BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anything on warnock? what about carlos villanueva?

Newcastle were meant to make a 'third and final' bid - but I'm not sure that they have.

Villanueva is here and about to be unveiled.

Mind you, he could do with some serious company in the signings department too.

Robinson, Villanueva, Fowler [maybe], Andrews [possibly] and a right back would be a decent handful...but only one is actually signed up full-time so far.

Nicko do you think there will be other possible right midfield targets that haven`t been mentioned?

Hope so, it would be wrong just to leap at Pennant. Hopefully they will know of other targets and watch them - fast.

PS

Is this a good time to mention that Burnley have signed SIX players at a total cost of almost £4 million?

Newcastle were meant to make a 'third and final' bid - but I'm not sure that they have.

Villanueva is here and about to be unveiled.

Mind you, he could do with some serious company in the signings department too.

Robinson, Villanueva, Fowler [maybe], Andrews [possibly] and a right back would be a decent handful...but only one is actually signed up full-time so far.

Thanks Nicko, great job yet again!

Nicko,

Was the compensation to MK Dons, for Ince disclosed.

I was led to believe by the financial brains on here we had.

10mill

3 mill trustees

5 mill hughes

7 mill Bentley

2.5-3 mill Freidel

- Robinson

- Ince compo.

- .5 mill Villanauve.

25m ish,

What would be your estimate of the transfer kitty.

Uh no. We had 10 million or so. Then we get 7 million to spend immediately from the Bentley sale (I think that's what Nicko meant), giving us a grand total of 17 million.

So we won't be outspending anybody in particular.

Surely we get £10m from the Bentley sale? We pay Arsenal 50% of the profit which is £14m leaving us with £10m from this.

With the 10m we supposedly had at the start, the extra £3m from the Trustees, less say £1m for the Robinson/Friedel deals we might have around £22m ish.

Surely we get £10m from the Bentley sale? We pay Arsenal 50% of the profit which is £14m leaving us with £10m from this.

With the 10m we supposedly had at the start, the extra £3m from the Trustees, less say £1m for the Robinson/Friedel deals we might have around £22m ish.

You are probably closer. I was just assuming the Hughes cash was swallowed up by paying compensation and inevitably the trust will take a chunk.

Forgot they are giving 3 million as well.

What would be your estimate of the transfer kitty.

You would hope £20 million now.

If not, why not?

I said at the start of the window that these next few weeks are huge...now it's about landing some good players to give the thing a lift.

Selling Friedel was necessary in the end, buying Robinson a reasonable option. selling Bentley for THAT money is sound business.

But now it's about how it is spent. Villanueva could be excellent, a right back, midfield enforcer, maybe a right winger...and things could look good.

JAL ..hearsay and innuendo has a nasty way of promoting cynicism and despair. Just remind me why Rovers have recruited Tim Howerd (Sp?) the sports scientist to supervise late night drinking sessions and "sit-up" training sessions?

True, and i think the player coming out with is will be bombed out of the club pretty soonish if not now definitely by xmas.

BENTLEY - Don't let the team bus hit you on the way out!

PENNANT - At 6 million he is way too expensive, i think around about what we paid for Robo should be his sum. SkySports have been pushing his name as a replacement (due to their sources) all day long!

Personally, id rather we looked abroad for a new RM, maybe one thats under the age of 25. I was personally kind of hoping we could get someone more Bentley's age!

INCOMING - WHO WHO WHO!! :lol:

TARGETS - Personally i dont think we need a new goalie. Brown has shown he can do a decent stand in job! If we had too, the only name id be interested in is Niemi! Rb is needed, a holding midfielder... Annan? Attacking central midfielder... Bradley? RM... Look above! Still feel another CB couldnt hurt!

BUDGET - 50% of 17 million is 8.5? So call it 8 + 10 million original budget + 3 million Walker Trusties - say 1 for Robbo = £20 million surely...?

FIELDING - He needs to improve badly after his performance against Sporting. Good luck to the lad!

TOTTENHAM STRIKER - Don't care!! :lol:

Skysports - 23.00 Sky Sports News understands that David Bentley will undergo a medical at Tottenham on Wednesday morning. A deal to take the Blackburn winger to White Hart Lane is expected to be pushed through in the next 24 hours.

I think they're trying to pinch your 11 o'clocker!!

Archived