18 or so players that would go for less than £3 million.

Buying into £75m talent? So basically if you sold the 'machines' (which by the way you don't actually own!) that genrate the largest revenue streams for your bussiness you will be quids in?

Can I suggesst you don't go into bussiness.

I can't see us getting 6m for Nelsen - or 5m for a player who's been injured for 2 years in Reid, 5m for a very out of form McCarthy and 5m for an ever more out of form MGP.

Its funny thogh, this time last season Benni was worth 15m now he is probably barely worth 5m. How these things change. Realistically the market is so volatile that you can't really classify the players as assets. I mean in order to leave for free they can just wait out on their contracts. You could actually make more of a successful case for them being liabilities seeing as they hoover up 80% of all cash that passes through the club...

I would have thought a club which increases its value on the basis of the players getting better would be on a rocky road. I think you'll find PL clubs write-down (or write-off) a players transfer fee over the life of the player's contract.

As someone else said buy the factory, sell all the machinery and then start trying to make something? Hmmmm

Ill bet you a fiver the wage bill for this season is not 40million

Your on. I don't want to take advantage so must make you aware John Williams has state the wage bill for 2007 / 08 is forecasted at £40m

Archived