BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

And with that statement what little credibility you had went flying right out of the window.

Derbyshire 1) cannot beat a man 2) has only average pace 3) isn't physically strong enough 4) can't play with his back to goal 5) is a poor header of a ball etc etc etc

Which probably explains why he sits on the Rovers bench most of the time.

It must be the weather - they're all out today!

Average pace - who're you comparing him to - a Chinese EPO blood doped lurcher - he's rapid. While he's slight he is very strong - did you see the Euro under 21 game against Holland - took and gave a real battering. Santa Cruz and Benni are back to goal players - you use a Derbs type player to run off them.

You've just covered all the qualities Messi an Ronaldo have, not a young developing Rovers striker.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWP is happy to sit on a bench and pick £70k a week up, why would he want to come here? He has shown no desire to play, seems happy to take the cash. Also Scolari has already said he want SWP to stay.

It must be the weather - they're all out today!

Average pace - who're you comparing him to - a Chinese EPO blood doped lurcher - he's rapid. While he's slight he is very strong - did you see the Euro under 21 game against Holland - took and gave a real battering. Santa Cruz and Benni are back to goal players - you use a Derbs type player to run off them.

You've just covered all the qualities Messi an Ronaldo have, not a young developing Rovers striker.

Derbyshire hasn't "developed" since he first broke through 2 years ago. He scores the occasional goal but his allround play isn't good enough to warrant a starting place.

End of story.

Next.

And with that statement what little credibility you had went flying right out of the window.

Derbyshire 1) cannot beat a man 2) has only average pace 3) isn't physically strong enough 4) can't play with his back to goal 5) is a poor header of a ball etc etc etc

Which probably explains why he sits on the Rovers bench most of the time.

Matty is one of the fastest players at the club jim mk2, and HE IS A NATURAL FINISHER, maybe the other points you make are valid except the heading bit but Matty out of all our local lads has the most potential to make the grade in the premiership.

The lad needs to be left alone and develop at his own pace which he has been doing so far, patience is required jim mk2, Matty has to build his strength up but i'd rather have Matty coming off the bench or starting than some ageing footballer on his last pay day.

Personally I don't see the point in JW coming out and saying that Warnock isn't for sale. Everyone is for sale at the right price. If NUFC want to pay us silly money for him then I reckon we should sell and get someone else in. I would be sorry to see him go as he's a good player but everyone has his price. I wouldn't touch Duff though, he's had his day (great though his day was) and we now have MGP and Carlos on the left.

Bentley too is over priced at £17M and we should cash in and replace him with someone else.

It's worth selling anyone if someone is paying over the odds as long as you can get good replacements in, which we should be able to do with the money we are getting.

The 1 exception to this would be RSC. It would cost a fortune, which we can't afford, to replace his goals. If he does as well this year as he did last he will inevitably leave either in Januray or next summer so Ince had better be thinking of contingencies for when he leaves right now.

Personally I don't see the point in JW coming out and saying that Warnock isn't for sale. Everyone is for sale at the right price. If NUFC want to pay us silly money for him then I reckon we should sell and get someone else in. I would be sorry to see him go as he's a good player but everyone has his price. I wouldn't touch Duff though, he's had his day (great though his day was) and we now have MGP and Carlos on the left.

Bentley too is over priced at £17M and we should cash in and replace him with someone else.

It's worth selling anyone if someone is paying over the odds as long as you can get good replacements in, which we should be able to do with the money we are getting.

The 1 exception to this would be RSC. It would cost a fortune, which we can't afford, to replace his goals. If he does as well this year as he did last he will inevitably leave either in Januray or next summer so Ince had better be thinking of contingencies for when he leaves right now.

That's how we got relegated last time, replacing great players with guys not up to the same level. Who do you suggest we get in to replace Warnock ? Maybe we should go with the kid who's played a handful of games ( Ollson) or opt for the lightening speed and tigerish tackling of Ped.

According to JW in today's LT Ince's absolute priority is a holding midfielder.

I think that is not a shift, it's just Pineapple head is in the bag so thats the "attacking midfielder" sorted out. Next stop holding/defensive midfielder (whatever you like to call it) then right back and then, I guess, striker. Unless Warnock or Bentley leave as then we need to adress those rapidly.

A lot going on!

Serious question nicko,

What is the credibility of the coaching staff with the players, been getting more negative rumours that it aint sounding good regarding this matter.

The players seem like they are fed up of continually doing sit-ups.

What is the evidence for this assertion that the players "are fed up of continually doing sit-ups?" Who is your source for this allegation? All I seem to read from you is negativity and hearsay. Have you been out to Germany or Portugal with the squad? You are certainly doing your best to make everyone miserable! Are you privy to the training regime at the club?

I continually stress to my history students to ask "what is the evidence?" If you have a source name him or her and then we can test the evidence otherwise can I suggest you stop making this type of statement.

not great that amdy faye rumours resurface around the same time as we are after holding players. On a side note really wish brad had said it was purely financial that he left in his conference, instead of the rambling answer he gave that made rovers out to be not the greatest club to be at right now.

Thought he didn't really seem at ease either. But why the need to go on about the possible sale of the club etc? Notwithstanding the fact that if the squad had performed as they should have we would have finished 6th and not Villa. Or maybe it's all just me feeling a bit grumpy.

not great that amdy faye rumours resurface around the same time as we are after holding players. On a side note really wish brad had said it was purely financial that he left in his conference, instead of the rambling answer he gave that made rovers out to be not the greatest club to be at right now.

Missed friedels conference, what did he say?

Nicko, where exactly are Sky's supposed sources, that have us linked with Pennant?

Is this Pennant's agent or is it Liverpool's attempt at raising further cash for Gaz Barry...? I really hope we dont replace Bentley with Pennant, that would be very disappointing... :unsure:

Nicko, where exactly are Sky's supposed sources, that have us linked with Pennant?

Is this Pennant's agent or is it Liverpool's attempt at raising further cash for Gaz Barry...? I really hope we dont replace Bentley with Pennant, that would be very disappointing... :unsure:

The only pennant I want to see at Ewood is one that says Premier League Champions 2010-2011 season.

Hopefully this could mean no move from City for Cruz, fingers crossed anyway.

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra's struggle to clear his name and recover £800m took another turn for the worse yesterday when a court in Bangkok accepted charges in a third criminal case against the former Thai Prime Minister.

Thaksin and dozens of government workers and ministers are accused of abuse of power in a state lottery that lost around £500m from 2003. The telecoms billionaire must now await a court hearing in September which will decree whether he and 46 others involved in alleged tax exemption and misspending irregularities must repay the money.

He did tell me there was one!

Think it involved warnock and other premier goings on!

he also said there was something but couldnt give anything away at this

time!

He said their would be news about Robbie Fowler too...

Oh, how im holding my breathe with anticipation of good news! :rolleyes:

Archived