BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, so were underway with transfers, the Mail are reporting that a deal has been struck between Villa and Liverpool for the sale of Gareth Barry for 17.5Million plus Steve Finnan. So all this about us letting Friedel and Bents go, Villa release their best player and so do Spurs with Keane gone and Bentley to follow. I think were in a similar situation to Villa.

All this talk of getting rid of The Axe is a joke.

He is one of our squad players, nothing more. He is able to fill in anywhere across the midfield

Anywhere across the midfield? Are you sure you're talking about Mokoena?

Right midfield? Left midfield? Attacking midfield? :blink:

Actually, he's proved time and time again that the only midfield position he plays well is sitting in front of the back four in a defensive 4-5-1 formation.

Nicko, so were underway with transfers, the Mail are reporting that a deal has been struck between Villa and Liverpool for the sale of Gareth Barry for 17.5Million plus Steve Finnan. So all this about us letting Friedel and Bents go, Villa release their best player and so do Spurs with Keane gone and Bentley to follow. I think were in a similar situation to Villa.

I don't think that can be right (yet) Only yesterday Rafa said to buy Barry he'd have to sell off Alonso and some others.

I don't think that can be right (yet) Only yesterday Rafa said to buy Barry he'd have to sell off Alonso and some others.

Unless a deal has already been struck for us to buy Pennant. This would give them the extra money they might need for Barry... :rolleyes:

Because Ince's judgement failed. I'll not be impressed if we get that 3 time loser for £5m or whatever.

I dont understand why it has to be either Lennon (has said he doesnt want to leave Spuds) or Lennon.

We should look abroad...

Lennon - Would be good

SWP - Would be brilliant

Pennant - As a replacement for Bentley, underwelming!

Quick question: Will SkySports news and their goones ever say anything positive about the club?!

Spurs fans seem to think they are getting Bentley for £12 million plus £4-5 million in add-ons. A figure i cant believe is true as JW comes across as far more shrewd than that.

Is there a chance Nicko the fee will be undisclosed?

In this case I think the figures will be revealed...Arsenal are due a percentage, so that means there may have to be more transparency.

Oh, by the way. from tonight's LET:

Arsenal are also in line for a chunk of any profit, having negotiated a sizeable sell-on clause into the original deal.

I dont understand why it has to be either Lennon (has said he doesnt want to leave Spuds) or Lennon.

We should look abroad...

Lennon - Would be good

SWP - Would be brilliant

Pennant - As a replacement for Bentley, underwelming!

Personally I'd be delighted with any of them, I was worried that Emerton was going to be the replacement so any of those would be a huge improvement.

I wouldn't be keen on us taking a risk from someone abroad because we already have Villanueva coming in who will take time to settle. What if both he and the new right winger took a while to settle in (if they did at all) and Pedersen had another off season? We'd be well and truly screwed.

I think we'd be better off playing it safe with this one and getting an established Premiership player.

In this case I think the figures will be revealed...Arsenal are due a percentage, so that means there may have to be more transparency.

Oh, by the way. from tonight's LET:

Arsenal are also in line for a chunk of any profit, having negotiated a sizeable sell-on clause into the original deal.

Thanks for the reply Nicko.

Is it your opinion that the £12 million plus +£4-5 million in add-ons is far from the mark?

SWP man has been doing well in Chelsea friendlies, so I think he'll stay and try to recapture his best form.

I doubt Lennon would leave Spurs and I doubt that Spurs want to let him go seeing as he's their only really pacy winger (as far as I can think).

Benayoun rumours would be good if true.

Is it your opinion that the £12 million plus +£4-5 million in add-ons is far from the mark?

As I mentioned in the Bentley thread, most reports today seem to be suggesting the initial fee is 15m with various add ons possibly taking it up to 17m eventually.

Thanks for the reply Nicko.

£15 million plus extras would be more like it.

Remember that £8.5 million plus Robinson [valued at £3.5 million] and installments was rejected a week ago. So £12 million plus installments is the SAME offer.

It has to be around £15 million and rising.

Grella to Blackburn ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3887044,00.html

Do you know anything about this Nicko ?

Grella...Bresciano...I think there is an Aussie agent with someone's phone number.

With the money Rovers have they surely must do better than these guys.

Archived