BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London Double-decker Bus Crash

I cannot believe BBC news24 :o

The main headline is "1 woman killed & 9 injured in London double-decker bus crash"

Terrible accident i agree, but it poses the question....."would the exact same accident warrant even a mention on BBC news24 if it happened anywhere else in the country?"

FFS! they`ve even got the BBC helicopter flying around! :wacko:

Do these southern based media parasites realise things like this happen all over the country EVERY day outside the M25.....& rarely get so much as a mention in the news?

Local papers yes, local radio maybe BUT headline top of the hour news on a worldwide TV station.....no

.....unless it`s in bl00dy London!

Sorry, i forgot......London people are far more important than the rest of us aren`t they? silly me! :rolleyes:

I disagree totally with you Flopsy. People get killed every day in road accidents world-wide without so much as a mention on BBC news.

The sole fact that this happened in central London & probably made some people late for work, doesn`t justify license payers money being thrown at chucking a helicopter into the air & half a dozen bloody news crews sent to the scene.

In all honesty,do you think this would have been given a 2nd thought if it had happened on Bolton Rd?

It must be a very slow news day......

Bus accidents and standard road accidents aren't the same. Bus accidents get news coverage all the time.

[/quote

You mean like the Merc that crashed in Paris and didn't get any coverage!

:rover:

I cannot believe BBC news24 :o

The main headline is "1 woman killed & 9 injured in London double-decker bus crash"

Terrible accident i agree, but it poses the question....."would the exact same accident warrant even a mention on BBC news24 if it happened anywhere else in the country?"

FFS! they`ve even got the BBC helicopter flying around! :wacko:

Do these southern based media parasites realise things like this happen all over the country EVERY day outside the M25.....& rarely get so much as a mention in the news?

Local papers yes, local radio maybe BUT headline top of the hour news on a worldwide TV station.....no

.....unless it`s in bl00dy London!

Sorry, i forgot......London people are far more important than the rest of us aren`t they? silly me! :rolleyes:

I used to live on the arnold estate which is at that area - What it does suggest is the type of people who drive public buses today - that is why it has been big news also public services not doing their jobs properly.

At the moment there is a big story on the local news down here about people being able to buy from a website, a fake HGV licence, complete with the paper licence, who are being given jobs etc - often these people are not fit to ride a push bike - let alone a lorry or PSV. This is why the bus accident is currently big news (yes ok because of london as well) the fear is that a lot of fake licences are circulating the COUNTRY as a whole - my view is that effects all of us.

I have a friend who still lives in that area, who has said there is a hidden agenda in the National reporting of this accident today - Nicko would know more on the way the media works than I do.

At one time I used to catch that bus route!

I think there are a number of underlying issues and I hadn't appreciated the problem with false licenses although I thought there were a number of cross-checks done on the license before anyone can start driving a licensed PSV for a licensed carrier.

The pictures are sadly reminiscent of the bus on 7/7 although the causes are dramatically different.

A very pretty girl was the victim when the tree fell on her.

It seems that the tree was falling over through old age and the bus caught the lower branches as it passed making it a freak accident to say the least.

Throughout the UK there is a huge problem about urban trees. Many are coming to the end of their natural lives so are falling down/being blown down on their own causing huge damage. Then there are the issues of root systems damaging adjacent buildings, particularly in dry hot summers and the balance between pruning and aesthetic appeal.

A similar accident happening in the provinces as opposed to next to Tower Bridge would not have been so immediately easy for the media to give so much coverage to though.

there was a bus crash a few years back where the driver hit a bridge that didn't have sufficient clearance to allow a bus through. That was up north and it got fairly substantial coverage.

So to say this is only being covered 'cos it's "Oop North" is nonsense.

Well it was a freak accident but we in these areas have tree wardens who make it their business to keep a check on such trees, so the citizens of Chorley won't (hopefully) get clobbered by one.

Well it was a freak accident but we in these areas have tree wardens who make it their business to keep a check on such trees, so the citizens of Chorley won't (hopefully) get clobbered by one.

Let`s hope it doesn`t happen in Chorley, mum ;)

....& if it ever did happen where you live, i very much doubt they`d scramble helicopters, news crews & make it top of the hour world-wide headlines.

....& if it ever did happen where you live, i very much doubt they`d scramble helicopters, news crews & make it top of the hour world-wide headlines.

no but then they dont have that equipment in a small town 20 miles form the next big city. Whereas London, which is the country's capital has. Who would have thunked it? But they would have got a camera crew out there as soon as they could.

Well there seems to be one hanging around fairly often so it could make itself useful for once <_<:D

Archived