BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whilst most of us appreciate that, the point is that it potentially reduces the chances of derbyshire coming on in games, hence denying him of valuable playing time and experience. but in searching for a bright spot, i'm trying to convince myself that this could be good for us if fowler is used sporadically, and contributes to tutoring young matty. this would be invaluable coaching for derbyshire, who in my opinion, is probably the most natural young finisher in the english game right now. Their similarities in size, instinct and playing style would mean that fowler would make an excellent mentor - if he is brought in for that purpose. my only worry is if ince starts playing fowler regularly as one of the first three strikers.

SIZE! Fowler is twice as wide as Derbs. Derbs just needs games.

Oh god no! This just hold up the development of people like Derbyshire.

Why jump to that conclusion? You don't know which role Fowler is going to play. If he's taking the role of 5th choice striker (Derbs being 3rd/4th) and mentor, then how exactly does it hold up his development? Now we don't know which role he is going to play, which is exactly why definitive statements like how it will hurt the club, hurt the development of Derbs etc. are so ridiculous. It's one thing to speculate that it might, it's another to repeateatedly claim it as a fact.

Do you think that Fowler is going to sit on the bench/stands for the last couple of years that he plays? He's already wealthy due to football and property, so I worry that he's been promised something.... :huh:

If it was me, I'd just want to play football at this stage of my career......not 5th in line bench warming.

Why jump to that conclusion? You don't know which role Fowler is going to play. If he's taking the role of 5th choice striker (Derbs being 3rd/4th) and mentor, then how exactly does it hold up his development? Now we don't know which role he is going to play, which is exactly why definitive statements like how it will hurt the club, hurt the development of Derbs etc. are so ridiculous. It's one thing to speculate that it might, it's another to repeateatedly claim it as a fact.

5th choice striker? Okay - but I'd make him 6th after Gally and would only pay him on appearances on the pitch..some injury crisis we're expecting then eh?

Serious question nicko,

What is the credibility of the coaching staff with the players, been getting more negative rumours that it aint sounding good regarding this matter.

The players seem like they are fed up of continually doing sit-ups.

It's a Spurs story - making us feel sorry for them...while they do the same by pushing through a move for Bentley.

What goes around etc.

When will it come around for us?

Serious question nicko,

What is the credibility of the coaching staff with the players, been getting more negative rumours that it aint sounding good regarding this matter.

This needs an answer JAL.

anything interesting?

He said that what happened at Spurs stays at Spurs, he is looking forward to a fresh start.

One line i was quite impressed with is he seemed to think he wanted to play out his career at Rovers, 7 or so years. It just made me think that he has serious aspirations for the club... The interviewer spent most the time talking too him bringing up his mistakes and what was going on at WHL though... Don't think she realised he had moved to Rovers? :lol:

Personally I think if Derbyshire was that good then Ince wouldn't be contemplating Fowler. I like Derbyshire because he's a product of the academy and he's decent. I don't think he's anything more than that, nor will he become anything more than that.

Can people honeslty see Matty as a regular goal-scorer in the Premiership? OK, so Fowler may not reach that level again (and I doubt he'll be a regular starter either) but there may be other advantages as to why Fowler is here.

Derbyshires goal tally is pretty impressive, considering he rarely gets starts!

He scores goals for U21's aswell!

5th choice striker? Okay - but I'd make him 6th after Gally and would only pay him on appearances on the pitch..some injury crisis we're expecting then eh?

I started writing a reply to this, before I realised that you'd actually now gone back on your previous post, and made my argument for me. You said that it would (Not that it might, but that it would) hurt Derbs development. Yet now you're saying that he'll be 6th choice, and thus behind Derbs in the picking order, and hence not standing in his way. And how a 6th choice striker (I suspect 5th as I'd expect Gally and Rigters to go out on loan, or even be sold, but that's neither here nor there) on a pay as you play deal hurts the club, I don't know. I'm not an optimist, but I'm also not an extreme pessimist trying to find something negative in everything I come across.

