BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Who Will Be The New Doctor?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or most likely they will find some way for the regeneration to get messed up probably due to only getting half shot and his arm being conveniently placed on the Tardis floor during this episode.

Oh and the fact they have already filmed the Christmas special.

David Tennants "Doctor" is regenerating...

Not sure about regenerating ......more like degenerating .

Tennant has been pretty feeble compared to Christopher Ecclestone .

A woman Doctor next eh ...? We're on the slippery slope I'm afraid . :mellow:

Tennant has been pretty feeble compared to Christopher Ecclestone .

I couldn't disagree more. I didn't want Tennant to take over and thought he would be awful but i think he has been brilliant. His crazyness has been perfect for the doctor.

I wouldn't mind a woman doctor but it would be a strange one.

Tennant is too wild eyed and "zany" for my liking - too much like Tom Baker in that respect .

Ecclestone gave the character much more depth .

Without wishing to sound sexist I just can't possibly see how a female Doctor will have credibility . It all sounds like a typical BBC committee decision .......she'll probably be a black vegetarian with lesbian leanings ..... :mellow:

I liked Eccleston but thought he played "straight" excellently, but when he tried to be funny, he just looked like he was at a gurning competititon.

i think Tennants, has been excellent, and possibly the best I can remember, but that makes it between him, Eccleston, McCoy and Tristan from All Creatures, so its not that hard to be on top.

I have also been surprised at how good Katherine Tate, the unfunny one from the Katherine Tate Show, has been as the doctor's sidekick.

A women would be a bad bad bad idea.

I have it on good authority that Tennant will be replaced by another scottish actor called David McDonald.

In all seriousness, He is not leaving, the regeneration will be botched. There will be a happy ending for him and Rose and they will all live happily ever after.

Mr Davies has a fixation with the Darleks. Whilst i do like the see them, i wouldn't have them destroyed and then reappeared again every series.

Also the structure of his series is getting a bit predictable. Hopefully the new guy will shake it up a bit.

Steven Moffat (sp?) is taking over principal writing duties for the next series, but iirc there's going to be four hour-long specials next year followed by a new series in 2010, Moffat was the guy that penned the episode in the library and he also was responsible for the cool ep last season with the statues that only moved when you blinked....

Imo, Russel Davies likes his wholesale Sci-Fi plot devices too much, too many "hitting the reset button" jobs when it comes to resolving things in episodes - like the one the week before last....

Anyway, I just read somewhere that David Tennant will last until mid-way through the 2010 season, make of that what you will....

No idea who will replace him, that guy from Basic Instinct 2, James Nesbit, Ralph Little, Internet speculation is rife....

I thought David Morrissey was English?

Maybe he played a scot in something I saw?

Meh, can't even remember the guys name!

That said, can't see him as the next doctor....but then I don't know who I think would be good in the role either

Bruce Campbell maybe?!

Archived