BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think the club will make a fuss once all of the paperwork is done...this is an imaginative bit of business. So they should bang the drum a bit.

I find it surprising that Robinson has not even been 'unveiled' yet. When you bring in an England keeper you should make a bigger deal of it.

This could be an indicator of just how busy the front office and manager really are? With so many things gong on and so many fronts to address it does make sense. New manager, Friedel out, Robinson in, improve the squad with: R-back, R-wing, Midfielders, fend off pursuers of: RSC, Bentley, Friedel(at the time), Warnock, Samba(at one point). There is alot going on.

Nicko or anyone else, Would you say this has been one of the busier off-season in recent memoery?

I think this may be finally moving forward...think one or two people at Blackburn now want rid...

The price will be very close to £17 million.

We need to stick to our guns and not low-sell Bentley.

Huddlestone has just signed a new contract at Spurs, so i don't think he will be in any deal with Bentley going to the Lane. I think Blackburn are going to accept a lower fee now from Spurs, i reckon that was part of the deal when we landed Robinson.

What is a contract? Just something that means nothing in football these days. Bentley has a contract - Warnock recently signed one as well as Brad Friedel. It open house on all transfers now - in contract or not.

I believe the chairman will put his foot down on this one.

by this do you mean:

- ince is willing to sell and williams is unhappy about it?

- warnock fancies the move and williams won't allow?

- williams is going to have a word with newcastle about their paltry bids and them unsettling out player?

cheers nicko!

I think Blackburn are going to accept a lower fee now from Spurs, i reckon that was part of the deal when we landed Robinson.

how much lower? guess arsenal wouldnt be to happy about the fee suddenly dropping without any obvious reason...

Nicko if Rovers did get add ons for Bentley would that mean we have to split them with Arsenal as well?

Good question - the answer will be interesting. If every club put in add ons / clauses to every player they sell - it just a merry go round. Rovers should say to spurs we want 50% of any sale of bentley. Lets be honest he will want a move again soon - so Rovers should at least try to get some more money back.

I do not think Warnock will be going anywhere.

I think this may be finally moving forward...think one or two people at Blackburn now want rid...

The price will be very close to £17 million.

There appears to be a row growing with regards to keans sale to liverpool - the spurs owner has said they were 'forced' to sell him to liverpool. Do you have any information on this Nicko? What is the difference with this and any other approach from any club wanting a Rovers player. There is always some form of snide moves in transfer of players.

Oh yeah Nicko, the McDingles won last night 5-0, your mate Coyley was playing (:lol:) and scored the 5th.

You must have been skipping for joy.

For those of us that know Owen Coyle there is no surprise at all in that. The only thing I find surprising is that he did not score more than one; perhaps he was only on the field for a minute or so! ;)

There appears to be a row growing with regards to keans sale to liverpool - the spurs owner has said they were 'forced' to sell him to liverpool. Do you have any information on this Nicko? What is the difference with this and any other approach from any club wanting a Rovers player. There is always some form of snide moves in transfer of players.

It's a Spurs story - making us feel sorry for them...while they do the same by pushing through a move for Bentley.

What goes around etc.

Some basic football principles.

1. Rovers. 1 person to 1 job. Nicko - you're worrying me again. One person alone should manage team affairs - my earlier post on this made me wonder who was in charge. It seems Ince might be really a coach rather than manager. Who do you judge if it goes right/wrong? There is hand holding but this is babysitting - some Guv'nor!

2. Spurs - they've figured it! Sell your which team which finished (was it 11th) and buy one higher up - the one which finished 7th is a good start.

3. Everton - Oh my god. Who is their financier, Donald Trump. Their principle appears to be borrow so much they can't close you down. Goodison Towers anyone?

4. Barcodes 2 principles -

i. Use spreadbetting - a multiple each way bid on every position and maybe they'll unsettle one player they might just be able to afford.

ii. Chairman to sit with fans again - Love to see MA in the Gallowgate End (appropriate name that)

How much have Rovers to spend approximately once Bents has gone?

It's a Spurs story - making us feel sorry for them...while they do the same by pushing through a move for Bentley.

What goes around etc.

This seems to be a common tactic this transfer window - man u made complaints about approaches to their players - yet do the same thing - Then there is the barry and villa and liverpool sage - now spurs.

Selling a player than saying they were forced to do so - destroys their big club ego.

Nicko broke the story so he was right to put it on here stop being so bloody picky will you

That's completely irrelevant.

It wasn't a question for Nicko, it wasn't a reply to anything anyone else had said, and it wasn't following any of the discussion that was going on there. Some people are just in the habit of posting everything in here, and in case you haven't noticed the mods are trying to get people to post things in the relevant area to keep Nicko's topic readable.

nicko iv heard that the bentley fee could be rising up to 20.3 million... any truth in this??

I would be surprised.

Spurs have got their striker, by the way, which explains why they moved in for Bentley...

nicko iv heard that the bentley fee could be rising up to 20.3 million... any truth in this??

were have you heard this from Sparky, i will be amazed if Spurs were going to pay that much for Bents, but i am sure Rovers will be happy with that fee

Archived