You sure change your opinion fast, but I'm glad that we're agreed.

Can people honeslty see Matty as a regular goal-scorer in the Premiership? OK, so Fowler may not reach that level again (and I doubt he'll be a regular starter either) but there may be other advantages as to why Fowler is here.

When Derbs is on the pitch and playing in his proper position he always seems to get goalscoring opportunities that more often than not he puts away. He has that natural goalscoring instinct and ability.

I think he has the potential to become a top premier league striker and possibly become an England regular.

Serious question nicko,

I heard from our gardner who also does one of the player's gardens that they weren't happy. He said that on the recent trip they were all looking to impress the new manager but they hardly saw him as he was elsewhere. He also mentioned that some players were up late each night drinking.

Really hope this isn't correct.

Nicko has the priority switched.. in this article http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...3882756,00.html JW clearly mentions that a defensive midfielder is now Rovers priority..

If we are tracking that Bresc guy then Ince must be looking defensive midfield, RW, Attacking midfielder and a right back I guess... and as its looking more likely Bents is off.. we should be able to land some decent players given around 12m left and 13m for selling Bentley (not to mention the wage bill savings).

I heard from our gardner who also does one of the player's gardens that they weren't happy. He said that on the recent trip they were all looking to impress the new manager but they hardly saw him as he was elsewhere. He also mentioned that some players were up late each night drinking.

Really hope this isn't correct.

Brilliant.

I hope it's not correct also. Multi-millionaires drinking whilst on pre-season in Portugal! Whatever next!

SkySports news believes Bentley will complete his transfer to Spurs tonight, and that we are lining up Pennant to replace him... :rolleyes:

That would be ..whats the word...Criminal!

When Derbs is on the pitch and........

I think he has the potential to become a top premier league striker and possibly become an England regular.

And with that statement what little credibility you had went flying right out of the window.

Derbyshire 1) cannot beat a man 2) has only average pace 3) isn't physically strong enough 4) can't play with his back to goal 5) is a poor header of a ball etc etc etc

Which probably explains why he sits on the Rovers bench most of the time.

And with that statement what little credibility you had went flying right out of the window.

Derbyshire 1) cannot beat a man 2) has only average pace 3) isn't physically strong enough 4) can't play with his back to goal 5) is a poor header of a ball etc etc etc

Which probably explains why he sits on the Rovers bench most of the time.

I agree

Gallagher and derbyshire will never make regular Premiership players

Serious question nicko,

I know the Bolton players did not rate Knox but I would love to find this one out too??? Any ideas anyone or are any of you going along to watch training now they are back?

When Derbs is on the pitch and playing in his proper position he always seems to get goalscoring opportunities that more often than not he puts away. He has that natural goalscoring instinct and ability.

I would like to see him get a run of games not in out and shake him all about!

NICKO - I take it the spurs striker is a replacement for Keane??? Also if we sell them Bentley can we not include a clause that means that cannot bid for RSC this year, should berba leave???

I started writing a reply to this, before I realised that you'd actually now gone back on your previous post, and made my argument for me. You said that it would (Not that it might, but that it would) hurt Derbs development. Yet now you're saying that he'll be 6th choice, and thus behind Derbs in the picking order, and hence not standing in his way. And how a 6th choice striker (I suspect 5th as I'd expect Gally and Rigters to go out on loan, or even be sold, but that's neither here nor there) on a pay as you play deal hurts the club, I don't know. I'm not an optimist, but I'm also not an extreme pessimist trying to find something negative in everything I come across.

You sure change your opinion fast, but I'm glad that we're agreed.

Awe alright, just trying to build bridges - to be honest I'd have him down as too unsavoury to be working with the younger strikers, to fat to be working with the seniors and to wide for a place on the bench - he'd need two places on the bench LH. i wouldn't let him within a ten mile radius of Ewood let alone Brockhole. He has nothing to offer us in my opinion..

Archived