BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
were have you heard this from Sparky, i will be amazed if Spurs were going to pay that much for Bents, but i am sure Rovers will be happy with that fee

just from a friend who lives down in brockhall. he says he has heard it going round there

Edit: sorry 20 million not 20.3

still i high price though

cheers Nicko looks like Ince has made his decision today then, i think Fowler will be 2nd signing of the summer at Rovers.

I think he was the 1st. He was always going to sign him in my view.

A trial made things sound a bit better, and gave people time to get used to the idea.

I'm happy enough with it, not much to lose.

If he can come on and stick a few away and be a positive addition off the field then it's a good deal for all.

Coloccini is too expensive for all but the dreamers of this world...

Fabriccio has matured quite a bit of late, Nicko. He had a long

spell on the sidelines (06-07) when he couldn't get on (why? no idea)

with a gaffer. In fact, he had his agent look into a season long loan

deal with his beloved San Lorenzo. That was nixed & he returned last season

when Depor readjusted their setup.

Upon his return he scored important goals, the squad seemed to always support him

and most importantly: he 's kept himself on the pitch.

cheers

PS- For those that say that Coloccini's arrival wouldn't impact NewC's interest in Warnock,

position-wise you are spot on, but the arrival would have a huge impact on the budget.

Can NewC still chase after others after paying anywhere between 8-12 million for him???

Another reason why this will get done is Keegan's prediliction for dodgy barnets...... Coloccini's

'do looks directly lifted from keegie's halycon days.

I think he was the 1st. He was always going to sign him in my view.

A trial made things sound a bit better, and gave people time to get used to the idea.

I'm happy enough with it, not much to lose.

If he can come on and stick a few away and be a positive addition off the field then it's a good deal for all.

Oh god no! This just hold up the development of people like Derbyshire. What a waste! Sends all the wrong signals.

Oh god no! This just hold up the development of people like Derbyshire. What a waste! Sends all the wrong signals.

i wouldnt really say that its goin over the top abit and tbf its not like fowler is in his late 30's for god sake he's only 33 the same age as beckham and only 2/ 3 years older than benni

c'mon its not that bad you are overeacting abit

For those of us that know Owen Coyle there is no surprise at all in that. The only thing I find surprising is that he did not score more than one; perhaps he was only on the field for a minute or so! ;)

According to the LT he was on the field for about 15 minutes, and they showed a picture of him "waving to his family".

According to the LT he was on the field for about 15 minutes, and they showed a picture of him "waving to his family".

At the end of the day Robbie Fowler is still one of the most natural finishers I have ever seen, he will bring some experience and for god sake he isnt going to be first name on the teamsheet so its a win-win situation for us

At the end of the day Robbie Fowler is still one of the most natural finishers I have ever seen, he will bring some experience and for god sake he isnt going to be first name on the teamsheet so its a win-win situation for us

No offence however with that arguement then lets resign Cole or Shearer heck why not Garner. :lol:

No offence however with that arguement then lets resign Cole or Shearer heck why not Garner. :lol:

He is still playing, hence my point - you dont forget overnight

Cole, one of the best finishers? you surely are having a laugh

whilst most of us appreciate that, the point is that it potentially reduces the chances of derbyshire coming on in games, hence denying him of valuable playing time and experience. but in searching for a bright spot, i'm trying to convince myself that this could be good for us if fowler is used sporadically, and contributes to tutoring young matty. this would be invaluable coaching for derbyshire, who in my opinion, is probably the most natural young finisher in the english game right now. Their similarities in size, instinct and playing style would mean that fowler would make an excellent mentor - if he is brought in for that purpose. my only worry is if ince starts playing fowler regularly as one of the first three strikers.

I think this may be finally moving forward...think one or two people at Blackburn now want rid...

The price will be very close to £17 million.

Ok, is it Ince that wants rid?

If it is, I think you should say so, and if it isn't I think you should also say so instead of making vague comments which give people yet more ammo to fire against the manager without knowing any of the facts one way or the other.

I thought 17m was our original asking price anyway so we can't want rid THAT badly?

As regards Warnock I've seen nothing whatsoever elsewhere to suggest that either Ince or John Williams have the slightest interest in selling Warnock. His name hasn't even been mentioned anywhere else that I've seen, the "saga" only seems to be running on this thread. If there is indeed prolonged interest from Newcastle, is it not probable it is merely his agent stirring things up?

What I had written that you had quoted was about the Burnley manager, not Fowler.

whilst most of us appreciate that, the point is that it potentially reduces the chances of derbyshire coming on in games, hence denying him of valuable playing time and experience. but in searching for a bright spot, i'm trying to convince myself that this could be good for us if fowler is used sporadically, and contributes to tutoring young matty. this would be invaluable coaching for derbyshire, who in my opinion, is probably the most natural young finisher in the english game right now. Their similarities in size, instinct and playing style would mean that fowler would make an excellent mentor - if he is brought in for that purpose. my only worry is if ince starts playing fowler regularly as one of the first three strikers.

Derbyshire doesnt warrant a starting place and the manager has not seen an awful lot of him. More options the better

Ok, is it Ince that wants rid?

If it is, I think you should say so, and if it isn't I think you should also say so instead of making vague comments which give people yet more ammo to fire against the manager without knowing any of the facts one way or the other.

I thought 17m was our original asking price anyway so we can't want rid THAT badly?

As regards Warnock I've seen nothing whatsoever elsewhere to suggest that either Ince or John Williams have the slightest interest in selling Warnock. His name hasn't even been mentioned anywhere else that I've seen, the "saga" only seems to be running on this thread. If there is indeed prolonged interest from Newcastle, is it not probable it is merely his agent stirring things up?

The Warnock saga only running on this thread...get real. Check the Newcastle paper this morning and the other papers who confirmed the Duff swap ongoing 'saga.'

You'll get to know the Bentley details later.

'Vague comments'? Don't make me howl.

Archived