BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

All this talk of getting rid of The Axe is a joke.

He is one of our squad players, nothing more. He is able to fill in anywhere across the midfield and has never been vocal about wanting to leave the club.

If we get rid, we will be weaker as a squad. We are already weaker with other comings and goings.

To keep dissing him is pathetic. Shame on you all!

:lol:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I believe that he did make discontented noises at one point last season. He's the captain of his country after all, so might want more regular football to keep that place especially if a midfield enforcer was acquired as seems to be the plan

Why waste time?

exactly!

that's why only skimmed your negative dross, and even then it was a waste of the few seconds.

You're just another of the many that have it in for Ince, typical negative rovers fan - always prefer to be miserable & moan. If we'd have got the best manager in the world, had loads of cash to spend, brought in the best players, you'd still moan about the new away strip or something.

I just refuse to believe that Andrews will come. I've blown my bonnet about it. As all have said what can he possibly offer the club, at least stead was young and had potential.

1.5M fee prob at least 10K a week minimum 3years is another 1.5M so 3M minimum outlay on a player that was not good enough for Wolves. We have precious little money as it stands, and to be signing players for that kinda money who are entering the latter stages of a career is not good.

We have Pineapple and Dunn for that role, I do worry at the moment this story just will not go away and can seriously see him being sneaked in. If we need another midfielder then spend the money on a kid Bostock cost spurs less. As I've said I'm reserved over Ince, but give him ten games to convince me he's the right man, he was a top midfielder he must see something we don't but what???

3M is serious dollar for us spend it wisely!

Obviously Robinson doesn't believe the Keith Andrews story either :D

"There's no reason Rovers can't push on. If you hear the players the manager wants to bring in, there is no reason we can't push for a European place. I know this club is right for me, going in the right direction and very stable.2

Steady now...you were telling me there was nothing in the Bentley-Robinson-Friedel stories two weeks ago.

Do you know if there's any truth in this Nicko; Hughes' top target is Santa Cruz:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20676928/

The headline is definitely interesting - whoever wrote it seems to be getting mixed up as to where Hughes is / was!

There are two good reasons why that will not happen.

Man City do not have that kind of money, they are trying to sign Ben Haim on LOAN. His agent is Pini Zahavi, who started flirting with Sparky when he was angling for a move from Blackburn. Zahavi is also mates of Kia Joorabchian who is conducting most of City's transfer business just now.

Zahavi is also the agent of Benayoun, another player linked with City today.

I don't believe City have the money to afford Roque - unless they sell Micah Richards.

Just for the terminally neurotic - which probably includes me. Just watching the end of the Spurs show on Sky Sports News and the southern Journo who was reviewing transfers finally said a few words about Rovers (didn't catch it all so someone else might be kind enough to oblige) but the gist of it was;

- You just know Blackburn will replace Bentley

- Ince will end proving himself an 'inspirational manager'

- they'll just keep on going and prove a force again next season

Best bit

- "there is something inside that club"

So now you know - the club is possessed and the trustees front demonic forces beyond the understanding of the southern media!

On Bentley - no worries about loosing him. Season before last was his best. He'll get one game on the bench at WHL before Christmas, play up there too (He has 18 months and looses it) and bobs your Uncle - Meeting with Keano pencilled in for March by my reckoning with Ramos' patience span. Any bets for worst value transfer of 2008?

The grass is not always greener on the other side mr Hughes.

I hope the Bentley saga ends today, with him completing his move away from our small, inadeqaute club.

I am hoping the Chilean is an amazing player and we soon forget about Mr Bentley.

Steele cannot leave this early into his contract, surely?

Keith Andrews is better than Mokoena, but again both are not Premiership quality.

I would have either Pennant or Lennon, but maybe SWP is interested in getting his career back on track with us?

There are two good reasons why that will not happen.

Man City do not have that kind of money, they are trying to sign Ben Haim on LOAN. His agent is Pini Zahavi, who started flirting with Sparky when he was angling for a move from Blackburn. Zahavi is also mates of Kia Joorabchian who is conducting most of City's transfer business just now.

Zahavi is also the agent of Benayoun, another player linked with City today.

I don't believe City have the money to afford Roque - unless they sell Micah Richards.

