BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Lawrenson

On the BBC website,lawro has predicted a 2-0 win for Birmingham.now we all know that he hardly says anything good about us.The one thing that caught my eye was the comment about David Moyes being the best manager outside the top 4,with limited resources.That to me is absurd,because he has way more resources than what Hughes has.now if Lawro had said Moyes was the best manager outside the top 4,and not said anything bout limited resources i mite have agreed with him.what do you guys think.Hughes to me is the best manager outside the top 4 with limited resources.

He has more resources, but I don't think you can say it is a shocking call. Moyes is doing a very good job at Everton and he does have a 4th place finish on his record. Some would pick Moyes, some would pick Hughes, I don't think you could say either is a wrong decision.

Everton are 4 points infront of us, after much more spending than us as usual. Didnt they spend £12m on Yakubu alone? Who has more goals him or Roque?

Everton spend more than us each year - usually spend at least £10-£15m. With limited resources, Hughes is by far the better manager. I also believe that if you looked at it position for position, we are the better side. They had a very lucky spell where they kept winning, even though they were playing awful, they were getting alot of luck. Next season will show just how good they are not!

As usual ML's comments re: Rovers are negative. Its not worth getting worked up about.

Everton do get away with the 'not spent much' tag though, whereas in comparison to Rovers they have spent a fortune.

I'm happy that Hughes' good work goes under the radar a little, otherwise we might have lost him to another club by now.

I've also read Martin Samual's column about Newcastle on the Times website, he is a good writer and highlights that even if N'Castle spent £50m where dose that get them, when West Ham, Villa, City, Sunderland, Liverpool also spend that. He fails to mention that its not just about the money - as Hughes has proved since he joined us.

i can't believe people are still taking notice of what lawro writes.

A pointless thread as we have been over this many many times before.

The guy is a half-wit. Enough said.

Mark Lawrenson,

Who gives a xxxx what he thinks,

over paid bottom banger

:lol:

+1...Gary Lineker are "best of freinds"..He is entitled to his opinion..shame he alway slags Rovers but do we care ??..I don't think so...Everton have finished above us and are in many ways a similar team to Rovers..Not much to spend, the gaffer can spot the odd bargain...We can back next season and try to take that elusive fourth spot from the Red Scousers...

Archived