BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Who Will Be The New Doctor?

Or most likely they will find some way for the regeneration to get messed up probably due to only getting half shot and his arm being conveniently placed on the Tardis floor during this episode.

Oh and the fact they have already filmed the Christmas special.

You mean the bubbling hand in a jar?

Think that will definitely have something to do with it - but even so, what a cliffhanger!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he played a scot in something I saw?

Meh, can't even remember the guys name!

That said, can't see him as the next doctor....but then I don't know who I think would be good in the role either

Bruce Campbell maybe?!

He played Gordon Brown in The Deal, which was about the Labour leadership during the mid 1990's.

I wouldn't mind Eddie Izzard being the next doctor. Just get rid of Catherine 'even more thinly veiled routine I normally do than Dennis Leary on Demolition Man' Tate. She is awful and should be banned from the TV.

This new doctor who has become a bit dull over the last few years. Same old stuff with the Darleks and Cybermen appearing every series. There should be more new aliens and worlds, and fewer Earth based stories. Oh, and I liked Ecclestone more than Tennant.

For myself who grew up peeping round the sofa terrified of the daleks, they ARE Dr. Who - anything else without them in isn't particularly worth watching.

Tuned into the last episodes on V+ last night and it was great to see Davros again, haven't seen the old boy since "Genesis of the Daleks" c1975 and he doesn't seem to have aged a jot! :lol:

Likewise was wonderful to see Sarah Jane (Elisabeth Sladen) for the first time in a similar period looking remarkably hot for her age. :blush:

Very clever use of nostalgia from the writers which would be completely lost on younger viewers I guess.

As for the Doctor, was gutted when Christopher Ecclestone left but I think Tennant is excellent as well.

It was the first time I'd seen Catherine Tate as the Doc's assistant, and thank god she's gone.

I think she's great in the Catherine Tate show, but her Dr. who character just seemed to be a weird amalgam of several of her comedy characters.

Rev, she's been quite good through the series, different to the last two, but still quite good, but then again I think the CT show is shocking.

Without Daleks, Dr Who is nothing.

Extermanirung Extermanirung Extermanirung

• 3 months later...
She turned 60 in February!

Astonishingly good looking for her age and even more so in real life.

Obviously knocking around with a Time Lord has rubbed off on her.

........... Sounds like Rev Blue and Beta Ray Bill have been doing a bit of that too! ;)

I've divided my choices into catagories so you can choose what sort of doctor you want. These are in no order:

Older Doctor:

1. Andrew Sachs

2. Michael Gambon

3. Bill Nighy

Younger or not so old crazy doctor:

1. Eddie Izzard

2. Vic Reeves

3. John Simm (although they'd have to do some lateral thinking as he was The Master a while ago)

4. Richard E. Grant

5. Rhys Ifans

More serious Doctor:

1. Kevin McKidd

2. David Morrissey

3. Ciran Hinds

Darker Doctor:

1. James Purefoy

Female Doctor:

1. Jennifer Saunders

2. Amanda Redman

3. Joanna Lumley

I've divided my choices into catagories so you can choose what sort of doctor you want. These are in no order:

Roman Doctor:

1. Kevin McKidd

2. Ciran Hinds

3. James Purefoy

:D

McKidd would be superb, and would be very different to Tennant. Not so sure on the other two.

Quite like the idea of Paterson Joseph, although it will never happen. Morrisey would be too obvious, especially in light of this years Christmas special. Couldn't see Nesbitt sticking around. Sean Pertwee would be very good, a brooding figure likely to burst into action and he'd soon dispel any thoughts of his father. A woman would not work.

• 1 year later...

18 months to re-generate!!!! William Hartnell turned into Patrick Troughton and then into colour and Jon Pertwee in a jacksniff.

btw As essentially Dr Who is a childrens programme I certainly hope the new Dr Who isn't pimping around for Capt Jack in the new series..... no wonder the Time Lords died out is it? :rolleyes:

Also despite being 900 plus the Dr seemed quite happy to portray Cribbens as a feeble old knacker at 80. On top of that the new Doctor's priority was to frantically check that his regeneration had not turned him into a woman or a ginger! So thats homophobia, ageism, sexism and colour prejudice all knocked for six by the supposedly pc correct Beeb in one single episode of a childrens programme. Not a problem apparently but with our skewed slant on the world I'm sure all hell would have broken out if they'd included a mirror so that he could have a quick check to see that he'd avoided becoming a pakistani too. :rolleyes::lol:

Very slow acting radiation poisoning clearly... his last words were quite poignant though!

Really sad to see Tennant go - the crescendo of episodes at the end of the fourth series, from Silence in the Library through Midnight, Turn Left and into the Dalek episodes at the end were some of the best TV for many a year.

btw As essentially Dr Who is a childrens programme I certainly hope the new Dr Who isn't pimping around for Capt Jack in the new series..... no wonder the Time Lords died out is it? :rolleyes:

Also despite being 900 plus the Dr seemed quite happy to portray Cribbens as a feeble old knacker at 80. On top of that the new Doctor's priority was to frantically check that his regeneration had not turned him into a woman or a ginger! So thats homophobia, ageism, sexism and colour prejudice all knocked for six by the supposedly pc correct Beeb in one single episode of a childrens programme. Not a problem apparently but with our skewed slant on the world I'm sure all hell would have broken out if they'd included a mirror so that he could have a quick check to see that he'd avoided becoming a pakistani too. :rolleyes::lol:

my little lad said "is the new dr ,gay?"

Archived