I wonder what Hughsey is thinking now - he must have really burnt his bridges here with the Chelsea business to think they were a better option or maybe Rovers decided he'd done all he could and we needed someone better to take us on to the next level.. All this debt will surely come home to roost for Hughes as well as Citeh..

Time to bid for our new right back? Come on down Micah - we can pay in cash if you want!

Apart from all of Newcastles buys, I believe he will be on par with Keane as the worst value transfer Prof :)

I forgot about him! He would be good for a goal or two though wouldn't he?

Time to bid for our new right back? Come on down Micah - we can pay in cash if you want!

:D:D

Some people make me laugh.

Why do people think we could afford to buy people like Richards ?

Rovers will never spend anything over 10M for a player, ever.

The money from the Bentley sale will be eaten up by small sale purchases.

:D:D

Some people make me laugh.

Why do people think we could afford to buy people like Richards ?

Rovers will never spend anything over 10M for a player, ever.

The money from the Bentley sale will be eaten up by small sale purchases.

It was rhetorical. <_<

Nicko,

Any substance to Rovers being interested in Duff. (Warnock not being part of the transfer)

I understand that Duff also has some sort of problem with international clearance due to medicine being used to combat hay fever.

Firstly I want to say I'm disappointed that Bentley decided to leave and I'm not happy with the way he went about it but I don't know why people are kidding themselves about his ability.

He was a fantastic player for us and will be for Tottenham. People are suggesting he'll play a couple of games and then be on the bench? I think people are strongly over rating Tottenham. Bentley will be a first team regular for them and be one of their better players. Zokora? Jenas? Modric? Huddlestone? Lennon? He's better than all of them, Dos Santos I haven't saw enough to comment on.

It's sad Bentley is going and like I said I'm disappointed with the way he is leaving and the sour taste it leaves in the mouth but I won't forget his performances for the club and how well he has done for us and will continue to do for Tottenham.

Keith Andrews is all about strengthening the squad, this transfer saga is going on for a while now so Ince is obviously taking his time to decide if he wants him or not. If he does then I trust Ince's judgement that this player must have something. I've got to be honest aside from the odd appearance here and there I've never really seen him play, have any of you???

Yes it was a shame to lose Brad but that was about money and for a circa cost of £750,000 what better replacement could we have brought in other than Robinson?

We've been rejecting bids for Wanock and the Duff thing is a combination of speculation and what they offered us, not what we asked for. Ince has done nothing wrong here except reject bids for one of our talented players.

Villanueva looks like a very exciting player and could well be a big hit, full credit to Ince for moving in on that one as the deal now looks done.

Castillo, well we brought him in on trial, had a good look at him and decided against spending 6 million on him. Good work again by Ince, no rash decisions, taking his time and having a good look at players first before wasting money on them.

Fowler is on trial and trial only for now, any contract is likely to be heavily performance based so what's the problem with that? If he doesn't prove his fitness he will not get a contract full stop, and then even if he does it will only cost us really if he performs well, I'm sure none of us are going to argue about that. The likes of Derbyshire, Rigters can all learn from this man, his finishing ability, movement off the ball and experience could be vital in the development of some of our youngsters.

As Nicko has told us he's been having a look at a lot of right backs, again no rash signings but scouring the market having a look at a lot of players making sure we get the best possible value for money.

So in my opinion Ince is doing a good job so far, taking his time and looking to bring in quality and not quantity. I'm still happy with his appointment and looking forward to the new season.

I don't know why Blackburn supporters can't get on board and give this guy a chance without criticising everything he does before a competitive ball is even kicked.

Let's be honest as well, Ince didn't force himself on the Blackburn job, he didn't hold a gun to anyone's head (As far as I'm aware) to make them give him the job, so if your frustrations lie anywhere then it's with the people responsible for appointing him.

Long live Blackburn, long live Ince.

Oh on a side note for Friedel I see he says today that it will be hard to break into the top 4 with Everton, Spurs and Portsmouth all pushing hard for the European places. Well my love for Friedel is rapidly dissappearing, I think that other club you used to play for, BLACKBURN! might be fancy themselves for a push for Europe too Brad, forgotten about us already?

Archived