BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways......

We have a health & safety manager where i work who is thought of as being quite slimey (not by myself, obviously! <_< ). He`s the sort of guy who`d take great pleasure in getting somebody the sack. One of his health & safety mantras is "there`s no such thing as an accident".

When-ever anybody is off sick with an injury, he rings them & 'oins' them to come into work & says "we`ll find you something not physical to do"....you get the jist of the guy.

....Anyway as my thread topic suggests, the lord works in mysterious ways!

During the pre-match warm-up at the Spuds match on Saturday, a certain Mr Bentley kicked a ball that ended up flying into the crowd......hitting our health & safety manager flat in the face!

funny? yes :D

ironic? yes :D

....but even more ironic is the fact he rang in sick on Monday because of it! :lol:

I`m wondering if it will be classed as a 'sports related injury', because i don`t think you get paid for them ;)

WELL DONE MR BENTLEY! WE ALL HAD A JOLLY GOOD LAUGH AT HIS EXPENSE TODAY!!!

I heard the guy lurks these forums :(

Does he now? :unsure: lol!

I`d better watch my back! Might end up in the 'firing-line' myself eh? :wacko:

He does tell everybody at work he`s a big Rovers fan, so i wouldn`t be suprised if he does frequent this board from time to time. It`s not you is it? lol!

Anyway, no names have been mentioned so no harm done. There`s talk of sending Mr Bentley a thankyou card & a case of beer from all at work.....just for cheering us all up during this time of impending redundancies! :tu:

I hear the workers at his last place of employment enjoyed the story too! :lol:

There`s talk of sending Mr Bentley a thankyou card & a case of beer from all at work

I hear the workers at his last place of employment enjoyed the story too! :lol:

Arsenal? I didn't think they had a sense of humour there!

Can remember a few years ago at the Accy Stanley pre-season game, all the players were taking shots at goal like they usually do before a game. Just my luck that the player with probably the hardest shot in the squad, ie Morten Pedersen, smashes the ball over and ###### me right in the face. It was numb for about a week.

My 'appreciation' for him has gradually declined ever since. :)

Thanks for that news Cletus,put a smile on my face,can't wait to see the lads when back on shift,and if he is lurking,he should be back filing or doing something non physical by now,cheers.Maybe a risk assessment is in order?

Thanks for that news Cletus,put a smile on my face,can't wait to see the lads when back on shift,and if he is lurking,he should be back filing or doing something non physical by now,cheers.Maybe a risk assessment is in order?

We should suggest he goes on a refresher course for 'SAFE START' emphasising the 'mind on task' & 'putting yourself in the firing-line' modules?

however the man you refer to sound likes an absolute knob head :closedeyes:

I couldn`t possibly comment on that ;)

Left winger..."Arsenal? I didn't think they had a sense of humour there!"

Not Mr Bentley silly :rolleyes: I mean Mr Health & Safety. I do believe he worked for a well known chemical company over Accrington/Church way & was rather popular there too :)

We have a health & safety manager where i work who is thought of as being quite slimey (not by myself, obviously! <_< ). He`s the sort of guy who`d take great pleasure in getting somebody the sack. One of his health & safety mantras is "there`s no such thing as an accident".

When-ever anybody is off sick with an injury, he rings them & 'oins' them to come into work & says "we`ll find you something not physical to do"....you get the jist of the guy.

They do that here at the last company I worked. If it is a work related injury days lost because of it are a bad thing for the company so we would rather they came to work and did nothing than stay home.

Archived